Quoting

sammyk

DM, not that it is an issue (maybe it is!) but do you have a way to set it so that when replying it only quotes the last response by default? I've seen other invision boards do it so I was just wondering. Could cut down on the clutter at times...which I am also guilty of!

Now see I wanted to quote what Satan's Child said and Don. Sometimes if you don't have both replies, your reply doesn't make sense. But I only got what Don said in my reply?  :noclue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, the problem is that sometimes there are six or seven, even up to 10 quotes in a post...and after all that quoting, the post itself will be a simple two or three word post. It's quite annoying and a whole lot of clutter. We either clean up the quoting or ask people not to quote so much. Right now it seems easier to use the filter.

Now see I wanted to quote what Satan's Child said and Don. Sometimes if you don't have both replies, your reply doesn't make sense. But I only got what Don said in my reply?  :noclue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can click the "Quote" button for each post and it will put all those posts in your post.

Like this EXTREME example:

DM, not that it is an issue (maybe it is!) but do you have a way to set it so that when replying it only quotes the last response by default? I've seen other invision boards do it so I was just wondering. Could cut down on the clutter at times...which I am also guilty of!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'Tis possible, but is it something we want?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YES!!!!!! :pray:^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh that would be really cool if you could do that. Sometimes it gets annoying when people will quote a message that has 4 other quotes in it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't believe you're asking that as an Admin! Are you not for less clutter!? :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK I will enable the quote nesting catcher.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:hail:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Test.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK it works obviously. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:hail:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for that! I think this makes life around the boards much easier DM! :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I liked the way it was.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yer outvoted. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now see I wanted to quote what Satan's Child said and Don. Sometimes if you don't have both replies, your reply doesn't make sense. But I only got what Don said in my reply? :noclue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, the problem is that sometimes there are six or seven, even up to 10 quotes in a post...and after all that quoting, the post itself will be a simple two or three word post. It's quite annoying and a whole lot of clutter. We either clean up the quoting or ask people not to quote so much. Right now it seems easier to use the filter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I know. I always edited out the parts of quoted posts that I didn't need. Eh there's always cut and paste. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can click the "Quote" button for each post and it will put all those posts in your post.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps you're right...as I don't see any extra tags...I'll say this though it is not nearly as extreme as...EXTREME TABLE TENNIS! :hail:

Y'know, I was thinking about that when I was writing the post... should've put it in. :doh1:

Okay, I figured it out. It can handle up to ten different quote sections. After that, it breaks.

Edited by RowdyFan42