carter will be at camp

2ELIAS6

Curious. Something must be in the works, right? He could definitely get a contract from some team..

i would have to imagine that he must have some type of verbal assurance he is going to get a contract or something.. i couldnt see him coming to camp with out a contract like that when i think he couldve had possibilities to go play else where.

i would have to imagine that he must have some type of verbal assurance he is going to get a contract or something.. i couldnt see him coming to camp with out a contract like that when i think he couldve had possibilities to go play else where.

I'm thinking that LL told him that he wanted to wait until training camp to see who he will move and/or who is expendable. I'll be surprised if by the end of camp that we don't see Carter getting a contract and a forward or two being moved or demoted.

Here's Renat Mamashev's EliteProspects profile. Spent a year with Moose Jaw (WHL) in 2000-01 otherwise it's been all Russia for the 31 year old. KHL stats: 284 GP 35-91-126, -27, 321 PIM, 1.6 SH/GP, 7.9 SH%, 20:25 ATOI. There really isn't a spot for him in either New Jersey or Albany so I suppose he's there as a warm body. Kind of curious as to why he'd want to attend a NHL camp since the KHL season is just starting now.

Curious. Something must be in the works, right? He could definitely get a contract from some team..

I suppose we are all waiting on The Inevitable Trade.

Brodeur scenarios will be speculated on ad nauseum until he actually signs somewhere.  For the Devils, they have absolutely no reason to go that route unless Schneider suffers a long-term or season-ending injury...if Brodeur is gone by then, so be it.  I have nothing but good things to say about Marty, but the last thing I want is to see is him come back here in a backup role, struggle when he gets his much-less-frequent starts, then read him grousing about how hard it is to be a full-time backup, and how he needs more minutes to play better, etc.  I just think it's time to move on...if Kinkaid or Clemmer don't get it done, find someone other than Marty to replace them.  There will be guys out there.   

Shows how much that little clueless snot Todd Cordell really wants to be a hockey "insiderrrr"  Just looking at the tweets its obvious that Dreger is just thinking out loud and doesn't even believe it himself, but Todd has to turn absolutely nothing into something just so he can get some hits.

On second thought, maybe Todd can be Chere's replacement since they are both basically doing the same thing now.

He should have a contract from the Devils.  IMO he is a much better player than both Little Gio and Bernier.

I love Brodeur and what he did for this franchise, but this story is never going away until Marty retires.  And even then, for the first year or 2 afterwards I can see "reporters" like Chere bringing up the possibility of Marty coming out of retirement to play because of some injury or ineffective play by the backup.

I have nothing but good things to say about Marty, but the last thing I want is to see is him come back here in a backup role, struggle when he gets his much-less-frequent starts, then read him grousing about how hard it is to be a full-time backup, and how he needs more minutes to play better, etc

Hmmm, I've seen this movie before... Not interested in seeing it again !

What happens if Carter shows up to camp and sustains an injury on the first day without a contract? The Devils aren't obligated to offer him a contract after something like that so this could be a huge risk for Carter.

my first thought exactly.  Carter is playing for free here, this is basically a try out

my first thought exactly. Carter is playing for free here, this is basically a try out

It's a risk, but he's otherwise without a contract. It could be he had to take the Devils camp invite or not play at all.

So if that's the case, he takes the risk in exchange for a shot at extending his career.

I am sorry I don't understand what is going on here. Carter is better than Gionta and Bernier and Lou signed both but not Carter. Carter maybe wanted more and other teams were interested in him but he never signed anywhere and now he is a tryout with the Devils? What is going on under the table? Why should he risk injury during a tryout? I am confused. Help please.

Edited by BostonNala370