Prospective Trade - Devils and Jets

William D'Aquila

Devils Receive - Blake Wheeler and Michael Frolik

Jets Receive - Eric Gelinas, Brunner, Matteau, and this years draft pick following the selection 

Wheeler Zajac Jagr

Henrique Elias Boucher

Ruutu Josefson Frolik

Clowe Zubrus Carter

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/shake-up-the-winnipeg-jets?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Not sure why anyone would want Brunner.  Wheeler has also been putting pucks in the net at 30-per-82 GP pace the past couple of seasons, and looks like he's hitting his prime years now.  Not sure why the Jets would want a young defenseman who does have offensive upside but also needs serious work in his own end, a third-year 28-year forward prone to invisibility streaks so long that he gets healthy scratches, and a minor-leaguer who doesn't project to be anything special.  If there's a gem available at that #30 spot, I think I'd rather the Devils hang on to him anyway. 

Seems like the best player and surest thing being moved in this deal is Wheeler.  I just can't see why the Jets would be willing to take back three or four "ifs" for him.   

the issue is the big piece there is gelinas and the jets are pretty set up on defense.

the other players you've got there don't do anything for winnepeg at all either. they're gonna want adam henrique. i would argue that he is the most valuable player (in terms of what other teams would want) that the devils have to trade (besides zajac but he's not going anywhere).

Disregarding the specifics, do we really want ANOTHER Devils and Jets/Thashers trade? The last one was a major PITA. ;)

Edited by AEWHistory

Not sure why anyone would want Brunner.  Wheeler has also been putting pucks in the net at 30-per-82 GP pace the past couple of seasons, and looks like he's hitting his prime years now.  Not sure why the Jets would want a young defenseman who does have offensive upside but also needs serious work in his own end, a third-year 28-year forward prone to invisibility streaks so long that he gets healthy scratches, and a minor-leaguer who doesn't project to be anything special.  If there's a gem available at that #30 spot, I think I'd rather the Devils hang on to him anyway. 

Seems like the best player and surest thing being moved in this deal is Wheeler.  I just can't see why the Jets would be willing to take back three or four "ifs" for him.   

Since when can they trade their 1st? Not only here that I've heard that proposal.

Since when can they trade their 1st? Not only here that I've heard that proposal.

I know they can't trade the pick, but after they select a player with it, why couldn't they move that player then?   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I know they can't trade the pick, but after they select a player with it, why couldn't they move that player then?   

Ha, how awesome would it be if Lou moves us up in the draft by trading the "immovable" pick in a quid pro quo.

Edited by squishyx

I mean, they could, but this is not something that's done ever.  I don't really like the idea of it, either.

Not saying that I want them to...just stating that they could if they wanted to...basically that they're no longer bound to the pick once a selection is made.