USA Soccer

Devils Pride 26

I didn't see the game but checking online I see they ended up drawing after giving up a late goal (83'). Now tied at the top of their table with Jamaica with 4 points. Just looked up their remaining schedule for Round 3:

9/7 - USA vs. Jamaica 5:00 ET

9/11 - USA vs. Jamaica 5:00 ET

10/12 - USA vs. Antigua and Barbuda 5:00 ET

10/16 - USA vs. Guatemala 5:00 ET

Two wins would have been better, but these results are fine. The team just needs to take care of business this fall.

My main concern is that the World Cup is 2 years away, and our under-23 team can't qualify for the Olympics. Donovan, Howard: these guys aren't getting any younger.

• 2 months later...

Awesome, awesome night for soccer in the US! Scrapped out something maybe they did not deserve based nut scrapped and hustled enough and made their break count big when they got it. Tim Howard was in absolute beast mode tonight. Lots of new faces but it is always comforting having him as the backbone.

Awesome, awesome night for soccer in the US! Scrapped out something maybe they did not deserve based nut scrapped and hustled enough and made their break count big when they got it. Tim Howard was in absolute beast mode tonight. Lots of new faces but it is always comforting having him as the backbone.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, thanks to Al-Jazeera buying most of the soccer rights, we weren't subjected to an unbelievable US loss to the friggin' ppot head Jamaicans!

WTF?!?!

Must wins already coming up in the first round?

I spent quite some time yesterday trying to find the game thinking it can’t be that they are not showing the game. How can the federation sell the rights to someone who is not going to show it on an accessible channel? I guess they are cashing in on the quick buck instead of doing what is best for promoting the sport in this country.

In Germany there would be riots if the federation did that.

• 4 months later...

Tough loss for the US after going up 1-0 against Hondarus on the road. They ended up losing 2-1 to start their 4th round campaign in CONCACAF qualifying. They just need to finish in the top 3 to qualify but a 4th place finish will at least give them a chance at an intercontinental playoff to qualify. Here are their upcoming fixtures.

It sucks all the road matches are only on beIN Sport, I don't know anyone who has it. At least the home matches are on ESPN.

Tough loss for the US after going up 1-0 against Hondarus on the road. They ended up losing 2-1 to start their 4th round campaign in CONCACAF qualifying. They just need to finish in the top 3 to qualify but a 4th place finish will at least give them a chance at an intercontinental playoff to qualify. Here are their upcoming fixtures.

It sucks all the road matches are only on beIN Sport, I don't know anyone who has it. At least the home matches are on ESPN.

The played like sh!t. They need to get their heads out of their a$$es and attack teams that aren't as talented. Also, they need to replace Donovan. Even if he comes back, he's not gonna be able to play the full 90 of every game. Holden getting healthy would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

Also, rojadirecta dot me usually has a bunch of streams. That's how I watched.

• 1 month later...

Huge result. Took Mexico's biggest punch and are still standing and earned a point. Awesome job collectively on defense. Beasley was picked on and looked banged up all game but played hard and stuck with it for most of the night. The two young guys inside performed better than anyone could have thought possible.

A boring game to watch. The US never seriously tried to win the game and Mexico seemed to have run out of gas and ideas after the first 15 Minutes. The US played strong defensively but was lucky in the end that Mexico got screwed by the refs.
I smell a coaching change coming for the Mexicans. They are too talented to be struggling in the group as they are.

• 2 months later...

The US somehow escaped Jamaica with a big 2-1 win, their first victory in Kingston in WCQ. The US had a lead due to a nice pass and finish by Zusi and Altidore respectively in the 30', but lost it in the 89', which wasn't so surprising given the way they were playing. In a huge turn of events Bradley set up Evans for the winning goal in extra time. Whirlwind of emotions at the end but thrilled with the result. Now 2nd place in the table with 2 matches coming up at home!

Have to say the more I watch Zusi play, the more of a fan of his I become.

I'm loving Zusi. I know Evans was the hero, but he looked lost on D too often. I'd like to see Cameron play some right back. He was a real good right back in the Prem all year, where the level of play is much higher. I get that Klinsman likes him as a center back, and that he wants someone more aggressive on the flanks, but unless Cherundolo is good to go for Brazil, not guarantee at his age, they need somebody who's not gonna get exposed by a good team back there.

Just watched the highlights and from what I saw, Zusi looks a great player. Never heard of him but he looks good. I wonder if a premiership or La Liga team might make a cheeky bid for him at some point. Jamaica didn't look too bad from what I saw...some silly mistakes which cost them goals.

Important win, even though it was expected, for the US over Panama 2-0. Move to the top of the table with 10 points and have all but locked up their World Cup berth. Another home win next Tuesday would be awesome against Honduras. Nice to see players step up with Jones and Zusi out of the line up and Gomez still injured. The crowd in Seattle was incredible too! Only drawback is all of the players sitting on yellow cards and CONCACAF's stupid 2 yellow cards = suspension rule, especially since they never disappear after a certain amount of matches.

Thrilled with the month they had, they are in an amazing position right now. Have to say that I felt more relief than elation with the victory last night. Awful 1st half and they finally got it going a bit more in the 2nd. I'm thankful that Altidore buried the goal after that nice set up by Zusi and F. Johnson. Would have been frustrating to walk away without the 3 points.

• 3 weeks later...