Rumor: Clarkson's contract being bought out per Stan Fischler

grcenter47

Everyone thought Clarkson was finished after that 12 goal season in 2010-11 and he was included in every fake trade on here.  He's not going to score 30 again but if the Leafs fire Carlyle and they use David in the right role I could see him being decent next year.

Everyone thought Clarkson was finished after that 12 goal season in 2010-11 and he was included in every fake trade on here.  He's not going to score 30 again but if the Leafs fire Carlyle and they use David in the right role I could see him being decent next year.

Yeah, if you've watched some Leaf games this year it's pretty clear he hasn't found a place on that team. Thus, the only spot they can even put him in is on the 4th line because, well anyone can be on the 4th line. His teammates are playing a completely different game than he is. To his credit, he tries, he puts himself in front of the net, he bangs, he screens, he falls... The issue is that he is still trying to play like he did on the Devils but on the Leafs. He needs a coach that knows how to use him because he sure as hell ain't going to adapt for them.

Please don't bring him back.  No no no.  You don't get to peace out to go home to a new ridiculous paycheck, and then come crawling back hoping for second chance because you were unsuccessful.  Ney ney I say.  Find a job elsewhere.

Edited by RizzMB30

Please don't bring him back.  No no no.  You don't get to peace out to go home to a new ridiculous paycheck, and then come crawling back hoping for second chance because you were unsuccessful.  Ney ney I say.  Find a job elsewhere.

Unless you don't think he can potentially do any good here that just seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

He's definitely young enough to come back (cheaply) and maybe re-find his form on the 3rd or 4th lines. I imagine Lou wouldn't feel that spiteful, especially since it was Toronto and not the Rangers.

Christ, the hostility towards Clarktard coming back is unbelievable. Clarkson didn't chose the Leafs over us on equal offers like Parise did, his offer was much more modest. He got a contract that would set him for life.

If clarkson was bought out, I'd take him back in a heart beat for 3 million or under a year.

We need goal-scoring and shot production, Clarkson is not the answer.  On top of that he's been horrible in possession this year, granted that could be because he in playing low minutes and with terrible linemates.  I believe that Clarkson benefited from having linemates who could get him the puck...Elias.  He thinks it over and feels maybe made the wrong decision to leave and now he should have to deal with his decision for the next six years.  I simply feel he doesn't deserve a second chance.  Players have taken less money to stay here in Jersey.  Elias, Zajac instead of insisting to hold out on the team and leave during UFA.  The Devils gave him a chance to be a pro hockey player and he took advantage.  Not saying that I hate the guy, I'm just saying that I wouldn't want him back.

Oh, he loved it here in New Jersey? So why did you leave for more money elsewhere? 

Edited by RizzMB30

i think this is all being thought way too far into.. this came from stan fischler not the most reliable source in the business.. and after just one season do we really think he would be bought out of that contract already?.. i dont think theyre going to buy him out that quickly just doesnt make all that much sense.