2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

How is that not overturned?!?!?!?!?!

Because they're not allowed to make rulings on which team got possession by replay. The review was correct. It was the call on the field that sucked. How can you see both players go down with their hands on the ball and not rule simultaneous possession?! That line judge treated it like a fumble. "Wrestle for the ball on the ground guys, and I'll give it to whoever rips it away." Dumb.

I thought it was a good call, and I blame Dustin Keller, who did a poor job fighting for that ball. He's been MIA all day.

The defender has to establish sole possession before either player is down. This was clearly not there.

But blown calls are not why we lost today. For some reason we didn't play our style of run-it-down-your-throat offense that we're so good at. It's not like the Packers were stopping us dead in our tracks. Out of the box plays didn't work. The turnovers were also killers, all happening on our best drives.

In spite of all of that, it was very close, so we're still looking very good to me. More intelligent play and coaching needed.

The Jets OFFESNE was atrocious.... WE HELD THE PACK TO 3 FG's!! Not a single TD.. The D was lights out.. The recieving core, for the love of god, catch the fvcking ball.. This was one of Cotch's worst games as a Jet.. "Jericho Droppery.." The offense has to be better.. I thought Sanchez played good, made some good throws, there is no excuse to not catching some of those balls.. And turnovers, missed FG, and penalties killed us..

And frankly, I don't know how we're going to be able to handle the Browns next week.

poor execution, no intensity. I mean you can't have the stinkin lions out-intensity you. They want this more. 12 men on the field on like consecutive plays, blowing time outs, personal fouls, false starts, dropped passes. The Lions of course making miraculous catches left and right. That Braylon Edwards fumble totally killed the game because the Jets had finally found some rhythm on offense

And look at everything else going our way. Fish losing, Patriots losing. Ugh, talk about a missed opportunity

Guys aren't even turning there head around to look for Sanchez throwing the ball

Edited by '7'

You just about said it all, 7.

These last two weeks were both missed opportunities not only because of what happened in the division but because in this tough AFC even ten wins might not be enough to make the playoffs.

And Sanchez is going to be throwing in cold weather, bad environments the rest of the season - whoopie. No more domes where he can air out a 70-yard bomb.

Also funny how we can never seem to stop a 3rd and long, but 3rd and anything less than 4 we're pretty good at. Nothing even close to resembling a pass rush after the 1st quarter. And Sanchez still has that pesky underthrowing problem. He has the arm...just being too fine with it

we're lucky as hell everything stayed status quo in the division

Edited by '7'

Oh god that 2nd and 28 earlier in the game made me sick...I knew we were in for it right from the first drive although it did look like the game would turn after the Edwards TD right before the half. Of course drunk boy gave the momentum right back with the fumble :argh:

Five fumbles in the game (one lost) and I'm not sure on any of them did someone get hit. Wilson didn't get hit when he lost the punt return and Connor bailed him out, Edwards didn't get hit. Not to mention Tomlinson had that costly miscommunication inside the ten lining up on the wrong side of the QB, killing that drive.

And what's wrong with Cotchery these days? Is he feeling the footsteps with all the other weapons around him?

Oh come now, they honestly didn't deserve to win this game. They were in lala land for 55 minutes after ****ing away last week's game and should have lost this one too if not for the kicker getting hurt and a stupid personal foul on the last drive, not to mention the extra forty seconds Schwarz gifted us. I'll take it but don't act like there wasn't a reason for negativity here.

Let's be fair here, the Jets executed at the very end thanks to a combination of Lions stupidity, luck, and playmakers finally making plays. You can pull one out of your ass against Detroit.

You can't against Pittsburgh and Baltimore. In fact in week one they had a chance to pull it out of their ass and DIDN'T.

This is two straight subpar efforts. I'm ELATED they won. But if they continue carrying on these bad habits, this team will not be a force.

Oh come now, they honestly didn't deserve to win this game. They were in lala land for 55 minutes after ****ing away last week's game and should have lost this one too if not for the kicker getting hurt and a stupid personal foul on the last drive, not to mention the extra forty seconds Schwarz gifted us. I'll take it but don't act like there wasn't a reason for negativity here.

That was just ridiculous, I mean did Schwartz tell the QB(or shouldn't he just flat out KNOW?) that if the play isn't there. Take the sack and eat the football. One of the rare times in football where a sack helps your team.