GDT: Hunger games, who will survive...part 1 (Philly @ NJ) 7:30 EST

Devil Fan

man nothing like playing the pourous flyers to get our game back. That is the first time since the OT game winner earlier this year that kovy has really celebrated after a goal. It's good that he's feeling good.

Also, I wonder what goes thru bryz' head when he sees kovalchuk coming down the ice on a break

"sh!t, this net to humongous big"

Edited by Sneax

Still want to fire deboer?

ROFL you think deboer is responsible for bringing in lokti? Or do you think deboer is a genius because hes playing lokti? Lokti has been one of our most consistant producers of points since coming here, not a very hard decision to put him on the ice.

Deboer failed miserably as a coach during that lossing streak. I still stand by my comments, when this team is winning its hard to see weak points. We got a glimpse of what deboer does when things aren't going well, he bashes his head against the wall continuing to do the same thing every night, scratching good d-men and starting the struggling goalie night in and night out. Oh ya he also smashes new lines together without giving them any time to mesh.

Edited by Sneax

ROFL you think deboer is responsible for bringing in lokti? Or do you think deboer is a genius because hes playing lokti? Lokti has been one of our most consistant producers of points since coming here, not a very hard decision to put him on the ice.

Deboer failed miserably as a coach during that lossing streak. I still stand by my comments, when this team is winning its hard to see weak points. We got a glimpse of what deboer does when things aren't going well, he bashes his head against the wall continuing to do the same thing every night, scratching good d-men and starting the struggling goalie night in and night out.

I wasn't talking about loktionov specifically.

The devils went through some very tough stretches last year but still made it through the playoffs with 102 points and coached them to the finals. To start wanting to fire someone at the first sign of real trouble is short sighted and quite a bit bandwagon. No one said or even thought they would go 48-0 this season or even close to it. Lets just make the playoffs and then go from there

I wasn't talking about loktionov specifically.

The devils went through some very tough stretches last year but still made it through the playoffs with 102 points and coached them to the finals. To start wanting to fire someone at the first sign of real trouble is short sighted and quite a bit bandwagon. No one said or even thought they would go 48-0 this season or even close to it. Lets just make the playoffs and then go from there

On the contrary, looking at the coaches decision making when faced with adversity is pretty important in my opinion. Nothing about how he managed the team during the streak made any sense. The mentality of every pro-sport team should be that they are going undefeated (in this case 48-0)  and the mentallity after every loss should be that they are going to go 47-1, 46-2 and so on untill the season is over. That's fvcking bullsh!t, you give maximum effort every night and you don't forget a lossing streak like we just had which almost tanked our season, because no team wins every night.

Also just saying, Deboer is partially responsible for the make up of our roster both this year and last year. Deboer pressured Lou last year to bring in guys so they could role 4 lines. Lou seems to still like to have 1 checking line. Not saying Deboer is solely responsible for the Loki pick up but it's definitely possible that he told Lou "hey we need a little more O"

On the contrary, looking at the coaches decision making when faced with adversity is pretty important in my opinion. Nothing about how he managed the team during the streak made any sense. The mentality of every pro-sport team should be that they are going undefeated (in this case 48-0) and the mentallity after every loss should be that they are going to go 47-1, 46-2 and so on untill the season is over. That's fvcking bullsh!t, you give maximum effort every night and you don't forget a lossing streak like we just had which almost tanked our season, because no team wins every night.

That way of thinking is good in theory but it totally impractical. It totally ignores the fact that there is another team out there wanting to win as well. To believe that every devils loss is because of something the devils failed to do is silly. While every aspect of the devils broke down at some point in the streak, there were plenty of times we just got beat or just had bad puck luck.

Besides if every team is usually good for at least

Also just saying, Deboer is partially responsible for the make up of our roster both this year and last year. Deboer pressured Lou last year to bring in guys so they could role 4 lines. Lou seems to still like to have 1 checking line. Not saying Deboer is solely responsible for the Loki pick up but it's definitely possible that he told Lou "hey we need a little more O"

speculation, could be but it's not the role of the coach to find talent. And judging by what we did to start this season, lou was just looking for young players with some talent and find one that stuck, lokti stuck but a guy like butler could have been good potentially as well.