2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Jets still have Edwards and Cotchery, plus LaDamien can catch passes out of the backfield as well. Its just a matter of Sanchez being able to throw the ball to them. I do agree that this will be a ground and pound game, but still think the Jets can come on top in this one by a low score.

Mike

I kinda doubt it.

But I'll bet that this will be a game that only a Ravens or Jets fan will love ... maybe not even them. A punt fest with a 6-5 halftime score.

This isn't going to be a ground and pound match. We are throwing on the Jets and we are going after Revis in particular. If we score under 15 points by half-time, I will be surprised. LT is no threat and I don't see Sanchez having time to go down field. Mr. Sanchez meet T-Sizzle Suggs and Mr. Ngata.

This isn't going to be a ground and pound match. We are throwing on the Jets and we are going after Revis in particular. If we score under 15 points by half-time, I will be surprised. LT is no threat and I don't see Sanchez having time to go down field. Mr. Sanchez meet T-Sizzle Suggs and Mr. Ngata.

I never said it was going to be ground and pound. I said lots of punts. You don't need to run for two yards every play to be ineffective. Incomplete passes work, too.

We'll see if the Ravens can throw on the Jets, never mind pick on Revis. That actually sounds like a crazy strategy to me. You're assuming he's not going to be ready to play. That might not be the case.

That Ngata is an absolute beast.

I never said it was going to be ground and pound. I said lots of punts. You don't need to run for two yards every play to be ineffective. Incomplete passes work, too.

We'll see if the Ravens can throw on the Jets, never mind pick on Revis. That actually sounds like a crazy strategy to me. You're assuming he's not going to be ready to play. That might not be the case.

That Ngata is an absolute beast.

I guess I am just over eager for the season to start. I am assuming/hoping his timing and conditioning will not be in game shape for week 1 and that we can exploit that.

Ngata IS a beast and probably the most underrated lineman in the game.

Ray Rice, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason and Todd Heap..

..thats a scary offensive threat.

If we can make it out of these next 4 games alive, with at least a .500 record.. our offense isn't going to look to shabby either.

Shonn Greene.. Dustin Keller.. Santonio Holmes.. Braylon Edwards.. Jericho Cotchery.. Laveranues Coles.. & LT.

..in conjunction with our o'line, and the depth at FB that we have.. I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect our boys to put up at least 17-20 points per game.

If we can make it out of these next 4 games alive, with at least a .500 record.. our offense isn't going to look to shabby either.

Shonn Greene.. Dustin Keller.. Santonio Holmes.. Braylon Edwards.. Jericho Cotchery.. Laveranues Coles.. & LT.

..in conjunction with our o'line, and the depth at FB that we have.. I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect our boys to put up at least 17-20 points per game.

If they can't muster 17 points a game, Sanchez should be hung from the field goal posts at the Jets' new practice facility in Florham Park....

If they can't muster 17 points a game, Sanchez should be hung from the field goal posts at the Jets' new practice facility in Florham Park..

..to a Jets fan, I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat. We haven't had a season averaging 20 points-per-game, since the days of Vinny Testaverde.. Curtis Martin.. Keyshawn Johnson.. & Wayne Chrebet. :P

I was a huge Vinny fan and still am.

Mike

The Jets D came to play at least, I hope Jenkins can come back, but I am not optimistic.

I don't know if it's that Schottenheimer doesn't trust Sanchez, or just that he sucks but that Offense is not going to get it done. I am leaning towards Sanchez just not being very good. LT looks better than expected, at least. I still want to see Greene get most of the carries even if he fumbled though. Regardless the O needs to get better.

It's a long season, and the Jets just played a team some figure as a Super Bowl Contender to a one point loss. There's some good to take away from the game.

24 hours after the tailgating.. after the rain.. after greenday.. and after all the heartbreak last nights game fed the Gang Green faithful.. I send one message to my fellow Jet fans: *We will be fine!

After a week hearing about *all-the-weapons* the Ravens have.. "Heap, Boldin, Rice, Flacco, Houshmandzadeh, McGahee, " :blahblah: ..this star-studded cast of ProBowlers.. managed to score.... one..... single.....touchdown! Thus.. their 1 touchdown was, ultimately, enough to beat the Jets offense. (which really isn't saying much)

..and as much as that sums up what an utter disgrace the Jets offense is.. it's also a testament to our defense. A defense without 3 of our starters I might add. (Pace, Jenkins, & Pool)

Not-withstanding.. when you give your opponent over 100 yards in field position, off 14 penalties.. you make it extremely difficult to mount any kind of momentum.

I maintain however, in the end, this is the first game of the season. Pump your brakes.. take a deep breath, and relax. Take a step back, and look at the overall picture. We lost to a Superbowl caliber team by 1 point people! Excuse me, if I don't echo the doom-&-gloom outlook that some others may share.

Someone once said; "It's not how you start, it's how you finish." Let me translate beyond that --> WEEK 1 MEANS NOTHING!! Yes.... the Jets are 0-1. As are the Vikings... the Cowboys... the Colts... Atlanta.. Philly.. SD.. Cincinnati.. etc. Call me crazy, but I believe, these teams will be just fine come November. :thumbsup:

---------------------------------

EDIT: I'm not sour grapes. Congratulations to Baltimore. Their defense is awesome.. Flacco is unquestionably the real-deal.. and yes, they may very well be the best team in the Conference...

...but let's not fool ourselves here folks.... 10-9?? This game could've went either way.

I am leaning towards Sanchez just not being very good.

He's 23 years old bro.. give him a break\some time. Yesterday was his 19th career game, against quite possibly the best defense in the league. You remember what Giant fans were saying about their beloved quarterback after he was taken to the woodshed? It took Eli 4 years to develop. Can we give Sanchez at least half that?

Edited by Beezer34
  • Like 1

Maybe he'll be good 3 years from now. Unfortunately the Jets as constructed are a super bowl caliber team today with one MAJOR hole at QB. Investing for the future means sacrificing today, and if Sanchez keeps this up, his terrible play is going to the story of the season.

He needs to improve quickly, or fans and players are going to turn on him.