Devils Fans' Kovy Support Rally

Neb00rs

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be better to have a rally at NHL HQ as opposed to The Rock. Here's my reasoning:

- You're looking for exposure. Nothing says exposure like a protest in NYC. Granted, with that kind of exposure also comes the attention of local law enforcement but, as far as I know, any peaceful rally should be covered by the constitution, no? It's not like we're inflating a giant rat or anything (although that would be hilarious)!

- Even just a hundred or so fans would look impressive on a city street. The same number of fans at The Rock might look small and not draw the same amount of attention.

- It would give the big networks (ABC, NBC, etc.) better access to cover it. I understand News 12 is our local news station but let's face it, the only time I tune in is to find something on a story that's too blah for the major networks to report. Anything to make it easier for the media to cover it, the better...

I think it would be better to have a rally at NHL HQ as opposed to The Rock. Here's my reasoning:

- You're looking for exposure. Nothing says exposure like a protest in NYC. Granted, with that kind of exposure also comes the attention of local law enforcement but, as far as I know, any peaceful rally should be covered by the constitution, no? It's not like we're inflating a giant rat or anything (although that would be hilarious)!

- Even just a hundred or so fans would look impressive on a city street. The same number of fans at The Rock might look small and not draw the same amount of attention.

- It would give the big networks (ABC, NBC, etc.) better access to cover it. I understand News 12 is our local news station but let's face it, the only time I tune in is to find something on a story that's too blah for the major networks to report. Anything to make it easier for the media to cover it, the better...

Agreed with the above. Also, who protests something outside the window of the organization they're supporting? The whole point of a protest is to make sure the people who you're against can see you.

Guys if you want to do this we need to set a place and time and know how many people are going to show up. So in your next posts say when and where you want to do it and IF you'll come. I'll then make a list of attendees in the OP. Hopefully Msweet can help out.

I am free pretty much any day until about 1 or so next week, but Tuesday I'm free all day, and Friday I can probably hang around later too.

I can see us being asked to leave by the cops before we really draw much attention, and since I doubt any of us are willing to risk arrest for this thing, I don't know how successful this will be, but it it happens I'll be there nonetheless.

Edited by devilsfan26

I can do 3 tomorrow. Weekend I can probably do. Pick a place.

Just throw a burning bag of sh!t on bettman's doorstep and ring the doorbell. When he comes outside to stomp on it kick him in the nuts.

Old man Bettman hates sh!t.

He called the sh!t poop.

I'm in my office in NYC on Monday, Thursday and Friday next week. I can get out for an hour or so in the noon to maybe 3PM slot on any of those days. I could likely do the same tomorrow.

This is never going to happen. If a couple of people show up it will really be stupid.

As an alternative, perhaps some of our more gifted members can write a petition and have us all sign it...or perhaps a form letter that we can send to the NHL and just bombard them with it. Or do the old fax overload etc.

Any takers? B )B )

Edited by mackchi

This is never going to happen. If a couple of people show up it will really be stupid.

As an alternative, perhaps some of our more gifted members can write a petition and have us all sign it...or perhaps a form letter that we can send to the NHL and just bombard them with it. Or do the old fax overload etc.

Any takers? B )B )

not a bad idea.

I figured this rally would never get off the ground, these things never usually do. This kind of stuff does not deeply impact our daily personal lives, so a lot of people file this under "will get to it if I have time" part of their brain. Just human nature not place great emphasis and time on a rally for a person who will be making millions of dollars regardless of what happens.

Any takers? B )B )

These rallies never fail and are not stupid....haha

ept_sports_nhl_experts-571422563-1277049846.jpg?ym2_8UDD5Bkocytr

i am still down either way. petition, the rock, or NYC. i was laid off so i got free time haha

well we can pick a day & time and overload there phone system with calls, emails, faxes, facebook page, and if anyone is in the city could walk in and just ask to see Mr. Dickmen I mean Bettmen. That way we can throw there office into a frenzy.

I say sometime Tuesday since that is the NHLPA deadline

:burn:

one of you should paint yourself red with #17 fuk-bettman on the front and back...

streak naked across the field at yankee stadium...perhaps in a BORAT thong so the footage makes the national news channels.

i'm sure we could create a paypal link to donate to the $250 fine or whatever it would take to get you out of trouble.

one of you should paint yourself red with #17 fuk-bettman on the front and back...

streak naked across the field at yankee stadium...perhaps in a BORAT thong so the footage makes the national news channels.

i'm sure we could create a paypal link to donate to the $250 fine or whatever it would take to get you out of trouble.

would that include the hospital bill too after one gets beat up and tased?