GDT 1/1/11 - New Jersey Devils at Carolina Hurricanes 7pm

ghdi

I don't think i've seen a Devils goal since the time they played LA early in the year. The games are so non compelling and I only have them here on the computer and i just get distracted, whether by the TV or some article or music or whatever. I just have it on in the background and check on the score. I don't know what's happened to me I used to love it so much.

Because they're terrible to watch game in and game out.

I'm the same way. I have the TV on in my office, but i'll either walk in or do my work and casually change channel and check it maybe watch a few mins if it's even a game. I have that feeling many others do. You know what's going to happen by repetition, such as they get down a goal they're not coming back.

It's embarassing. It really is. Losing doesn't bother me, that is sports and to accept winning you have to accept losing. However, this kind of losing makes you angry, embarassed, kills your interest and makes you hope they embarass themselves so badly that there's no choice but to clear the roster out. That's the only way they are going to get back to even a competitive level again because this group, collectively, is unable.

Edited by SJP20
  • Like 1

Who's still watching this instead of the winter classic??

I love this team too much to not watch, even though I know what I am watching is pure garbage and I could be enjoying the nice spectacle that is the Winter Classic. Sticking it out through the rough times will make me enjoy the good times that much more when they come again.

I love this team too much to not watch, even though I know what I am watching is pure garbage and I could be enjoying the nice spectacle that is the Winter Classic. Sticking it out through the rough times will make me enjoy the good times that much more when they come again.

this.

Brodeur was terrible again. Devils lose. Ho hum.

Looks like Lemaire has picked a new Swedish whipping boy. Hopefully Teds listens to Lemaire and lets himself be coached, but he's making a lot of youthful mistakes so I can't blame the reduction in ice time. Although not having him out there reduces some of the speed up front.

Well apparently Lemaire admitted benching Tedenby was a mistake, because he thought the kid took a bad penalty and looking at the tape later it shouldn't have been a penalty. So maybe there's hope from that aspect :P

Of course now Marty's ticked HE got benched...sorry Marty, love you and all but it's hard to say you deserve the benefit of the doubt with an .870 save percentage or whatever it is now.

Edited by NJDevs4978

marty only gave up 3 goals so since we scored 3, he got off the hook for giving up his share.

apparently its not like baseball where the guy who originally messed it up for the team doesnt get the burden of the L

It's because the game winning goal was scored on Hedberg.

Edited by Amberite

So much for 2011 being the start of better things...at least these guys are curteous and considerate enough to remind us all that it's still going to be rough for a while...no winning streaks to delude us all. 3 goals in back-to-back games is at least SOMETHING.

Might as well start splitting time between Brodeur and Hedberg at this point. Why not? So tough to see Marty going through this...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Well, we are at .500 for 2011.

How's that? They lost the one and only game they've played in 2011.