GDT 2/3/13: NJ Devils @ NY Islanders 3PM

NJDEVS1730

not to be that guy... but this team is missing Zach's energy, forecheck and relentless hustles around the puck carrier. I miss watching him stick lifting the sh!t of the puck carrier and turning back and forth and giving everything.

we miss that same energy on the PK, the point men have wayyy too much time to settle compared to when Zach was there putting pressure on them and was so quick to go back and forth and cut angles with his speed.

i wouldnt want his contract but fvck do i ever miss his efforts on the ice now. It's hell to play against Zach.

theyve killed penalties 14 of 40 mins

This. And the amazing thing is they've still had some great chances on the PK. Hard to score when you're man down for almost half the game to this point.

we miss that same energy on the PK, the point men have wayyy too much time to settle compared to when Zach was there putting pressure on them and was so quick to go back and forth and cut angles with his speed.

At least thats not the problem today,

We just need a solid third line to eat up a lot of minutes and chip in some goals. Until then we will struggle in the majority of games.

At least thats not the problem today,

We just need a solid third line to eat up a lot of minutes and chip in some goals. Until then we will struggle in the majority of games.

i could be wrong but (and everyone knows that i hate NJ's system by now) but for our system to work we HAD to have a crazy effort from everyone and for all line to put big pressure and forecheck to get good scoring chances. We we're in the playoffs so that's why the boys and the intensity was so good for us.

But it's hard to keep up all season long like that, the way they play they don't...( it sounds weird ) but they don't try to create creative ways to score goals, they make the same plays and try to score off opportunities. The best breakouts and offensive attacks that the Devils did in the last 2 years we're on the PK. cause they'd rush to the net to score and risk something. 5on5 they'll try to settle in the zone with all the guys and slow down the play and go for the point shot. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo often im watching other teams playing and they score and im like... mmm... the Devils would have never tried that play there... and it ended up a goals... so basically our system is very passive and structured and low risks but it's also a system where you REALLY have to use the opportunities you get out of it.

Most of our best plays and goals from last years we're scored off plays that went outside of the usual system and it was mostly always Clarkson or Henrique making the play.

Edited by SterioDesign

just trying to help. Whats the point of being angry all the time? with a different passive mindset, you'd feel a lot better. lol

I feel like I've heard this idea somewhere before...

Oh hey look, sending a guy to the net and throwing the puck towards Nabokov almost got a gift goal. Shocking that that idea might work. Though it could just have been the Isles being caught off guard by this insane new tactic.

HOLY sh!t A DEVILS POWERPLAY!

Edited by PWW

Streit just saved a goal there. Also, Butler has looked pretty good tonight when he's gotten a chance.

I'm not sure what Henrique did there to earn a penalty but whatever.

Edited by PWW