Game thread: Devils @ Carolina 7 PM FSNY 660 WFAN

MadDog2020

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the general oppinion on Oduya how did he look out there??

And Fahey since you can only presume so much from Radio coverage??

Oduya looked fine. He moved the puck nicely and was solid in the defensive zone. I don't think anyone really played poorly.

Fahey was solid and moved the puck well.

Whats the general oppinion on Oduya how did he look out there??

And Fahey since you can only presume so much from Radio coverage??

I thought Oduya looked fine. Very calm, poised. Good positioning. He looked liked he belonged out there. Fahey was also surprisngly solid.

Good game for the Devils. There were no major mistakes, and the Canes never got any momentum. Carolina played terribly, I haven't seen a team that dissorganized since Ron Lowe was coaching the Rangers! For our part, the Devs came out flying and just never let up - very aggressive for a Devils team.

Parise REALLY impressed me, he was probably the best Devil on the ice.

Zajac needs to work on his skating a bit, but fit right in and looked incredibly good for only his third pro game. He'll stay the whole season if he keeps it up.

Oduya looked solid, and has some good moves. Looked confident, which I like.

Fahey, meh... He kinda made me nervous at times. He's about equivilent to Brown IMO.

Great way to start the season.

There were a lot of nervous shifts near the end. Julien was going "first line", "fourth line", "second line", "fourth line", "third line", "fourth line". I realize he was resting our top players for tomorrow night when we may not have the opportunity. But it really made the 3rd nerve wracking. Maybe if it was 4-1 going into the third I wouldn't have cared... I was hoping for the shutout so every shot made the heart skip a beat.

Uhm, Fahey and Oduya seemed fine out there. I wasn't 100% pleased with some of Fahey's decision making... he made some low percentage passes and he threw the puck into traffic when there were better options available, but on the other hand he seemed to be able to get his shots through to the net.

But the one I was impressed with was Zajac. He seemed to be able to read plays and anticipate where the play was going. Which is damn impressive for someones first game in the NHL. Plus when he had the puck, he was able to be creative with it.

And damn, Colin... what was up with the blocked shot to the ankle that I was *SURE* was going to keep him out for 6 to 10 weeks by the way that he crumpled to the ice after trying to put weight on it and the way he went off the ice.. I don't think he missed a shift!! WTF!!! Not having a serious injury there given how many D we already have out is more important than the win.

That was fun. Oduya and Fahey looked good. Elias continues to amaze me with his ever so slight touchs of the puck to create scoring opportunities.

Fox catching Chico downing a dog while reviewing highlights was pretty funny. Chico using the "shutout" word a little too early for my taste.