#1 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

Just wanted to know if anyone went.

I managed to get tickets last minute, thought it would be a fun experience.

If you didn't go, did you watch it? What did you think?

#2 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

I had it on in the background wishing somehow someway, both teams could lose...........
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#3 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

Just wanted to know if anyone went.

I managed to get tickets last minute, thought it would be a fun experience.

If you didn't go, did you watch it? What did you think?

Any shenanigans?
Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#4 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

Any shenanigans?

Well I was wearing my Devils jacket, so I got some ©rap for that.

Some a$$hole Flyers fans were sitting behind me, kind of annoying listening to them talk the entire game.

#5 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

Hey, cool. How was the view? Didja get to take any pics?

#6 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

everytime the puck goes in front of rags net they all fall and fetal position and the net gets dislodged
Posted Image

#7 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

Hey, cool. How was the view? Didja get to take any pics?

View was amazing, sat in section 152. I did take some pics, I'll try to upload them.

#8 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

Awesome! Thanks for posting those.
Looks like you had pretty decent seats. Still... these pics kinda support my intuition that it'd be difficult to actually see the game.

#10 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:36 PM

Thanks for posting the pictures from the game. You had some pretty decent seats. If you dont mind me asking, whatd you pay for the seats?

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#11 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

It's funny...as cool as that event looks, everyone seems so damned far away...but if the Devils were ever given a chance to participare in a WC (fat chance), I'd want to go...but I think once would do it for me.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#12 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

Nice pics! I watched the game on TV, made some appetizers for the kids and made an afternoon out of it. One of my daughters asked me why hockey wasn't more popular after watching the game LOL.

But I was mostly hoping that the Flyers would lose rather than the Rags would win. I thought the penalty shot at the end was a good call too; defenseman aren't allowed to fall down in the crease and grab the puck in their hands or it's a penalty shot. Not sure if Torts saw the replay on that one before he made his comments, but that's exactly what McDonagh did. The call right before that on Callahan was just a classic ridiculously bad call though. I wouldn't mind going to one of these games in the future, maybe when they eventually do one at Yankee Stadium.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#13 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

No problem guys, I have some more that I can post later but I'm on my iPad right now.

The view was actually a lot better than it looks like in the picture, couldn't really see the players faces or anything, had to look at the jumbotron to see some plays. But you could see most of the action from the seats.

I payed $550 for 2 tickets.

Unless there is another WC in the NJ/NY area, this is probably a one time thing for me as well. Nothing more they could do to make me want to go again, it's a good experience, but not something to get overworked about not going to.

Also if anyone didn't know, there was a seat cushion giveaway. There was a WC seat cushion on all of the seats with the WC logo on it, pretty cool. There was a Bridgestone coupon and a pack of hockey cards in there.

Edited by NJDEVS1730, 04 January 2012 - 05:00 PM.

#14 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

tortellini got fined 30K for his mouth?

priceless

edit:thanks for the pics

Edited by lazer, 04 January 2012 - 08:29 PM.

Posted Image

#15 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

So apparently a bunch of Flyers fans ganged up on a Rangers fan outside Geno's Steaks and beat the living hell out of him. Turns out he's a cop and veteran of the war in Iraq. It's all over teh yootoobs.

Keep it classy, Philly.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#16 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

So apparently a bunch of Flyers fans ganged up on a Rangers fan outside Geno's Steaks and beat the living hell out of him. Turns out he's a cop and veteran of the war in Iraq. It's all over teh yootoobs.

Keep it classy, Philly.

http://www.broadstre...ic-genos-steaks

vid of it...pretty nasty
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#17 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

Keep it classy, Philly.

Jesus...that is downright awful.

[slight pause]

I mean, why would anybody eat at Geno's when Pat's is so much better?
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#18 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

Jesus...that is downright awful.

[slight pause]

I mean, why would anybody eat at Geno's when Pat's is so much better?

Seriously the best cheesteak ever was at Jefferson Hospital's Cafeteria when my Grandfather was in the hospital. I am not joking.
Otherwise I much prefer Jim's. Pat's I could do without their soup-nazi ordering process. Plus I find the "Speak English" thing ironic when they want you to order in their own made up language.

I was at the Penn State game on that ice last night. Going into it, I was totally expecting not to be able to see a thing, but that wasn't the case at all.

#19 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

Pat's I could do without their soup-nazi ordering process. Plus I find the "Speak English" thing ironic when they want you to order in their own made up language.

I thought Geno's was the place that got in trouble for the "speak english" thing (?). But, yes, Pat's wants you to order correctly with their whiz and their wits and what-nots.

I was at the Penn State game on that ice last night. Going into it, I was totally expecting not to be able to see a thing, but that wasn't the case at all.

I'm glad to hear this. I'm going to the Hershey-Adirondack game tomorrow at Citizens Bank Park, and I was curious about how much I'd actually be able to see from our seats.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#20 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

I thought Geno's was the place that got in trouble for the "speak english" thing (?). But, yes, Pat's wants you to order correctly with their whiz and their wits and what-nots.

It could be both, it stems from the fact that a significat spanish speaking population has moved into the "italian market" area. I have been in the area with some frequency as I have family several blocks away, but honesly I also have not been at either establishment in a couple years.

I'm glad to hear this. I'm going to the Hershey-Adirondack game tomorrow at Citizens Bank Park, and I was curious about how much I'd actually be able to see from our seats.

Basically only the middle tier (club level I guess) was open for this. The view was fine, even if you were closer to home plate. I defintely think though that if you were way downstairs you could have a harder time seeing. There did have tv-sceens stratigically placed on the field to make up for this though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users