GDT 1/1/11 - New Jersey Devils at Carolina Hurricanes 7pm

ghdi

Marty shouldn't have eaten at Fuddruckers today. Look at him weezing and puffing out there.

Speaking of draft picks, I think we should go with Couturier over Larsson. Larsson looked overpowered by Team Canada yesterday, plus he would take at least 2 years to see any playing time in the NHL. Couts could see action as soon as next season.

I disagree. Brodeur was one of the best at controlling his rebounds in his prime. In fact this was one of the biggest differences between having Brodeur in net and a backup.

I disagree. Brodeur left a fair share of rebounds in his prime as well. He relied on the D to clear it out or corral them when he did and he had many quality D to do that. Much like a Quarterback who throws to a specific "spot" on the field and expects the reciever to be there to catch it.

When he was in control of rebounds, they went into the corner (or off to the left or right of the goal).

When Brodeur is "on" he doesn't flop, flail, dive, kick/deflect rebounds out or back in the net towards shooters.

IMO, Brodeur's struggles are just as much due to what's in front of him as his own doing.

I don't think i've seen a Devils goal since the time they played LA early in the year. The games are so non compelling and I only have them here on the computer and i just get distracted, whether by the TV or some article or music or whatever. I just have it on in the background and check on the score. I don't know what's happened to me I used to love it so much.