Av's Varlamov arrested

jim777

Tough to leave the girl if you can't get her out of your house.

it was a joke to try to lighten the mood after some serious off topic discussion.

If he wanted her to leave and she refused, there is a simple solution that does not involve violence.

Edited by dmann422

Looks like those of you who think you're in a silent, enlightened minority aren't really, are you?

For all that think saying "I'm not saying it's OK to ____, but ..." justifies your writing such hateful things, we all understand that "but" means actually, that's exactly what you are saying, and exactly what you mean.

I'm sure your mother and sisters are proud to know you and proud to have helped shape your views on women.

This thread is a low point in njdevs.com history.

Looks like those of you who think you're in a silent, enlightened minority aren't really, are you?

For all that think saying "I'm not saying it's OK to ____, but ..." justifies your writing such hateful things, we all understand that "but" means actually, that's exactly what you are saying, and exactly what you mean.

I'm sure your mother and sisters are proud to know you and proud to have helped shape your views on women.

This thread is a low point in njdevs.com history.

If this is directed at me, you couldn't be more wrong about anything I posted.  I am not a hateful person at all and I am married with a 5-year-old daughter.  I would never lay a hand on either of them.   

Yes, there are men who are absolute scum, who strike their wives or girlfriends without mercy or warning, for anything and everything.  Those people are as rotten as it gets.  There is no justifying such behavior, EVER.  There are also WOMEN who think they can slap men whenever they're feeling emotional or angry.  That is also wrong. 

But part of what I was going for was that there's a big difference between a guy like I just described, and the guy who, one day, ONCE, in the heat of the moment, during a massive argument where perhaps the woman strikes him FIRST, and possibly MULTIPLE times, if he does nothing more in the act of self-defense than push her away or likely strike her, but yet it leaves a mark, this guy who has NEVER once committed an act of violence towards women in his life is now branded a woman-beater.  And I think this is a bit unfair, especially since these incidents all have a way of being lumped together, when it comes to males.          

• 1 month later...

it IS amazing how when stories like this (or the Johnathan Martin one as another example) get proven to be untrue....or skewed to show that the "victim" wasn't the innocent one how the story just disappears....no apology to the people affected and still labeled with what happened....no damnation of the accuser for blowing things out of proportion or flat out lying.....no consequences at all.....