GDT: Anaheim @ New Jersey - 2/17/2012

NJCroMag

Haha yup!

Marty played excellent tonight. I think he played this game better than the rags game where he shut them out.

I'd still stay with Zach (still has a 45% career shooting% in shootouts), but I think I'd drop him to 3rd shooter next time, just to mix it up.

Yeah, Marty really was terrific. Season save% now up to .903.

this is a win win match for us imo

Not if it goes to OT...damn 3-point games...

Anybody catch what Deboer was so pissed off about in ot?

I got the sense that the refs were basically skating off the ice until DeBoer asked them to look at the goal.

Devils are starting to show some wear here - they're without Tallinder, Larsson, and Zajac and it's impossible to hide forever. They're getting the breaks and Brodeur is playing really well, when we need it. Hopefully Larsson is back by this time next week, that would be nice.

Wow Chico really needed to shut up during that review on Getzlaf's kick-in. He was driving me nuts.

I'm not sure they got the better of the play tonight, but Marty came up huge tonight and kept the team alive. Solid game from Greene and Taormina I thought. Is it me or has Fayne looked a little flat on the offensive side? Maybe not a bad thing, and it could just be due to being more cautious with Tallinder and Larsson out still.

Anaheim is not a bad team.

I got the sense that the refs were basically skating off the ice until DeBoer asked them to look at the goal.

Devils are starting to show some wear here - they're without Tallinder, Larsson, and Zajac and it's impossible to hide forever. They're getting the breaks and Brodeur is playing really well, when we need it. Hopefully Larsson is back by this time next week, that would be nice.

Yeah, they're definitely not going to keep surviving these 3rd periods. I'm not motivated enough to look it up, but I'm curious as to how much they've been outshot in 3rd periods over the last 10 games or so.

These comments from Parise and Brodeur are priceless:

https://twitter.com/#!/Ledger_NJDevils/status/170709929060081664

"Parise said he thought the NHL would allow Getzlaf's goal to count becasue so many video reviews have gone against the Devils."

https://twitter.com/#!/Ledger_NJDevils/status/170710276008718338

"Brodeur said he never left his crease because he saw Geztlaf kick it in. "But with the NHL you just have to wait.""

Yeah, they're definitely not going to keep surviving these 3rd periods. I'm not motivated enough to look it up, but I'm curious as to how much they've been outshot in 3rd periods over the last 10 games or so.

They've had leads in most of these 3rd periods. That's what's going to stop. Being outshot in the 3rd period with a lead is standard.

Edited by Triumph