EQF Game 1 - Playoff GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Florida Panthers

Steven M.

NHL wants upsets in series this year. I guess nobody got the memo...

that's why they're helping the Panthers out

dont be stupid, horrible calls have gone both ways.

devils, get your fvcking heads in the game and score some and put them away please. please. i cant stand these dumb florida fans who insist every collision is a penalty.

Just another horrible period following a good one.

They're a jeckyl and hyde team. Some nights they got away with it and some nights they didn't. If they weren't their own worst enemy they might give people more confidence when they dominate. Instead you're just waiting for the devils to let a team back in the game.

dont be stupid, horrible calls have gone both ways.

devils, get your fvcking heads in the game and score some and put them away please. please. i cant stand these dumb florida fans who insist every collision is a penalty.

not stupid, refs are doing as much to cost teams goals as the teams themselves, or linesmen, a la the Briere fiasco. All this pre-emptive crap because they are afraid of a brawl if it gets too intense.

It's amazing how Marty can't please anyone, no matter how many saves he makes.

C'mon, you knew that was coming.

Hoping the break helped them get their feet a little.

I have no idea how any blame can be laid at brodeurs feet. This was just the devils doing what they are prone to do. The officiating is lousy all over watch the other games it damn near makes the sport unwatchable.

Kovalchuk needs to take off the invisibility cloak and do something today

Agreed. Top line was amazing early, have really quieted down since. They need to make themselves noticeable.

The devils defense doesn't get involved nearly as much offensively as Florida's does. I think that's a lot of the devils problem with the Jekyll and hyde play we see. Forwards cant sustain an attack for stretches of time with no support from the back end. This team asks alot of its forwards, sometimes too much.

Edited by hockey3893498

..... Theo gave up 3 goals, 2 of which would have lead to Marty getting hung in effigy had he let them in.

NO ONE is saying anything about Marty except that that ONE goal was soft and that he needs to play big for us to win this game. Theodore let in a few ok ones but had some ridiculous saves of the 23 he stopped in the first. Also, there has been no bigger supporter of Marty this season than me. When he lets in a soft one, I say it.

Dog's been good today. Not saying I want him back, but he's raising some hell.

Devils have done a nice job calming the game down and restoring order...still got a ways to go though.