GDT. Rangers vs Devils

pumpkin cutter

After watching some highlights, on the last rags goal, Callahan is sitting on martys stick which stops him from being able to lift himself to get in position to stop that puck. Don't see rags fans conceding that, all I hear is cam kicked. Looked to me like things evened out and they still lost.

Edited by Sneax

After watching some highlights, on the last rags goal, Callahan is sitting on martys stick which stops him from being able to lift himself to get in position to stop that puck. Don't see rags fans conceding that, all I hear is cam kicked. Looked to me like things evened out and they still lost.

They're the most delusional fanbase in sports.  They also think Volchenkov should have been called for tripping on that one play.

i think everyone should check out the thread on hfboards and chime in. apparently our fan base is white trash haha

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?p=75759635&posted=1#post75759635

Can you bring up the blatant goalie interference Callahan got away with on the Kreider goal?  I would, but I'm banned from that site.

Here are the Devils wins.

*Rangers

*Bruins

*Lightning

Flyers

Predators

*Rangers

*Penguins

*Ducks

*Kings

Hurricanes

Sabres

*Rangers

The asterisks are teams currently in a playoff position.  8 of our 12 wins have come against teams in the playoffs.  The Flyers and Hurricanes are knocking on the door.  We've shown we can compete with the good teams in the league.  Eventually we'll get healthy, and eventually this team will really start to gel.  All the injuries has hurt the chemistry of the team.  We're 12-9-3 in our last 24 since starting the season 0-4-3.  There's 51 games to go.  I think the team can win at least 30 of them, and hopefully get some OTL's in the remaining 21.  If we finish with 95 points, we should be in the playoffs.  This is completely doable in my opinion.

The team desperately needs to start stringing together some wins though. The games against Montreal were close and competitive at least, but the reality is that they snapped a 3 game losing streak tonight.

They simply cannot afford an extended losing streak at this point. The metro sucks thankfully but still, the team needs to go on a winning streak sometime soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by Devilsfan118

The team desperately needs to start stringing together some wins though. The games against Montreal were close and competitive at least, but the reality is that they snapped a 3 game losing streak tonight. They simply cannot afford an extended losing streak at this point. The metro sucks thankfully but still, the team needs to go on a winning streak sometime soon. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well basically they have to go on a consistent "3 win out of 5 game" stretch the rest of the way.

Edited by Mike Brown

Here are the Devils wins.

*Rangers

*Bruins

*Lightning

Flyers

Predators

*Rangers

*Penguins

*Ducks

*Kings

Hurricanes

Sabres

*Rangers

The asterisks are teams currently in a playoff position.  8 of our 12 wins have come against teams in the playoffs.  The Flyers and Hurricanes are knocking on the door.  We've shown we can compete with the good teams in the league.  Eventually we'll get healthy, and eventually this team will really start to gel.  All the injuries has hurt the chemistry of the team.  We're 12-9-3 in our last 24 since starting the season 0-4-3.  There's 51 games to go.  I think the team can win at least 30 of them, and hopefully get some OTL's in the remaining 21.  If we finish with 95 points, we should be in the playoffs.  This is completely doable in my opinion.

with the pace now, 90 will probably be good enough to get in in the Metro division which is definitely doable

with the pace now, 90 will probably be good enough to get in in the Metro division which is definitely doable

Well right now yes, 90 points would seem like enough.  But I think the metro will only get better as the season goes on.  Right now, I suspect it'll be 6 teams in the division fighting for the 2nd and 3rd spot in the division.  I'm right now counting the Isles out. I'm also right now counting the Pens locked in to that first place spot in the Division. That could change in a month though.  The Rags, Devils, Caps, Canes, Blue Jackets, and Flyers will all be fighting tooth and nail for those 2 spots.

The Wild Card right now is also not out of the question.  Only 5 points back, but a lot more teams to compete with, and a lot more complicated to predict.

Once again, there was a large number of Devils fans at the Garden.

I was surprised with the large pop when Gelinas scored

Can you bring up the blatant goalie interference Callahan got away with on the Kreider goal?  I would, but I'm banned from that site.

I saw that and was surprised chico and steve didnt comment on it

I think the jansen goal was sort of a kick. He was clearly stopping but he did adjust his foot so that it would hit the puck from my perspective. I think without that goal, the devils lose this, the game was about to get out of their reach that goal got them back in it before it was to late.

Brunner probably played his last game as a devil.

Harold was basically an accident waiting to happen all night, literally stuff was going wrong whenever he was on the ice. Hemmed in our zone with him out there, I almost died at the start of OT where we win the face off and because of him the rangers end up with possession of the puck in our zone.

Boucher has not done that much in terms of scoring, but he is really physical compared to guys I thought he would be like, such as teddy.

Sestito isn't atrocious.

Merrill had some flubs tonight, but he made up for em.

Gelinas is so impressive, there was one play in the 3rd where he brought the puck up and tried to skate it through 3 defenders, almost worked lost it at the end but was very karlson like.

Marty had some decent saves but this win is not a result of him being in net, Schneider could have made all those stops and more. I really don't want to see him in net unless he has to be. He just looks so shaky at times. With Marty I still feel and fear that any shot could go in, with Schneider I know the offense has to make a great play to beat him (deflection, great passing play). Not that he wont give up some bad goals as well, hes had a few of those, he just seems way more consistent.

Anyway good to get a win, better to get one against the rangers 3-0-0 bitches.

Marty got a assist on that goal which if we don't get we don't win.  Not that I necessary agree that we don't win but at least be consistent. 

Some of it is a result of who they play, but less of the ugly games are happening with Marty in net.  I'm starting to think his puck playing has an effect on the game.   I don't know if it has an overall effect on anything unless he's playing incredibly in goal, but the team tends to look less inept when he plays

Marty got a assist on that goal which if we don't get we don't win.  Not that I necessary agree that we don't win but at least be consistent. 

Schneider doesn't let up both of those goals most likely. Marty slightly made up for some of it with the pass sure, but he's the reason we almost lost the game. Sure there were breakdowns but the goalies got to make tough saves, the Richards goal maybe I can forgive. I don't know a lot about the technical aspects of goal tending to know if that was a shot that could be stopped, but I've seen goalies make saves like that. So let's give him a pass there but the rebound on the 2nd goal was a joke.

Didn't get to see very much of this one, but obviously thrilled that they won.  3-0-0 against the Rangers and their dumbass fanbase is always a beautiful thing.

With the Devils having as many low-goal-output games as they do, it makes the games where they manage to score 3+ goals crucial.  Devils are 9-1-3 in such games.  As good as that looks, they probably need to do a little better in those games...something approaching 90% of the points available in 3+ goals-for.  Sounds crazy, but when a team gets held to 2- goals in 18 out of 31 games and goes 3-12-3 in such contests, it pretty much means you have to be damned near perfect in the games where you do score 3+. 

Devils are 2-3-2 in games where they score two goals, and this is where they're really going to have to improve...they've won two out of their last three of these games at least.  Lump this into the 3+ GF games, and the Devils have a 11-4-5 record when they score 2+.  One of two things are going to have to happen if the Devils are going to firmly get themselves into playoff contention:  either start reaching the 2+ goals for threshold more often than they do (to the tune of 80% of their games played) or come up with a higher percentage of points overall in games where they score 2+ (something around 75%-80% as opposed to the 67.5% they're at now).     

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976