Lou: Change of Ownership Imminent

Derlique

ESPN reporting it too

ESPN NHL - League to take over Devils by start of season if buyer for team can't be found - multiple sources

Jesus

Notice how no one reports the denials by the league or the reports from TG and Chere? I guess that doesn't generate hits though. I'm seriously tired of this organization's reputation being dragged through the mud via irresponsible and sensationalistic reporting.

Notice how no one reports the denials by the league or the reports from TG and Chere? I guess that doesn't generate hits though. I'm seriously tired of this organization's reputation being dragged through the mud via irresponsible and sensationalistic reporting.

The denials are very specific, though.  Daly said 'To the extent it suggests the League is intending to take over the Club, it is inaccurate'.  If the facts apart from that are true, the league would probably have to step in to ensure that players are paid if the team isn't sold by October.

Edited by Triumph

The denials are very specific, though. Daly said 'To the extent it suggests the League is intending to take over the Club, it is inaccurate'. If the facts apart from that are true, the league would probably have to step in to ensure that players are paid if the team isn't sold by October.

They just make it sound worse than it is. If the league needs to step in for a couple of months to fund operations while the sale details are ironed out with the 76ers guy or the lawyer (assuming a sale with either is finalized), that's a far different scenario than what Phoenix went through. ESPN and Forbes and the big national outlets are reporting it like the NHL is taking over the team in a Coyotes-like ownership situation where there's no immediate buyer and the team is broke. That's what annoys me. Edited by MadDog2020

I don't trust the Forbes article - they and the NY Post have been pretty consistently incorrect over the course of this thing.  TG has Barroway as still interested - even so, how do trial lawyers have enough money to buy sports franchises?  

I wonder who planted the Forbes story, because as someone on Twitter pointed out, seems like the Devils planted the story with TG about Harris and Barroway.

The interest from Harris was first reported by some talk radio host in Philly, and TG picked it up.  I'm sure the team leaked to TG that Barroway was still involved in the process though. 

I don't trust the Forbes article - they and the NY Post have been pretty consistently incorrect over the course of this thing.  TG has Barroway as still interested - even so, how do trial lawyers have enough money to buy sports franchises?

From what I understand, Barroway had a very successful practice where he specialized in class action lawsuits - which essentially makes the attorneys bringing the suit on behalf of the declared class a ton of money, provides the named plaintiff with a hefty settlement sum, and leaves the 1 million + other people in the class with a $1 gift card to iTunes.  However, I had the same question as I doubt he could carry the team on his own and would require a large investment group to financially bankroll the purchase.

Edited by Chuck the Duck

From what I understand, Barroway had a very successful practice where he specialized in class action lawsuits - which essentially makes the attorneys bringing the suit on behalf of the declared class a ton of money, provides the named plaintiff with a hefty settlement sum, and leaves the 1 million + other people in the class with a $1 gift card to iTunes.  However, I had the same question as I doubt he could carry the team on his own and would require a large investment group to financially bankroll the purchase.

OT, funny you mention the thing about class action suits. I got a check for $8.63 out of the clear blue sky a couple months ago for some suit I had no idea I was apart of lol.

Hey I hurd the Debbies are moving to Seattle lolz they never had any fans everybody knows NJ is RANJURZ 4 LIFE BABY! #believeinblue

You know it's coming...

It's already all over my Facebook. Rangers fans, all from New Jersey, laughing at the thought of their state's only team leaving for Quebec.

The stupidity.

baxter-cain-baseketball-gif-disgust.gif

The interest from Harris was first reported by some talk radio host in Philly, and TG picked it up.  I'm sure the team leaked to TG that Barroway was still involved in the process though. 

TG isn't citing Eskin as a source, though.  He says it was first reported by Eskin but that it was confirmed by 2 other sources.

OT, funny you mention the thing about class action suits. I got a check for $8.63 out of the clear blue sky a couple months ago for some suit I had no idea I was apart of lol.

I got almost $100 from a class action suit against Wally World for making employees work off the clock. I never worked off the clock for that sh!thole, but hey, free money!

Hey I hurd the Debbies are moving to Seattle lolz they never had any fans everybody knows NJ is RANJURZ 4 LIFE BABY! #believeinblue

You know it's coming...

It's already all over my Facebook. Rangers fans, all from New Jersey, laughing at the thought of their state's only team leaving for Quebec.

The stupidity.

Yeah its pretty fvcking astonishing how stupid some Ranger fans are. The Devils aren't moving. Teams have ownership issues. Not every team that has them moves. It amazes me that some of these mongoloids automatically equate ownership issues with moving. Maybe they should worry about their own team moving to fvcking Queens in 10 years when the city flushes the toilet on that sh!thole they play in.
  • Like 1

Yeah its pretty fvcking astonishing how stupid some Ranger fans are. The Devils aren't moving. Teams have ownership issues. Not every team that has them moves. It amazes me that some of these mongoloids automatically equate ownership issues with moving. Maybe they should worry about their own team moving to fvcking Queens in 10 years when the city flushes the toilet on that sh!thole they play in.

It's not really all that astonishing anymore.  Stupid Ranger fans breed with stupid Ranger fans and give birth to...you guessed it...more stupid Ranger fans.  Until stupid Ranger fans are segregated and sterilized and not allowed to have any sexual contact whatsoever with the few intelligent Ranger fans that exist and continue poisoning the Ranger gene pool, we will always be subjected to the witticisms and insights of...drum roll...

STUPID RANGER FANS!

• Like 3

Ranger fans i can understand being morons. But what is the media's excuse for their lazy copy and paste journalism? One outlet said the debt can be tied to the Prudential Center severely underperforming in non-hockey activities! Yet, the Pru was the 8th highest grossing venue in the U.S.

Rangers fans are just going to push your buttons because they don't fully understand the story and want to get a rise out of all of you.

Look at it this way from this Sabres fans perspective: One of our previous owners John Rigas was handcuffed out of his office, was using $ from the team for lavish vacations, etc, ran us into the complete ground, there were some rumors of a move but it never happened.

And they are still in Buffalo. NJ will be fine.

Rangers fans are just going to push your buttons because they don't fully understand the story and want to get a rise out of all of you.

Look at it this way from this Sabres fans perspective: One of our previous owners John Rigas was handcuffed out of his office, was using $ from the team for lavish vacations, etc, ran us into the complete ground, there were some rumors of a move but it never happened.

And they are still in Buffalo. NJ will be fine.

What's sad is most of them aren't trying to intentionally push buttons...they're not that clever.  They really are that stupid.  Just like they believe that the Rangers are rich in tradition and are somehow the Yankees of the NHL because their team has "New York" in front of the team nickname.  They really do believe the Devils could move to Quebec or Timbuktu or Greenland.

It's kind of funny how a journalist can really color the story for the reader.  If I had read Kosman's take first, I really would have a much more negative view of the current developments.  Instead because I heard it first from that Fox29 guy's tweet and TG's blog, it has me looking at it as a potentially positive development.  More suitors suggests to me that they see value in franchise.  Also, this Harris group sounds like it has much deeper pockets than Barroway. 

All of this does make me wonder if Vanderbeek was dealing honestly with Barroway though.  It's all bankers and lawyers screwing each other over though so I can't feel sympathy.