1473 replies to this topic

#61 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:15 PM

I think it's a very good move for the Panthers too.  There's Four Stanley Cups and 250 playoff games at least between the two of them.  What better guys to bring into a locker room?  These guys love the game more than life itself.

This isn't Rangersesque.  Rangersesque would be signing a guy like Nedved to get yourself over the cap number.  I think Keenan's brought in two solid veterans here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When they're taking up too much ice-time from younger players, don't be surprised.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#62 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:37 PM

This isn't exactly the place for it, but did anyone else take notice of the Minnesota-Ottawa deal of a few days back? Minnesota picked up Todd White for a draft pick. The Wild have 2/3rds of a very solid checking line with White and Walz. Anyone know who plays the other wing for them?

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#63 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:55 PM

Kings ink Kostopoulous to two-year deal: http://tsn.ca/nhl/ne...y.asp?ID=132162

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#64 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:56 PM

This isn't exactly the place for it, but did anyone else take notice of the Minnesota-Ottawa deal of a few days back? Minnesota picked up Todd White for a draft pick. The Wild have 2/3rds of a very solid checking line with White and Walz. Anyone know who plays the other wing for them?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.njdevs.co...showtopic=20219 :)

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#65 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:59 PM

See, this is what happens when the internet goes down for 4 days around the draft. :doh1:

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#66 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,189 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:09 PM

This seems to be a pretty comprehensive list of FA's and their status:

ESPN.com list of free agents
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#67 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:13 PM

Who?

I think everyone is so hungry for news, TSN is on the verge of making it up. Next they will be announcing when teams sign equipment managers.

Edited by Don, 01 August 2005 - 08:14 PM.

"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#68 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:13 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd probably say Pascal Dupuis.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#69 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:54 PM

Who?

I think everyone is so hungry for news, TSN is on the verge of making it up. Next they will be announcing when teams sign equipment managers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

super AHL dude. He's a career AHL guy who's made his name mostly on teh pens, then he got traded to the monarchs...and apparently he wants to stay there.

Nazarov...i saw him in the AHL...he didn't do anything.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#70 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,562 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:06 PM

I think it's a very good move for the Panthers too. There's Four Stanley Cups and 250 playoff games at least between the two of them. What better guys to bring into a locker room? These guys love the game more than life itself.

This isn't Rangersesque. Rangersesque would be signing a guy like Nedved to get yourself over the cap number.  I think Keenan's brought in two solid veterans here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When they're taking up too much ice-time from younger players, don't be surprised.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too much ice time? It's two players. There's 10 other forwards who have to get ice time. Let's see if you can name who they will be offhand.

I don't think young players should get first line ice time anywhere, unless they are superstars in the making. This 'rebuilding' nonsense that people obsess over, I don't understand it. There is PLENTY of ice for young players there. There is plenty of time to develop them. Jacques Martin developed plenty of them in Ottawa.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#71 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:14 PM

I think it's a very good move for the Panthers too.  There's Four Stanley Cups and 250 playoff games at least between the two of them.  What better guys to bring into a locker room?  These guys love the game more than life itself.

This isn't Rangersesque.  Rangersesque would be signing a guy like Nedved to get yourself over the cap number.  I think Keenan's brought in two solid veterans here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too much ice time? It's two players. There's 10 other forwards who have to get ice time. Let's see if you can name who they will be offhand.

I don't think young players should get first line ice time anywhere, unless they are superstars in the making. This 'rebuilding' nonsense that people obsess over, I don't understand it. There is PLENTY of ice for young players there. There is plenty of time to develop them. Jacques Martin developed plenty of them in Ottawa.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think derek was saying that the young players would be getting top line icetime. But that roberts and nieuwy will be taking every crucial thing and hogging up 20 minutes a game.

weiss, horton, stewart, olesz(?), kolnik, joiknen(i can't spell his name he's 26 right? thorntons age i believe), huselies(if he's still around)....thats 8. good enough.

I think derek said that thinking of Keenan as a coach who is known for playing one top line and one top goalie only. But Martin is a great coach, who should do fine with these guys. He helped make chara, redden, and phillips the players they are now.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#72 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:12 PM

That's exactly it bruins. I can't believe how much money they're making. That is an absolute joke.

#73 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:31 PM

omg... it's true. Adam Foote is now a Columbus Blue Jacket. Wow... that came out of nowhere. Here's the link:

http://www.sportsnet...801_230313_4120

If you don't believe it like I didn't, check Hasan's opening post with the tracker. Columbus did need a D-man.

#74 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:37 PM

Oh man, hope he enjoys his money. That has to be one of the least desirable places to play right now.

Just thought of something......Foote's getting $4.5 million a year. That sets the bar for Nieder. He's not settling for anything less than $6 mil.

Edited by Z-Man, 01 August 2005 - 10:43 PM.

#75 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:37 PM

TSN.ca also has it: http://tsn.ca/nhl/ne...173&hubName=nhl

#76 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:43 PM

Thanks RD. Well Z, look at that team for a second. They are up and coming. Nash. Zherdev. I wish I could think cause I know they got more. Brule fell to them. Klesla. They didn't really have a physical D who could help. I can see how Foote might fit in. But they better hope he can adjust to the new rules.

#77 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:48 PM

They have a pretty good goaltender in Denis too. Columbus draws a large crowd already, having a big name like Adam Foote will only help the fanbase even more...with such a young, talented team, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did do considerably better than seasons past.

#78 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,060 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:55 PM

Foote signing with Columbus means he won't be signing with the Phailures. Color me happy.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#79 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:11 PM

They have a pretty good goaltender in Denis too. Columbus draws a large crowd already, having a big name like Adam Foote will only help the fanbase even more...with such a young, talented team, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did do considerably better than seasons past.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah RD. I knew they had a good goalie but forgot his name. LOL

Before they added Foote, I felt this team was going in the right direction and could be playoff bound.

#80 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:19 PM

What ever happened with Pascal Leclaire, their goalie prospect?
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users