GDT: New Jersey @ Washington

Derlique

I knwo that there is a whole topic about him having to earn respect of the coaching staff but I would have rather seen Tedenby in the shootout then Henrique. On the other hand Henrique has been hot lately and Ted...well he has been the complete opposite. I just think that they are putting to much trust in Henrique to quickly. But, like you said I guess there isnt much else they can do as far as centers go. He is developing chemistry with Parise which is nice to see but everyone needs to keep in mind that he is still a rookie in the NHL. You cant expect him to play on any other level then what he is capable at this point in his career.

Tedenby has some moves but he hasn't actually proved he can score. I recall him going in the shootout once or twice last year and he wasn't all that great. And Henrique just scored the two breakaway goals last week, there was no way he wasn't going to go very early in the shootout.

Shootouts are very different from breakaways mentally.. To much time to think.

Nice win at least. Over two games against the Caps we got two points, reasonably pleased with that I must say. Looking forward to post new-years hockey with the Devs this season when we get everyone healthy. In the playoffs, every game is a Devils game, so hopefully we can scrape our way into them somehow.. :)

AWESOME effort for that 2nd goal. I missed most of the 3rd, but felt good about the game after tying it. GREAT job Cupcake!!

I had the choice to watch the Devils or depoop-vein shrimp. I chose the shrimp. I believe I made a good choice.

Maybe you could watch the Rags cup season on vhs next time? C'MON MAN! Don't be a fair weather fan!!

YES!! Sykora, who seemingly can only score off the face off, from the top of the circle, but who cares, lol.

LOL That oughta be his Shootout move! smilydev.gif

here we go again..another overtime..this is the season of overtimes..how many has it been so far?

Seriously! Their conditioning should be thru the roof, all these 65 + minute games.

Who wouldh ave predicted Clarkson would win it in the shootout

Especially since the wrap around isn't allowed! koolaid.gif

I believe its pronounced "reach around".

Actually, I believe if it were, Buttman would allow it. .... and he'd be wearing a Penguins jersey. ph34r.gif

Back from 7th and F Streets NW a few observations:

The ice was hideous tonight. Foo Fighters concert last night plus a Georgetown hoops game late this afternooon. Both teams spent the whole night catching edges.

Parise looks lost playing with Palmeri. Henrique's brutal turnover was caused by Palmeri skating right in front of him forcing Henrique to double-clutch and getting his pocket picked.

Even with the Caps winning 2-0 in the 1st I felt the Devils skated and at worst played them even.

Moose played well. Only quibble was on the 2nd goal where it looked like he was a foot off his angle.

I really liked the Devils attacking forecheck especially when they smelled blood in the Caps zone. The Caps were down to only 4 defensemen and were forced to put Laich on the blueline for the first time in his career.

damnnnn haha how many of our games have we won in OT/SO?? it really is good to know we can win close games.

I didnt get to see the 1st period but did we just look bad?? was it much more smooth in the other periods?

I want to give Tedenby a shot in the next SO. I know many of you are gonna say he's not hot or he has to deserve it but obviously i think this kid has so much talent. If he can put one in on the SO, who knows, maybe his confidence goes up and ignites a fire that I know he has the skills to be.

taking 1 of 2 from Washington.. ok, ill definitely take it!! GOOD WORK BOYS! LGD!!

I found this exchange between Cangialosi and Chico a bit perplexing...

CHICO: "Have you ever felt the urge to beat up a team mascot?"

CANGIALOSI: "I can't recall when I've ever felt that way, no."

CHICO: "Best way is to hit 'em behind the knees. Once you got 'em down, it's over."

damnnnn haha how many of our games have we won in OT/SO?? it really is good to know we can win close games.

Well to be fair we are essentially playing short one of our top two lines with Kovalchuk, Zajac and Josefson out. We basically have a first line and three 3rd or 4th lines, so you really aren't going to be blowing opponents out most nights.

3 regulation wins in 15 GP (not good), yet this team finds itself 8-6-1. Fitting that Thanksgiving is coming up, because the Devils should definitely be counting their blessings.

I can't complain, mostly because I think this team has put up the absolute best record it's capable of, until they get healthier. Just hope they survive this road-heavy stretch they've got over the next month or so. If they're .500 by the end of it, I'll be mosy pleasantly surprised.

Was at the game in Washington a few observations:

As was mentioned above the ice was really crappy. To me the key of the game was when the Caps were in the Devils zone for some 5 odd minutes then about a minute later the Devils 1st goal was scored. I checked the shot clock, the Caps didn't get credited for a shot in that 5 minute stretch. With 5 minutes to go in the game they started an "Unleash the Fury" segment on the video board. It really whipped the crowd into a frenzy. It was very intense. Finally, my family was doing some sight seeing in the area in the afternoon. (Spy Museum, Madame Toussard's Wax Museum) We went to this sandwich shop across the street from the Verizon Center and were just hanging out until the gates opened up. At around 5:00 Chico walks in. I asked him "Hey Chico, do the Devils have a chance tonight?" His reponse, "If they are playing they always have a chance." He then proceded to talk hockey with us for about 20 minutes. Very cool. B )

Imagine that, Chico getting a pre-game Chico Eats out of the way! Hahahahaa

"Do they have a chance?" ??? You musta been star struck to ask such a silly question. smilydev.gif That's a cool thing to happen though!!!

CHICO: "Best way is to hit 'em behind the knees. Once you got 'em down, it's over."

This is hilarious. burnbaby.gif