Beware of Living Social Deal

rgyanks

Just got back from the game. Got tickets through the Living Social deal for the 100 Level. At Will Call, I was given tickets for Section 214, Row 8 (second from the top). When I questioned this, I was told to go inside to the area where I was to redeem my voucher for the Souvenir Package. There, I was told that Living Social had over sold the deal and that there was nothing they could do tonight. They had me give my name and email address for an offer in the future. At the time that I was there (about 10 minutes before puck drop), there were about 20 names on the list (and that's just the sheet that I saw, there may have been others). I am somewhat skeptical of this "future offer," and was rather upset about the seats given to me. I will be contacting Living Social to see what they say about this ordeal.

So if you are looking at any future deals from living social (I know there is one for the Isles game), understand that there was at least some group of people that did not get the tickets they were expecting.

Not sure where this belongs, but I figured that it should be posted here as a PSA.

Had the same thing happen to me and I posted it in the GDT. Out of the approx 3000 tickets sold through living social I think this affected approx 50-100 so not really a lot. My tickets were in sec 226.

The guy you spoke to is Neil desermeaux (sp?). He is one of the top guys there for these types of things and he couldn't tell us what the future offer is, but based on his heavy hints its prob free tickets to a future game.

It sucks ass but honestly if I get a free game out of their screw up then I'm fine. His explanation of this being on living social is perfectly plausible given past experiences from both them and groupon. At least the devils seem to be trying to remedy it. If they don't follow through then I will be pissed.

I bought two 100 level seats for this and when i picked up the tickets i was given twoin sec 12. I was surprised and said nothing.

I did order very early in the offer though if thatmakes any diff.

When I ordered mine it said on the site that approx 800 was sold, so I was fairly early too yet got 200 level tickets. I will wait and see what the devils offer to make up for it this coming week before I complain.

Same issue happened to me - I bought four vouchers for the 100 level deal and ended up three rows from the top in section 234. I will definitely be contacting Living Social about this because I could've gotten the seats for cheaper on Stubhub.

I just submitted a complaint via Living Social's website - I'll keep you posted on their response (fingers crossed for free tickets).

Edited by hoekster316

Same issue happened to me - I bought four vouchers for the 100 level deal and ended up three rows from the top in section 234. I will definitely be contacting Living Social about this because I could've gotten the seats for cheaper on Stubhub.

I just submitted a complaint via Living Social's website - I'll keep you posted on their response (fingers crossed for free tickets).

Did you talk to Neil on the concourse and give your name? He said they will contact us within the next week about some sort of compensation or deal for us.

Also I doubt you could have gotten cheaper on stubhub. I check yesterday morning and cheapest $49 in the uppers on stubhub and these were $29.

Edited by DevsMan84

Did you talk to Neil on the concourse and give your name? He said they will contact us within the next week about some sort of compensation or deal for us.

Also I doubt you could have gotten cheaper on stubhub. I check yesterday morning and cheapest $49 in the uppers on stubhub and these were $29.

Didn't speak to anyone, only sent a complaint through the Living Social website.

There were cheaper seats available last week (when I bought the deal on Living Social).

Didn't speak to anyone, only sent a complaint through the Living Social website.

There were cheaper seats available last week (when I bought the deal on Living Social).

Even then with the stubhub fees via electronic delivery usually adds at least $10 to every order I doubt in the end it would be cheaper.

Honestly if Neil gives us free tickets to a game then I'm perfectly fine with what happened. If he doesn't then I will file a complaint.

Response I got from Living Social - I wrote them back that (in so many words) it's BS:

Hi,

We're sorry your deal for New Jersey Devils didn't work out for you, and we understand you'd like your voucher to be refunded. Unfortunately we are unable to extend you a credit card refund or Deal Bucks credit because your request is outside of our refund policy.

You can also get more information on our refund policy here: Can I get a refund?

If you still have questions, please reply to this email. We're happy to help!

Thanks for LivingSocial!

Randy | Consumer Services | LivingSocial | help.livingsocial.com

Got a response from Living Social and they're giving me tickets to the 2/7 Lightning game:

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us and allowing us to investigate your issue.

After reaching out to the New Jersey Devils, we were able to confirm that there was a sitting issue which affected some to have to sit in the 200 section at the venue as apposed to the 100 section as stated on our LivingSocial vouchers.

We reached out to Neil Desormeaux at the New Jersey Devils. Neil expressed sincere apologies and requested we pass along the following statement and information to you.

On Friday, January 25th you attended the New Jersey Devils vs. Washington Capitals game. The seats you purchased through Living Social were for the 100 level. (Voucher #X, Voucher #X, Voucher #X, Voucher #X)

Due to the popularity of the game, your seats were relocated to the 200 level. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused.

In light of this situation, I would like to offer you complimentary tickets to the Tampa Bay Lightening vs New Jersey Devils on February 7th.

I would like to personally thank you for your support of the New Jersey Devils and LivingSocial.

Thank you.

If you still have questions, please reply to this email. We're happy to help!

Thanks for LivingSocial!

Shawndon | Consumer Services | LivingSocial | help.livingsocial.com

On the lower level side... my service was perfect.

My pair were 9 rows off the ice... I had a private row basically, as it was a row with only two seats; alongside where the Zamboni comes out.

Best $98 I spent for a pair of tickets ever. Bummed that the uppers didn't go so well for some :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.