GDT Devils vs. Leafs

ZeroGravityFat

C'mon, everything's Marty's fault. The sharks are smellin' chum in the water tonight...

Lol actually I didn't mean it like that. I used bad wording. I think he did well but because of no help from the defense he was having a rough time. At least two if not all goals against were not his fault.

Take the point.....and sit Martys a$$ a few games......Moose throws a shutout and sits....now Marty needs to.

I wouldn't sit Marty for this but I still wonder why when moose posts a shutout he usually sits the next game. I usually see it where they ride the goalies shutout streak into the next game

I wouldn't sit Marty for this but I still wonder why when moose posts a shutout he usually sits the next game. I usually see it where they ride the goalies shutout streak into the next game

I didn't mean to sit him because of this game....its just that Moose is playing well and the team seems to play better in front of him.

Another pathetic performance on home ice against a garbage team. Go ahead and come up with the excuses you want--you need to win these type of games. Marty was atrocious tonight.

lol. yeah a pathetic performance, the devils crushed the leafs, didn't get the bounces, the leafs did, and marty was perfectly fine tonight.

Well goal two was definitely on Marty, but how many games lately has he been the only one performing? Shoot, it took them long enough to get three goals on 46 shots. He's had a good enough record in the shootout that you can't really get on him for being bad in it tonight.

Bottom line is this team needs to score and on far better defenses and goalies than the Leafs to go anywhere.

lol. yeah a pathetic performance, the devils crushed the leafs, didn't get the bounces, the leafs did, and marty was perfectly fine tonight.

3 goals on 17 shots (and 9 goals in 2 games), plus 3 straight goals in the SO isn't what I call "perfectly fine". And it is another pathetic performance when you lose to the Leafs on home ice in a game where you can't afford to give up points. Show ruthless aggression(i.e. by going to the net instead of just shooting stationary from the point) and play 60 minutes. Is that too much to ask?

• Like 1

3 goals on 17 shots (and 9 goals in 2 games), plus 3 straight goals in the SO isn't what I call "perfectly fine". And it is another pathetic performance when you lose to the Leafs on home ice in a game where you can't afford to give up points. Show ruthless aggression(i.e. by going to the net instead of just shooting stationary from the point) and play 60 minutes. Is that too much to ask?

Who cares about the shootout? They don't have it in the playoffs.

Home ice? Again, who cares, it's a tiny advantage.

So now we have to get down to allowing 3 goals in 17 shots. Well, that's certainly not pretty. Goal 1 was a fluke bounce, Goal 2 was poor coverage, and Goal 3 was very poor coverage. So yeah, they have to get better, but I don't really see why they won't.

Oh weird.

We changed the lines and scored a few goals?

Never would have thought!

Overall poor performance by this team. Extremely soft and looking around on defense isn't going to result in anything good.

Glad we got a point but we should have dominates this team.

Marty can't always bail this team out in the shootout.

He won't even have a chance to in the playoffs.

Ok then you explain 3 goals on 45 shots.. Reimer the next Lundqvist?

We got all the bounces shortly after the all star break, or is that just taken for granted?

Not good shot selection and shooting it directly at Reimer. Remember that nobody on the island? We do this all the time. We make AHL goalies look like gods. Oh and another first career point against us tonight.

almost 50 SOG. Toronto is thinking tee times, not hockey. they looked disinterested in their D zone

steckel had 18 FO wins though and 22 mins against the top line, not a bad game for him

boulton got benched early after that horrible 4th line shift, which set off a flurry of line changes.

the zach patty and clarkson line was real strong, although most of our lines were

almost 50 SOG. Toronto is thinking tee times, not hockey. they looked disinterested in their D zone

steckel had 18 FO wins though and 22 mins against the top line, not a bad game for him

boulton got benched early after that horrible 4th line shift, which set off a flurry of line changes.

the zach patty and clarkson line was real strong, although most of our lines were

We should try this against the Pens and see how we do.

Parise Elias Clarkson

Kovalchuk Henrique Zubrus

Ponikarovsky Josefson Sykora

Positives to take:

-Parise scored a very Parise-like goal by jamming away at the net

-Henrique finally got out of his slump, same with jj to an extent

-the team came back from being down two goals twice to get a point

-all around they crushed the leafs in shots and chances

-we are more than capable of fixing the problems that occurred last night

-got a chance to experiment a bit with the lines; that never hurts the future

That is just from the top of my head. With as meaningless as this loss will turn out to be, I think a lot of good things happened. Virtually zero offense in the last few games, that concern was ended after shelling the leafs. Much better than a 1-0 win with getting just 18 shots on net and also better than a 5-0 loss.

Edited by Devils Pride 26

Not good shot selection and shooting it directly at Reimer. Remember that nobody on the island? We do this all the time. We make AHL goalies look like gods. Oh and another first career point against us tonight.

You're bringing up the Nilsson game when we had like 18 shots as an example? This was completely the opposite. That game we didn't shoot enough, this game we clearly shot a ton. I thought the shot selection looked no different than any game since the All-Star break.. It just didn't go in the net as easily as it did during our hot stretch.. Could care less about first point against.. It happens