BRING ON THE SENATORS

HellOnICE

No not crazy at all Hell. You look at the last three games the Devils played vs. Ottawa. The Devils clearly played them very well and Emery is a good goalie but he can be shaken very easily. yes Ottawa have the goal scorers too but the key is getting to Emery and the Devils have done that the last three meetings vs. Ottawa. This team can be beaten Hell and Pittsburgh had no shot with the youngsters and Fleury in nets with NO playoff experience. If Ottawa played some other team with playoff experience they would have lost in round 1. Ottawa just does not do well in the playoffs and past years it has shown. Emery can be beaten and he will by the Devils EGG line and the Parise line. I really think Emery will be more exposed than TB's Holmqvist.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key about this series is 60 minutes. I thought we were somewhat inconsistent with TB, especially the EGG line and sometimes the checking line. Our defense was also sub-par. This is a tough matchup and either team can win. That being said, I think the team that brings their A-Game 60 minutes every night, will win.

Another unproven goaltender in Ray Emery who can be beaten by the EGG line and the Parise line. Madden/Pandolfo line on Heatley, Alfredsson and Spezza.

Devils won the season series 3-1 over the Senators. The Lightning series I think was a tough series. This one with Ottawa and Emery it won't be as tough.

Satans, I think you a bit crazy on dat one.

Ottawa can score, and actually play defense, and Emery has been good so far. They just shutdown Pittsburgh who had a better offense than we sure have. This series will be extremely tought. I hope they will win, and I hope I am wrong, but this Ottawa team maybe the ceiling.

I have faith that if we play Devils hockey, and Marty is Marty, and Egg shows up and Parise continues...that this will be close.

Edited by sensfan101

It's nice to see some Devs fans post some common sense. I have watched the Sens playoff failures for 9 years. The 2003 Playoff loss to the Devils, especially hard to take. This is the 10th straight year in the playoffs for the Sens, and i can say only one thing. I have never seen a more focused Sens team, then years team. This is not the same team you beat in 7 games in 2003. This is the same team that beat the Devils back in October 8-1. That loss was the worst loss for the Devils in 13 years. The other 3 games were all close...3-2, 3-2 and 2-1 SO. I think the heat is getting the Satan. ;)

You know.. there are SENATORS fan boards, right?

Regardless, you won't sweep us. It seems that you're holding that 8-1 game back in October over your head as a trophy, and trying to use it as a logical explanation of why the Senators will win. I have 3 logical reasons why you WON'T win, however:

1. That was the last game you've won against us.

2. The EGG and Parise line have begun to click in the last 3 games.

3. Martin Brodeur.

I think we will beat them in 5.

We are pumped!

I dont know that Ive convinced myself of this prediciton.. Im thinking more like 7, but 5 works out better for me stres wise!

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

2. The EGG??? What is this egg you speak of? Do you mean that the Devils will lay an egg?

I have not yet been able to calibrate my sarcasm meter to your style yet, so I know not how serious or facetious this is, but:

EGG = the line of Elias-Gomez-Gionta.

Cam Ward wasn't exactly Hasek in goal; he played quite well, but it took a total team effort from Carolina to win the Cup.

Roloson had some guy named Pronger rallying the defense in front of him. Do the Senators have one of these "Prongers" as well?

I'll say this -- Emery will give the Devils more trouble than Holmqvist.

<JESTER>

Devils in 2 if Gerber is in nets.

fixed it for ya, bro. ;)

Jester- You mentioned a total team effort. That is exactly what I saw out of the Sens in round one from Alfie on down. I'm not saying the Sens will win the Cup (they still have to get past your boys, which is way easier said than done) but it is not just Emery that will give the Devs a harder time in the offensive zone than they faced in the last series. Even with the ASH line out on the ice, there will be six guys playing defense.

As for Emery, he's obviously no Marty and he can look gangly at times, but he makes the saves he's asked to make consistently and thoroughly. No doubt the hatchlings and Parise will test him, but their success will depend more on getting to rebounds than on getting chances and even Meszaros clears rebounds more often than not.

As for the Sens offense, Marty gave a few gifts to the Lightning, I don't expect him to give away much more. The Sens can play either style (trap or free for all) effectively, so simply playing shut down is not going to win the Devils four of seven here, they will have to open up at some point if they don't want to leave it up to mere bounces. Doing so will leave them exposed, though and the Sens can score with any line (see Chris Kelly with 3 goals) so they will have to pick their spots just right. In any event, the Sens will get plenty of odd man rushes if the Devils do press, and if Dany Heatley finds his scoring touch this series, look out.