349 replies to this topic

#281 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

who cares about torts - guy has a screw loose.

Huge win there, down a goal late in the 2nd, come back to win in regulation - it's nice. I thought NJ was the better team in the third, didn't get a final chances count from anyone counting, but NJ definitely had way, way more zone time than the Rangers in the game overall. It's going to be difficult for the Rangers to play this way for this series - they'll have to get Brodeur to falter, 'cause otherwise, it's going to be a grinding series for their defensemen. McDonagh is really holding up, but Staal has looked pretty bad, as has Girardi.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#282 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

Honestly, Torts presser was his most tame yet after a loss.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#283 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

McDonagh is ridiculous, for something you get for getting rid of Scott Gomez. But throwing yourself at pucks is a dangerous, dangerous game. One day you do it, and you can't get your foot back in a skate.

#284 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

McDonagh has been good, but I noticed at least twice tonight he was hobbled by shots and limped to the bench...he may be nearing his breaking point as well
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#285 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

chris lee is the worst ref in the history of the NHL and he should be ashamed to step onto that ice

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#286 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

Reffing bad. Ice bad. Penalty box door bad. Devils good. Game 2 is ours.

Coming back from a late 2nd deficit and scoring those even strength goals has to do wonders for our confidence. We really outworked them tonight, and had long stretches of domination just like against Philly. If we play three more games like that one, and hopefully don't get as many BS penalties thrown our way, we will win this series.

Also good to see that we looked more confident in beating their defensive system. Their shot blocking wasn't nearly as much of a factor tonight and we were very good at getting pucks through the first blocker and onto our own sticks for deflections. That's how you beat the 6 goalie scheme. Takes talent, but we got plenty of that.

#287 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

First two periods of game 1 and the entirety of tonight we have outplayed this Rangers team. Marty is the key, as usual. Id so love to see him lift that cup one more time.

#288 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:44 AM

Just watched the game and...hellz yeah.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#289 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

Does anyone have the ratio of Devils to Rags PPs the past two games?

Rangers 1 for 4 and 1 for 4

Devils 0 for 4 and 1 for 3
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#290 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

The Devils have been the better team in 4 out of the 6 periods in this series, so far. Keep on winning periods and we'll win the series.

this.

#291 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:59 AM

like the FLA games, we're dominating at 5-on-5. stay out of the box as much as possible, and this series can be ours.

#292 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

Great game, and I'm happy to get my gdt win as well.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#293 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

I want to see Marty lift the Stanley Cup one more time before he joins Patrick Roy in the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Cmon boys, you can do it!!!

#294 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:08 AM

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#295 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

A non-fight-picking Clarkson is money.
It's the whiskey talking.

#296 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

Reffing bad. Ice bad. Penalty box door bad. Devils good. Game 2 is ours.

The reffing? gonna happen a lot. the new NHL: where the refs aren't accountable for making bad calls. The ice? someone needs to have a talk with the MSG ice crew. that ice was a disgrace, would have expected it in Phoenix where it was 120 degrees outside. Penalty box door? lol it's one of the new MSG renovations. :giggle: MSG will never be a Rock-class facility. The only big deal I've seen from TV is that they put that glass hallway in where the players come out, like Cowboys Stadium. Eh, big deal Game 2: DEVILS DOMINATION! :cheers:

Torts: "keep it in the room" is not an answer!

Edited by Legion15, 17 May 2012 - 07:46 AM.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#297 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

Of all the playoff games we've played so far, I felt like last night was among the games that gave me the least to complain about reffing-wise. Though I do wish I got to see a replay of the Ponikarovsky penalty.

So far the trend seems to be losing teams having great second periods but subpar first and third periods. Very up-and-down series so far. Was VERY encouraged to see the Devils find their stride right off the bat.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#298 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

Rangers 1 for 4 and 1 for 4

Devils 0 for 4 and 1 for 3

last night the rangers were 2 for 4.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#299 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,784 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

Of all the playoff games we've played so far, I felt like last night was among the games that gave me the least to complain about reffing-wise. Though I do wish I got to see a replay of the Ponikarovsky penalty.

So far the trend seems to be losing teams having great second periods but subpar first and third periods. Very up-and-down series so far. Was VERY encouraged to see the Devils find their stride right off the bat.

The call on Ponikarovsky was a joke. I had a Kovalchuk penalty box reaction when they showed the replay lol.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#300 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

Posted Image

Um that's ZACH PARISE, not Henrique...NHL NETWORK FAIL

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time