Brylin Out 2-3 Months With A Broken Wrist

Anhkheg

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-d...ov=ap&type=lgns

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Devils forward Sergei Brylin had surgery on his broken right wrist Thursday and is expected to be sidelined two-to-three months.

He most likely will miss the rest of the regular season and the first month of the playoffs.

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello characterized the injury as a severe break and said doctors placed a pin in the wrist.

Brylin was injured in the first period of Wednesday night's 4-1 victory over Washington. He was hit along the boards by teammate Colin White and the Capitals' Steve Konowalchuk.

Brylin, a nine-year veteran, has 11 goals in 51 games

Poor Sarge.

He played with bum knees for so long and the had very painful ACL surgery.

Now he's had wrist sugery. Very painful also.

The timing is terrible, since he'll be unlikley to come back in time this year.

Best Wishes to him.

We've never won a cup without him! :saddevil:

sh!tty news to be sure. when is gionta scheduled to come back? now i wouldn't be surprised to see Lou make some sort of move. Macechern makes a lot more sense now. I would be surprised to see Lou allow a lineup of Gionta, Rupp, Bicek, and Berglund all at the same time. More experience will be coming from somewhere soon. And I don't think it's gonna be Steve Kariya.

Pando's been good... #19, however...

Anyway, it's terrible to lose him, but if we get him back this season, it probably means we made it to the ECF, which is never a bad thing!!

He'll be back just when we need him most.

Although I feel bad for Brylin because he's a good soldier and a hard-working player, we are definitely deep enough for this injury not to affect us. If this was Elias, then I'd be concerned. Tough loss, though. Rather have him than not have him.

Exactly on point JD.

Though I too wish it weren't him.