Revitalization Around The Rock

The Rock 07

"There was some mention of putting some type of statue of Brodeur or Stevens by the PNC entry tower (where they placed the Pru symbol and Devils symbol mid-way last season) after they knock more buildings down, but he seemed to indicate that this has not been finalized or set in stone."

Ba-dum-CHING!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

I was at the Alicica Keys concert (suprised my girlfriend) last night @ The Rock. The only thing that were new/different was that the skybridge is almost done; they have glassed it in and have brick around the garage entrance.

Oh boy, a statue of Stevens...the things PK coul...would do.

You know how they have people who are caretakers of the Stars on the Walk of Fame in California by washing and cleaning them weekly? Well I nominate PK to clean the pigeon crap from Scotty's brow on a weekly basis ... :koolaid:

So what are everyones' guesses on the poses for the Marty and Stevens statues? Stevens lifting the Cup or leveling someone? Marty stacking the pads or making a glove save? Tons of possibilities.

I'd like to see Stevens' hit on Lindros forever immortalized along with a vintage half-butterfly glove save for Marty.

So what are everyones' guesses on the poses for the Marty and Stevens statues? Stevens lifting the Cup or leveling someone? Marty stacking the pads or making a glove save? Tons of possibilities.

I'd like to see Stevens' hit on Lindros forever immortalized along with a vintage half-butterfly glove save for Marty.

I like Stevens lifting the Cup and Marty with the glove save. But does anyone else feel like we should at least wait till Marty retires? Why jinx him with a statue with a few years to go?

Not yet for Marty. A Stevens statue would be cool. I don't know about it holding the cup though. That may anger the Hockey Gods. And I DO NOT want to make them angry! We would not like them when they're angry. (See the curse) I think more of a defensive posture or creaming someone who would be too obscure to quite make out who it is.

And leave room for more statues to be built in a pattern like actually seen on the ice. :evil:

... Well I nominate PK to clean the pigeon crap from Scotty's brow on a weekly basis ... :koolaid:

I'm sure she'll keep a certain part of the statue well polished anyway!

Edited by Masked Fan

I'd be fine with a Stevens statue. but I still think there needs to be, maybe, some other moments in Devils history set in stone. The first I think is McMullen. I'd love to a snapshot of the podium and him behind it annoucing the team coming to Jersey.

The other is MacLean (is it with Daneyko? and Muller?) arms over each other shoulders skating down the ice in Chicago, making the playoffs for the first time.

The other is MacLean (is it with Daneyko? and Muller?) arms over each other shoulders skating down the ice in Chicago, making the playoffs for the first time.

I second that! Anything immortalizing that moment would be sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOzUSdrAioM

I think if would be cool if they lined the sides of Triangle Park with these statues. A Marty statue could wait till after he's done playing, but they could get started with Stevens, McMullen, and something with that '88 game.

I just feel the '88 game was such a cornerstone for this team, one probably not superseeded again until 1995. Most people don't know that about the franchise, I think it'd be great to have that...

Honor the '88 team that night. Bring back the old timers, the staff, wear the green jerseys and put up the statue of MacLean arm and arm...at the base of the statue possibly have a plaque commemorating the moment/list the roster.

I took this from Wired NewYork:

Cushman & Wakefield Named Leasing Agents For Liberty Plaza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Betsy Kraat

NEWARK-- Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. has been named exclusive marketing agent for the office component at Tucker Development Corporation

• 1 month later...

I have done a little homework on the Isley Building at 35 Edison Place. I found this article from www.newarkrbp.org Link. I then found this website Link 2 which is the developer's site. It has very interesting pictures of various plans around Newark including 35 Edison Place.

Here is a list of the projects...

Newark Downtown District

33 Washington Street

35 Edison Place

Some interesting statistics on 35 Edison Place.

- Ground floor retail space of 2500 Square Feet

- Full Basement

- $50 a square foot

- Two story restaurant (Brick City Bar and Grill)

- Four loft style apartments

- Brick City Bar and Grill will take up 6,000 square feet

I called up the number it gives for Brick City Bar and Grill and the man who picked up said that it is going to open within the next month- month and a half. The article also says that the four loft style apartments are currently for rent. I'm going to head down there next month to check out the entry plaza, 35 Edison, and what ever else is going on down there.

I love Jeff Vanderbeek. Every single thing I've suggested thusfar has been given due consideration and a large part of it has been implemented.

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?sho...22635&st=80

Well, ND5, another one of your suggestions has come through. The Rock to get a sculpture

I have done a little homework on the Isley Building at 35 Edison Place. I found this article from www.newarkrbp.org Link. I then found this website Link 2 which is the developer's site. It has very interesting pictures of various plans around Newark including 35 Edison Place.

Newark Downtown District

33 Washington Street

35 Edison Place

- Full Basement

- $50 a square foot

I called up the number it gives for Brick City Bar and Grill and the man who picked up said that it is going to open within the next month- month and a half. The article also says that the four loft style apartments are currently for rent. I'm going to head down there next month to check out the entry plaza, 35 Edison, and what ever else is going on down there.

Pretty cool!

As always, great work TR07. We've been hearing whispers about the Brick City Bar and Grill for a while now, so it's nice to see something concrete. It's even nicer to see that it will be open in time for the start of the season. People thought Vanderbeek was crazy, but this arena really is helping to turn around downtown Newark.

One more thing, in one of the articles that I found while researching the topic, the Deputy Mayor of Newark said that they are planning on breaking ground on a new hotel near the arena within the next year. Could this be along with the much anticipated Triangle Park???

Edited by The Rock 07

Newark Downtown District

33 Washington Street

35 Edison Place

- Full Basement

- $50 a square foot

The BCB&G website is up,(didn't know if posted) and it looks like a really good menu. A lot to pick from. And most importantly it sounds like it will be a good place to hangout at the bar and not just a bar to sit at while you wait for a table.

http://brickcitybarandgrill.com

The BCB&G website is up,(didn't know if posted) and it looks like a really good menu. A lot to pick from. And most importantly it sounds like it will be a good place to hangout at the bar and not just a bar to sit at while you wait for a table.

http://brickcitybarandgrill.com

Thanks oat! That's a brand spankin' new site. Great website and a great menu! Can't wait till this place opens!

Edited by The Rock 07

Hey everybody!

I'm going to be heading down to Newark on Tuesday (5th) to check out what's going on around The Rock. Any requests of where I should take pictures of? Also, how's the food at the Arena Bar because I plan on having lunch there unless Brick City or any other of the restaurants that are supposed to open this summer are open.

Hey everybody!

I'm going to be heading down to Newark on Tuesday (5th) to check out what's going on around The Rock. Any requests of where I should take pictures of? Also, how's the food at the Arena Bar because I plan on having lunch there unless Brick City or any other of the restaurants that are supposed to open this summer are open.

From my experience, the food at Arena Bar is extremely forgettable. Best food around the new barn IMO is at Scully's (the Dublin Decker is heaven between slices of bread), but a lot of folks around here seem to be fond of Hell's Kitchen (only went there once myself and wasn't all that impressed).

Thanks Dano. I'll probably go there instead. I've heard mixed reviews of Arena Bar but I'll check out Scullys. Here's their website if anybody is interested. Scullys

Edited by The Rock 07