COD Black Ops 2

KAZ

I would ask the same thing about Halo 4.

ive been playing halo on 360 if u ever wanna play. Gamertag is NJD3. Ive always been a huge halo fan but i was disappointed with every game after 2. This one is the first one since 2 that has gotten me addicted. COD has just been putting the same stuff out for the past 63 years or so. I think for once in recent years halo feels more innovative than cod.

I'm a multiplayer-only guy so I can't comment on the campaigns, but I have both games. I've never played Halo much in the past but I'm enjoying it. The only issue is the maps are super-repetitive; when playing TDM and the large TDM, it feels like I'm playing the same 5 or 6 maps. The create-a-loadout is similar to the Call of Duty series, which is cool.

Black Ops is really fun. I've enjoyed all of the maps. They totally revamped the create-a-class and made it more adjustable/customizable to suit the way you want to play. The sounds in the game are also amazing; the guns, grenade explosions, sounds/phrases the characters make... wonderful. Graphics are fantastic too. The game feels a lot smoother than Treyarch's previous Call of Duty attempts. It's still really early but this may be my favorite Call of Duty game since COD 4.

Edited by nmigliore

I'm a multiplayer-only guy so I can't comment on the campaigns, but I have both games. I've never played Halo much in the past but I'm enjoying it. The only issue is the maps are super-repetitive; when playing TDM and the large TDM, it feels like I'm playing the same 5 or 6 maps. The create-a-loadout is similar to the Call of Duty series, which is cool.

Black Ops is really fun. I've enjoyed all of the maps. They totally revamped the create-a-class and made it more adjustable/customizable to suit the way you want to play. The sounds in the game are also amazing; the guns, grenade explosions, sounds/phrases the characters make... wonderful. Graphics are fantastic too. The game feels a lot smoother than Treyarch's previous Call of Duty attempts. It's still really early but this may be my favorite Call of Duty game since COD 4.

definitely playing the same maps for halo. Plus with the voting system it seems like you always play haven cause thats the favorite right now. Its weird that there isnt more variety cause i remember in halo reach they had forged some maps give more variety to the playlists. Also there are either 1 or 3 maps on the disk that arent in matchmaking. One of them actually seems like it wud be a fan favorite, but unfortunately it isnt in matchmaking. I think the main reason that im more into halo than cod right now is cause of the lack of a competitive ranking system in cod. I loved in halo two where if you lost you could actually rank down. I can only do the get to max level then prestige cycle so many times before im tired of it. Right now halo doesnt have it but in january they are bringing the halo 22 ranking system back, which im pumped for. And also when the ranking system patch comes you will already have a rank for every game type cause they are tracking games already. Cod is definitely fun, but i think for this game i wud most likely just get it for zombie mode. Btw how is that mode in this game? Have you played it?

Btw how is that mode in this game? Have you played it?

Wrong person to ask on that; I'm probably the only person in the world who just never liked the Zombies stuff very much. I played it occasionally with friends in Black Ops but it just never appealed to me.

BlOps2 seems fairly decent so far. They had some lag and game matching problems last week but for the most part those have been fixed. some maps are a lot of fun others not so (Drone). A well organized team can dominate a random lobby in certain objective games (e.g. domination) on some maps due to choke points and spawns. The LMGs are useless. I love the sharpshooter game mode as you can't camp and you can try out different weapons/load outs. Its definately an improvement on the 1st BlOps but not genre defining. So far its fun and I haven't even tried the campaign.

BlOps2 seems fairly decent so far. They had some lag and game matching problems last week but for the most part those have been fixed. some maps are a lot of fun others not so (Drone). A well organized team can dominate a random lobby in certain objective games (e.g. domination) on some maps due to choke points and spawns. The LMGs are useless. I love the sharpshooter game mode as you can't camp and you can try out different weapons/load outs. Its definately an improvement on the 1st BlOps but not genre defining. So far its fun and I haven't even tried the campaign.

The bolded is most certainly not true. I use the MK48, but you need the quickdraw attachment

I kind of feel like the LMG's always get underused, probably because of the slow action, but there's generally a sneaky-great gun in there. I've used the MK48 frequently and found it to be pretty decent; I don't think I have it as a loadout anymore but I had the EOD Tech scope with one of the grips. Haven't really tried the others out yet, but then again I haven't tried a lot of guns. I've mostly used the DRS (or DSR, whatever it's called) and Ballista snipers, the MTAR, the MP7, and the SWAT with select fire (amazing!) as my main classes.

Not sure if anyone else feels this way but I don't like the claymores in comparison to the bouncing betties. They don't seem to trip as effectively and people use one of the perks/abilities to hack them. I've had far more success with the betties, which wasn't the case in past COD games. They seem quieter when tripped and have a pretty large blast radius.

I just entered my first prestige the other day and I'm hoping to try out new guns. I love the fact you get to keep your weapon levels, camo, and attachments though. All you have to do is use an unlock token to unlock the gun and then you have everything you always had for it. Much better system IMO.

Edited by nmigliore

I kind of feel like the LMG's always get underused, probably because of the slow action, but there's generally a sneaky-great gun in there. I've used the MK48 frequently and found it to be pretty decent; I don't think I have it as a loadout anymore but I had the EOD Tech scope with one of the grips. Haven't really tried the others out yet, but then again I haven't tried a lot of guns. I've mostly used the DRS (or DSR, whatever it's called) and Ballista snipers, the MTAR, the MP7, and the SWAT with select fire (amazing!) as my main classes.

Not sure if anyone else feels this way but I don't like the claymores in comparison to the bouncing betties. They don't seem to trip as effectively and people use one of the perks/abilities to hack them. I've had far more success with the betties, which wasn't the case in past COD games. They seem quieter when tripped and have a pretty large blast radius.

I just entered my first prestige the other day and I'm hoping to try out new guns. I love the fact you get to keep your weapon levels, camo, and attachments though. All you have to do is use an unlock token to unlock the gun and then you have everything you always had for it. Much better system IMO.

Thank god you get to keep your weapons