Langenbrunner to Dallas. 3rd round conditional pick coming back

DevsFan7545

I fully expect Langenbrunner to be rejuvenated on a playoff contender. That's not saying he's going to turn into Gordie Howe, but on the right team with the right linemates and right use by the coach, he could be a valued addition.

There's a lot of teams out West who could use him on their PK unit.

LOL. I know you don't really understand the game, but this is no longer a team. It has been a fractured group of individuals going on a year now.

Langs will be a great addition to any contending Team. Watch and learn.

You're right that Langs will be an asset to a contender. However, the Devils are not a contender and the season is lost. He is an unrestricted FA and this team needs to get some kind of return before he walks. The season is lost at this point. Might as well get some pick or prospect for him.

weren't we a contending team at one point last year? what happened then? the whole boat sank a year ago and langs went with it. he'll be an addition to a contending team by some stretch but absolutely did nothing for us. he turned into a cancer and needed to go.

He turned into a "cancer" when he tried to express the team's lack of faith in coaching direction (constantly changing lines, and punishing the younger players). The team eventually tuned JL out last year and now he is back.

Very true. But I would have liked to remain optimistic about the future for this organization.

How does keeping Jamie Langenbrunner provide optimism?

You make it sound like hes some sort of glue/lynchpin to hope, when hes been terrible for a good while.

Regardless, Jamie's gotten slower and less productive - he's an older player - and he's UFa. So business-wise its the absolute right move.

The disrespect in this thread is astounding - "A cancer" - Dion Phaneuf was "a cancer" - come on!

Some of the folks here are making him the sacrificial lamb for all that has gone wrong since 2004 - well the ship should be righted now then right?

For one bad playoff season this guy had many years of good ones and some great ones.

HE bled Red and Black for this team - and his blood helped earn you a 3rd cup.

YEs, his time has come.

I wish folks could show a little respect on his way out - thats all.

Langenbrunner was a always a hard working NJ Devil.

You're right that Langs will be an asset to a contender. However, the Devils are not a contender and the season is lost. He is an unrestricted FA and this team needs to get some kind of return before he walks. The season is lost at this point. Might as well get some pick or prospect for him.

Your right. But I just hate to see it as he and Parise had great chemistry.

Regardless, Jamie's gotten slower and less productive - he's an older player - and he's UFa. So business-wise its the absolute right move.

The disrespect in this thread is astounding - "A cancer" - Dion Phaneuf was "a cancer" - come on!

Some of the folks here are making him the sacrificial lamb for all that has gone wrong since 2004 - well the ship should be righted now then right?

For one bad playoff season this guy had many years of good ones and some great ones.

YEs, his time has come.

'Tis the life of a team's whipping boy. Past accomplishments = irrelevant apparently

YEs, his time has come.

You hit the nail on the head. Thanks for expressing what I could not.

He turned into a "cancer" when he tried to express the team's lack of faith in coaching direction (constantly changing lines, and punishing the younger players). The team eventually tuned JL out last year and now he is back.

OK.

But didn't Patty Elias openly express to the media his questioning of JL's coaching line changes just today?

I don't think its one player - its all the vets.

OK.

But didn't Patty Elias openly express to the media his questioning of JL's coaching line changes just today?

I don't think its one player - its all the vets.

Langs took the brunt for talking on behalf of the team last year. Patty is taking it public. Eitherway, this isn't a good sign for a traditional contender.

I wonder if Elias would waive his NTC.

Arnott pretty much straight up asked for a trade when he was interviewed the other night.

I think Andy Greene is probably a goner too, although the most we would get there is a 4th or 5th rounder probably.

Well look on the bright side: at the rate we're going we'll wind up trading away or waiving just about all the vets so that Jacques will be forced to play the kids.

That just gives him more options for benchings...