All trade deadline talks & rumours

SterioDesign

The Devils felt that they didn't want anyone playing who wasn't in training camp.  So far the only player to play for the Devils who wasn't invited to an NHL training camp is Matt Anderson (and maybe Loktionov).  Missing out on a 2nd round pick isn't the end of the world - 2nd round picks stink.  If they can get a 2014 3rd for Tallinder that'll be fine.

a 2nd pick could be another Elias, clarkson, Henrique, Dagostini, Loktionov... (well actually name all our roster except Kovy, Bernier, Brodeur, Zubrus, Volchenkov and Larsson..) in the future...

an old, slow and useless Volchenkov or Salvador will only become an older, slower and uselesser Volchenkov and Salvador.

a 2nd pick could be another Elias, clarkson, Henrique, Dagostini, Loktionov... (well actually name all our roster except Kovy, Bernier, Brodeur, Zubrus, Volchenkov and Larsson..) in the future...

an old, slow and useless Volchenkov or Salvador will only become an older, slower and uselesser Volchenkov and Salvador.

This is a false equivalency for a lot of reasons, but the biggest one is that no one is paying a 2nd round pick for Salvador or Volchenkov.

If Clowe is worth that, Clarkson is worth a 1 + 

Like I said in another thread, I wouldn't have minded if we were in a selling position this year considering we are gonna lose our first. Clarkson is probably worth at least a first, tallinder/Zids could garner at least a second and Zubrus could be a valuable asset. 

No one is taking Volch, period, unless they're desperate for floor bait, and who needs that right now?    You'd probably have to sweeten the pot to get rid of him.   They're either going to have to cut him a check or live with him.

Detroit needs another D Man. I'm sure they could be convinced to take Volchenkov.

Detroit needs another D Man. I'm sure they could be convinced to take Volchenkov.

It would put them over $50M for next year if they didn't take anything back, and that'd be without a goalie, since Howard is a UFA.

We'd have to take some garbage back, which kind of defeats the purpose unless JVB was looking to save cash money.

i just wish that Lou somehow and eventually can get us an impact player.

not just a typical cheap "devil kind of player" who will fit in the system and could from time to time produce when the stars are aligned. Seems like we have a bunch of those already lol

not just a typical cheap "devil kind of player" who will fit in the system and could from time to time produce when the stars are aligned. Seems like we have a bunch of those already lol

He already did.  Loktionov is 22 and playing at a really high level.

Agreed ! Aside from Kovy, no player on this team is going scare anyone..... seriously..... :dizzy: