#21 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:09 AM

Spare me..
..this upcoming Superbowl will be the 4th Championship game this man has OC'd since 2008, and I've never seen such questioning and disrespect from Giants fans over a coach in my life.

I'd happily take Gilbride to call my plays on offense.

now THAT i agree with. 2 superbowl appearences as oc, and giants fans kill him

#22 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

now THAT i agree with. 2 superbowl appearences as oc, and giants fans kill him

3 Division Titles.. 1 Superbowl.. 2 Conference Championships.. a Top 10 offense every single season.. and according to Giant fans, it's all in-spite of him. :rolleyes:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#23 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

Between the 8 dropped passes by Green Bay.. 4 fumbles.. an onsides kick at 10-10.. 3 blatant holding calls against the Giants, completely ignored.

Please... there were at least 3 - if not twice that many - missed holds on the GB offensive line. And how can you forget the BS reversed Jennings fumble and the non-existent head contact penalty against Osi? GTFOOH. If anyone should be complaining against the officiating in the GB game, it's the Giants.
Posted Image

#24 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:09 AM

Spare me..
..this upcoming Superbowl will be the 4th Championship game this man has OC'd since 2008, and I've never seen such questioning and disrespect from Giants fans over a coach in my life.

I'd happily take Gilbride to call my plays on offense.

I hated Gilbride earlier in his Giants career, but he really has evolved with such a great, great QB in Manning and an always quality WR's corp of unknowns.

Tip of the cap to Gilbride as he has helped make the Giants a powerful and dynamic offense without the help of a running game.

Also, whoever the WR coach is turns out GOLD.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#25 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

I agree 10000% Cam Cameron is DONE here. What horrible play calling in the first quarter.

Flacco has to just learn to tuck and run. I saw the first down and cringed as he tried to throw it. Blown opportunity.
I will also NEVER understand why our best pure running back in Ricky Williams only gets a handful of touches.

Not to make an excuse, because we handed the game to the Pats. But Cundif has been hurt the last four games and even placed on IR for Shane Graham one game towards the end of the season. But he HAS hit the chip shot.

Moore made a big play...he deserves credit for knocking the ball away. Cundiff was as baffling as it gets, but he only would've tied it up...who knows?

Brady pick #2 was the dumbest play of the game...there was no reason for that. And it almost bit them in the ass, big time.

Definitely a tough loss for a Ravens' fan...they were one knocked-out ball away from winning the game. The fact that the game came down to one play didn't surprise me one bit.

You're trained from the cradle that; "Defense wins Championships!" ..and you have a Superbowl featuring the 28th ranked defense -vs- the 31st?

I's like bizarro world. Nothing makes sense.

You can't be so simplistic when looking at defensive rankings, especially when they take only one number into account...yards allowed. Pats were middle-of-the-pack in points allowed for the season. And the Giants D has been coming together at the right time.

As for this SB matchup...it's a bad one for the Pats...I'm a little surprised they're the favorites. The Pats' D has been pretty good overall in the two playoff games, but Eli is a big step up from Tebow and Flacco, and the Giants have already beaten them in the big one before, as well as this year...there's been a lot of roster turnover since 2007 (only 7 Pats remain from that team), but these Giants are very dangerous, on both sides.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#26 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

Giving the Pats staff 14 days of prep is something that scares the hell out of me, that's for sure.

#27 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

Giving the Pats staff 14 days of prep is something that scares the hell out of me, that's for sure.

That didn't help them much the last time.

2007 is going to be brought up a lot, but that comparison really doesn't hold water...the teams are much different now, and Eli is a better player now than he was then...I'd say Brady is the same (which is obviously pretty damned good).

For me, the biggest thing the Giants have going for them is that they don't fear the Patriots at all...nor should they. Even if they got down early (which I don't think they will), they'll recover to make it a game. And I can't see the Patriot D doing much against the Giants O...the Giants are going to put up at least 24 points, probably more.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#28 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

For me, the biggest thing the Giants have going for them is that they don't fear the Patriots at all...nor should they. Even if they got down early (which I don't think they will), they'll recover to make it a game. And I can't see the Patriot D doing much against the Giants O...the Giants are going to put up at least 24 points, probably more.

I can actually see the Giants perhaps getting a little big-headed with how much the media is singing their praises versus the "wounded" Patriots. I also see a little revenge thing going on here especially with Brady but also with OLs Matt Light and Logan Mankins who are still pissed over their performance in SB 42. The Patriots OL pretty much handled the highly rated Ravens DL and basically put Suggs on a milk carton. The 49ers I believe abandoned the run wayyyy too early and they showed that you can run the ball on the Giants and the Patriots got going offensively by running the ball on the Ravens. I believe there are serious opportunities for the Patriots there.

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:43 AM

If you’ve ever wondered what the big deal is about Ravens LB Ray Lewis — as if it wasn’t evident by his 16 sterling seasons as the heart of Baltimore’s defense — take a look at his locker room speech following the team’s AFC Championship Game loss to the Patriots.

Leader
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users