Hedberg or Brodeur

Guadana

Hedberg doesnt even exist once the playoffs start unless Marty is historically bad or gets hurt. Its not even worth thinking about.

I personally think Hedberg may get a game if the series' go very long i.e. if the first round goes 7 and then its clear that the next round is going to be a slog as well, we may see Hedberg in a game 4 or 5 sort of situation if we have a series lead, but it really just boils down to how Marty is feeling. I dont see him voluntarily giving up a playoff start at all.

I like your signature. I feel like the number of people out there who are Devils // Seahawks fans is probably small, but I am proud to be one of them. cheers.gif

Toss up at this point...Brodeur will get the start because he's Brodeur, but I would feel slightly more confident with Hedberg in net. He's just quicker.

marty was fine and far from the reason for the loss. that being said, "fine" will not get the devils very far in the playoffs. for the devils to get past the 2nd round and even into the finals, marty needs to be 02-03 playoff marty.

The Devils don't have the defense for Marty to appear like the 02-03 Marty

What's puzzling to me is that I thought the plan would be that Marty would start to take more time off as the playoffs neared. It looks to me like fatigue is already setting in.

Marty just doesn't have the stamina to go a seven game series and our defense isn't good enough to make up for Marty's fatigue issues.

Edited by CarpathianForest

They tied the game in regulation. The OT was tie. The Shoot Out started with Kovy scoring first. You know the results Toronto 3 shots 3 goals vs Devils 3 shots 2 goals. Is it Elias to be blamed for the missing a point for missing a goal? Or is it the goalie you called "fine" and ""FAR" from the reason for the loss". Sorry no one else was in goal with the job of stopping the puck? Two scores on the glove side and one down low. Sorry I don't call that "fine" It was his plate, his food.

Except if it was anyone but Marty, or he had stopped all the shootout attempts, we wouldnt have heard a peep from you. You have a very nice habit of disapearing when Marty does well.

• Like 2

What's puzzling to me is that I thought the plan would be that Marty would start to take more time off as the playoffs neared. It looks to me like fatigue is already setting in.

Marty just doesn't have the stamina to go a seven game series and our defense isn't good enough to make up for Marty's fatigue issues.

Fair. I'd like to see DeBo rest him enough to get his strength up, but not enough to fvck with his timing. It's gonna be a tough balancing act.

I like your signature. I feel like the number of people out there who are Devils // Seahawks fans is probably small, but I am proud to be one of them. cheers.gif

Myself, you, and gdhi make for a small faction on this board. I'm pretty sure Don is also a Seahawks fan if I'm not mistaken. Thrilled we got Matt Flynn; Packers backups tend to do well as starters once they get there.

• Like 1

Myself, you, and gdhi make for a small faction on this board. I'm pretty sure Don is also a Seahawks fan if I'm not mistaken. Thrilled we got Matt Flynn; Packers backups tend to do well as starters once they get there.

Flynnsanity! I have reason for a lot of optimism though it is cautious. Like you said though, last time we got a Packers backup named Matt... Great things happened. Hass is still my favorite football player of all time.

So when you're career back up falters, your legendary starter has no rythym. Marty is getting these starts for a reason.

And that reason is ????.... Because he's the best...I've loved the guy for years,but he's not the best anymore...so the legendary stuff go's out the window....play who's playing better at the time...not the fan favorite....you win sh!t with that.

And that reason is ????.... Because he's the best...I've loved the guy for years,but he's not the best anymore...so the legendary stuff go's out the window....play who's playing better at the time...not the fan favorite....you win sh!t with that.

The reason is to get him into a rythym. I just said that. If you put in a career backup who has NEVER been a starter into the playoffs and you fail, you bring in a cold Brodeur half way through a series.

The reason is to get him into a rythym. I just said that. If you put in a career backup who has NEVER been a starter into the playoffs and you fail, you bring in a cold Brodeur half way through a series.

He started Games 3 and 4 in the Thrashers/Rangers series in 2007. Does that count?

Well I think Moose is pretty damn good....you talk like he couldn't win in the playoffs...I believe he could..

And you could have done without the....I just said that...Read your post without....much better don't you think.

Well I think Moose is pretty damn good....you talk like he couldn't win in the playoffs...I believe he could..

And you could have done without the....I just said that...Read your post without....much better don't you think.

Yeah, you are right on that last thing. My bad there.

As for moose, I also think hes pretty damn good. I just think he's very unproven in the playoffs. I think a much bigger problem heading into the playoffs is the inconsistent defense and sudden file sputtering offense.

Guys, don't any of you remember 2000-01? Hedberg was the goalie who took the Penguins to the Conference Finals against the Devils...Devils won that series 4-1. He played in 18 playoff games that season. But he's only appeared in four playoff games since: 2 with Vancouver, and 2 with Atlanta.

I cant remember when Marty ever gave up 3 goals in a row, in a shoot out. Un Marty like.

toronto took advantyage of a 1st for marty

Fact is Marty's won 4 out of his last 14 games. He absolutely needs to pick up his play, if we're to sustain any type of long run into the playoffs.

fixed

Guys, don't any of you remember 2000-01? Hedberg was the goalie who took the Penguins to the Conference Finals against the Devils...Devils won that series 4-1. He played in 18 playoff games that season.

excellent point cr. completely forgot about that

yeah because marty lost them that game. zubie fvck off

Stop bro. Stop making it seem like it's 1 isolated game, as opposed to a mediocre season sandwiched around an 8 game surge after the All-Star break. Brodeur loses Tuesday he'll have as many losses on the year as wins. (26)

..this thread is completely fair by Guadana, and a very good argument to debate heading into the post-season. I don't find anything wrong with Devil fans having more confidence in Hedberg, based on the body of work he's displayed here over the past 2 seasons. (despite not being HOF bound)

EDIT: Didn't mean any disrespect Beetle.. I'm just tired of hearing Marty getting glorified throughout this season, putting up pedestrian type numbers. Playing .500 hockey for the year, with a GAA that's 2½ doesn't justify post-season play at the age of 40. (even if you're a legend)

Edited by Beezer34
  • Like 1