Photo

Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!)

• Please log in to reply
1718 replies to this topic

Poll: Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!) (130 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we see hockey?

1. Oct 12 (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Nov 12 (19 votes [14.62%])

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

3. Dec 12 (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Jan 13 (33 votes [25.38%])

Percentage of vote: 25.38%

5. Feb 13 (1 votes [0.77%])

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

6. Mar 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Apr 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Oct 13 (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

9. Never (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1001 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,051 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Whoa, Fehr and players butting in on bettmans Presser.

What did they do? I'm only half listening to the firm of Bettman and Daly on the radio. I know some pictures have gone up of sullen-looking players in the back. I hope a coup happens now. As much as I don't like Bettman, if I could only get rid of one Fehr's an even bigger weasel.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1002 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Hahaha, people actually believe the league is taking everything off the table? Sure they are. Remember how everything came off the table last time? Good lord.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1003 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

I dont care what side you are on, you have to admit this is an epic Bettman promo.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1004 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,051 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

lol Bettman pooh-pooing a 'magic date'. Funny how it took him this long to say October 11 was his magic date.

Just do everyone a favor and please announce a season drop-dead date so I know when to pay attention again to this s**tshow.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 December 2012 - 08:18 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#1005 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

So 48 games is Bettmans bare minimum. Some have floated Jan 11 as latest possible start date. Everyone agree on that? That means figuring in two weeks of ramp up time the drop dead for negotiation agreement is what Dec 31st?

#1006 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,051 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

I dont care what side you are on, you have to admit this is an epic Bettman promo.

This was Kruschev slamming his shoe on the table :lol:

So 48 games is Bettmans bare minimum. Some have floated Jan 11 as latest possible start date. Everyone agree on that? That means figuring in two weeks of ramp up time the drop dead for negotiation agreement is what Dec 31st?

We had 48 in '95 and that started on Jan. 20 I think with an agreement on Jan. 11?

#1007 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Yea you are right, that would make at most a month more of this nonsense.

#1008 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,051 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Good, I don't have to pay attention till after New Year's (when they should have been playing the Winter Classic), they can all **** each other till then.

#1009 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

The four owners who were in the talks are going to release statements. As Gulitti said... interesting.

#1010 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,051 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

That'll really be damning when moderates like Tannenbaum and Burkle go off on the players. The players are either going to come crawling to Bettman soon or start nuclear war.

#1011 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

That'll really be damning when moderates like Tannenbaum and Burkle go off on the players. The players are either going to come crawling to Bettman soon or start nuclear war.

Yes, the 'moderates'. That'll really show em. Fehr should disclaim tomorrow. The NHLPA will end up with a better offer than they got tonight if that happens.

#1012 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,051 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Larry Tanenbaum, Chairman of the Board, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment

"I was pleased to be asked to join the Player/Owner negotiation sessions. I had hoped that my perspective both as a businessman and as one of the owners of the Toronto Maple Leafs would be helpful to the process. Like all other teams, this work stoppage has hurt our fans, our employees and our business. Neither the owners nor the players will ever recover the losses incurred with this work stoppage.

I understand how important it is to have a strong league and 30 healthy teams. I must admit that I was shocked at how things have played out over the last 48 hours. The sessions on Tuesday felt cooperative with an air of goodwill. I was optimistic and conveyed my optimism to the Board of Governors at our Wednesday meeting. However, when we reconvened with the players on Wednesday afternoon, it was like someone had thrown a switch. The atmosphere had completely changed. Nevertheless, the owners tried to push forward and made a number of concessions and proposals, which were not well-received. I question whether the union is interested in making an agreement.

I am very disappointed and disillusioned. Had I not experienced this process myself, I might not have believed it. Like all hockey fans, I am hopeful this situation can be resolved as soon as possible. I miss our game."

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 December 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#1013 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Fact is that they are now closer than they had ever been. Expect deal within the next week or two.

#1014 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

owners telling players that fehr staying at the head is "potential dal breaker". the NHL had no idea what it was getting when fehr took the case.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#1015 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

So basically Fehr overstated how close they were, Bettman got very angry about it. I wonder how much of these press conferences are for the general public and how much are to reach NHL Players?
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#1016 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

So basically Fehr overstated how close they were, Bettman got very angry about it. I wonder how much of these press conferences are for the general public and how much are to reach NHL Players?

Journalist consensus has been that it's been for the players + owners and not for fans. At this point they know fans are fed up.

EDIT: Oh yeah, pretty great maneuver for the owners to tell the players to make a deal without their union head.

Edited by Triumph, 06 December 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#1017 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,051 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

They've been trying to go around Fehr since Day One, like that stupid '72-hour limit' where players could call owners about the October proposal. It is a bit reckless to admit that it's a deal-breaker though. Although we as fans would prefer no Bettman or Don, you can't realistically ask the players to negotiate without their union head - even if his brother's in the room.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 December 2012 - 09:33 PM.

#1018 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

Fact is that they are now closer than they had ever been. Expect deal within the next week or two.

That's similar to how I see it. The sides keep getting loser, the bluster in the media doesn't concern me if they keep talking and keep getting closer every week.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#1019 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

dater ‏@adater

From deep inside players side: "We were ready to play again. But Don came in (Wed.) and told us we could get more and to hold out"

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1020 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

dater ‏@adater

From deep inside players side: "We were ready to play again. But Don came in (Wed.) and told us we could get more and to hold out"

and he followed with

adater@adater

That deep-inside-players quote came from depth player. They want to play, but top players still in Fehr camp. Could explode soon

-----------------------

Not a big surprise. The players have a depth vs star player difference of opinion and NHL has a big market vs small market difference.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users