‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

This whole "trip home to MN" is a PR tour and he is trying to save a little face with the league. Watch.

he live there lol come on now

per Russo

For folks that think he wouldn't fly back to Minnesota to announce he's leaving, he laughed: "this is where I live."

Yeah at this point I'm thinking we might actually be better off signing Semin instead - having a number one, solid RW with something to prove, having Kovy at his natural LW spot and either bringing up Teddy or signing another spare part to replace Poni. Maybe even resign Sykora

I'm content with a top line of Kovy-Zajac-Semin.

Kovy-Zajac-Semin

Elias-Henrique-Clarkson

UFA/Teddy-Josefson-Zubrus

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Janseen

Volechenkov-Zids

Tallinder-Greene

Salvador-Fayne

Larsson/Harrold

Marty

Moose

or

Kovy-Zajac-Semin

Elias-Henrique-Clarkson

Zubrus-Josefson-Sykora

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Janseen

Volechenkov-Zids

Tallinder-Greene

Salvador-Larsson

Fayne/Harrold

Marty

Moose

Either one of those still equates to a formidable team. If Zach goes elsewhere I would be happy with either of those.

Edited by TheMazz

Just watch and see what happens. I'm gonna be the "told ya so" guy.

The last "told ya so" guy on these boards was MantaRay, who famously predicted the Devils are finished and will never make the playoffs again when we signed Kovalchuk.

• Like 1

I too think Parise has made a decision. I think that's why he flew home. It's not PR stunt, that's ridiculous. He just wants to follow-up with his family and see what they think and then announce when he's ready. Anyone who tells you what that decision is though, is lying.

Yeah at this point I'm thinking we might actually be better off signing Semin instead - having a number one, solid RW with something to prove, having Kovy at his natural LW spot and either bringing up Teddy or signing another spare part to replace Poni. Maybe even resign Sykora

I'm content with a top line of Kovy-Zajac-Semin.

Kovy-Zajac-Semin

Elias-Henrique-Clarkson

UFA/Teddy-Josefson-Zubrus

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Janseen

Volechenkov-Zids

Tallinder-Greene

Salvador-Fayne

Larsson/Harrold

Marty

Moose

or

Kovy-Zajac-Semin

Elias-Henrique-Clarkson

Zubrus-Josefson-Sykora

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Janseen

Volechenkov-Zids

Tallinder-Greene

Salvador-Larsson

Fayne/Harrold

Marty

Moose

Either one of those still equates to a formidable team.

Honestly I'm not gonna disagree with you. The more and more I hear how much Zachs gonna get paid, we're obviously gonna overpay no matter who we get. Of course I want Zach to stay but if he goes we have to replace him with somebody

If he is going to walk, Minnesota would be the easiest to stomach lol.

Agreed, and to be honest if he walks, that leaves only Parise and Poni that is not there from last years team that made the finals. I can't imagine they wouldnt at least make an attempt to replace him with a top 6 foward. are they really that bad off without him? I said from that start I really want him back but at upwards of 8-9 a year I'd much rather take another route and have him enjoy his time in minnesota.

im somewhat amazed how some folks here are bashing Zach for being not loyal and everything cause he's waiting 2 days to make a decision...

kovalchuk took like 4 years to make a decision and went to the highest bidder from 2 teams... yet we're all pretty happy with his services and all felt for the "THIS IS TEAM" thing...

Really ghdi? Guy gives us up for a perenial loser?

Its his decision, and I'd much rather him go there than go to sh!tsburgh. Where would rather him go if not here?

Obviously, I want him to stay here, but if not, go to Minnesota. We'll see him twice a year at most.

Could Suter be waiting to see what Parise does? Maybe he has interest in playing here

Its long been rumored that Suter wants to stay in the western conference.

Besides, we are STACKED on D. Not just at the big club, but in the minors as well. Our defense is not a pressing concern. Our offense is with this uncertainty.

I really dont think of it matters though, I don't think Suter would come here.

im somewhat amazed how some folks here are bashing Zach for being not loyal and everything cause he's waiting 2 days to make a decision...

kovalchuk took like 4 years to make a decision and went to the highest bidder from 2 teams... yet we're all pretty happy with his services and all felt for the "THIS IS TEAM" thing...

But this is closer to the heart for Devil fans. Kovy was here for a half a season but Zach has been here forever. Everyone will take it harder if he leaves.

If Zach decides to move home to Minnesota (and his family) I don't see how anyone can blame him for that.

I totally agree. But if he signs with Pittsburgh, I will have a hard time with it. The Penguins are my worst nightmare and I can't stand them. I would have a hard time wishing Zach well as a Penguin and might even grow to hate him. The thought of that is upsetting, but it is reality.

Best case he stays in NJ for a decent price. Or if he does leave .... I could wish him well in Minnesota.

• Like 1

If Zach decides to move home to Minnesota (and his family) I don't see how anyone can blame him for that.

Its the one of the only decisions he could make (Detroit and Chicago to lesser extents) where I wouldnt have Gomez style hate for him. He goes to Pittsburgh or Philly, he is on par with Gomez for ex-Devils I don't like anymore. Basically, if you're going to leave, go as far away as possible and go out of the conference. If he goes to the Penguins, thats as bad as going to the Rags, especially now.

We've had Zach the same amount of time we've had Brian Gionta. We've won no cups with Zach. I got over my hate of Niedermayer fairly quickly because of his past with us + the fact we rarely had to see him. Zach doesnt have that same nest egg for me. He'll just be another player that came through here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.