Official 2010-11 New York Football Giants Thread

jagknife

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nice little bump for the best team in the NFC! HUGE win last night in the Big D...

Definitely huge win last night!

If it wasnt for the Giants turnovers, the cowboys never had a chance in that game. It was like Eli spotted the cowboys points with his first 2 INT's. LOL.

oh and that was a perfect football CLEAN hit on romo. Classic.

I guess Jerry Jones dream of having his team play in the super bowl in his building is crashing down!!! LMAO!

and the cowboys are 0-3 at home? wow.......

Edited by overtime98

I am less enthused than others by the Giants win last night. Yeah killing Romo was awesome - I could watch that again and again. However, it also showed a lot of the weaknesses of the team. FIVE turnovers, letting up at the end that could have cost them the game, etc. That kind of stuff will fly against bad teams like Dallas, but not against good teams and the Giants remaining schedule is littered with good teams. Starting at the best home team in football in two weeks.

It was SOOOOOO satisfying to see Tony Romo go down with a broken collarbone, out 6-8 weeks. I am officially nicknaming this defense the QB assassins, since this now the 5th QB we've knocked (Matt Moore, Jay Cutler, Todd Collins, Shaun Hill, Tony Romo).

This defense is the QUARTERBACK KILLERS! It was a sloppy win, but these problems can be correct. The receivers have to STOP letting balls go off/through their hands for easy INT's to the DBs. They have been killing Eli all season with that nonsense. Also terrible coverage on the Dez Bryant return. If we take care of the ball and stop turning it over we will be lethal. As someone pointed out, if we did not hand the Cowboys their first 17 points on a platter they would have been totally out of it early....

• 2 weeks later...

You could make the argument for both things. I'd like to see them play Indianapolis again with a defense that has obviously improved.

The Colts are lucky they got to play the Giants early in the season before they found their way...especially on defense, getting adjusted to a new coordinator, etc...the game would be much different if it were played now. But that is neither here nor there...first step is trashing Dallas again in our own stadium....Will the G-Men be making a return trip to Dallas for one final game this year?

Why John Kitna tore us up today, I have no idea. The guy should definitely have retired by this year and yet, the Giants D lets him own. Our D i so inconsistent because our secondary is terrible. I know they do have talent, but there is no way an injured, 1-7 Dallas team should've came into the meadowlands and killed us.. We better hope we stay atop the standings after the huge game next week

Edited by Onddeck

I was afraid of the results of yesterdays game. the trap game i was afraid of. We were coming off a huge "easy" win in seattle and Dallas got destroyed their last game....... So Giants came out and played soft, cowboys took advantage and just were the better team last week. Not a huge deal, still sit at 6-3 in good position. Sometimes when a team loses games like that it makes them better.

I was afraid of the results of yesterdays game. the trap game i was afraid of. We were coming off a huge "easy" win in seattle and Dallas got destroyed their last game....... So Giants came out and played soft, cowboys took advantage and just were the better team last week. Not a huge deal, still sit at 6-3 in good position. Sometimes when a team loses games like that it makes them better.

The Giants should look at it that way.

The fact is that if the Giants take care of the ball, they're tough to beat.

Good call, I'd rather the Giants get their wakeup call now, rather than in the playoffs

• 4 weeks later...

That was beautiful. Eli is starting to scare me though. It is getting to the point that whenever he drops back to pass I can't watch. But the running game? The defense? Just awesome. Not having Smith for Sunday will hurt but with a forecast of rain/snow and 31 degrees it sounds like the running game will carry the day.

Time to see what the Giants are made of. The Brawl For It All. Not on TV in Atlanta. fvckers. Slingbox to the rescue!