College Nights

Marv4Life

That IS the catch. And the fact that it's on Thursdays... But it's something lol

Well gee they also just had three different games that are $20 (per pair) discounts for everyone in the $65 section...it's like DevilinLA said a while back, if we're going to rag 'em - and rightly so - when they're lost, at least give em credit when they do something right for a change :P Who knows, maybe one or two more 'special' offers are coming even after this.

They must really be worried about that 1/8 Atlanta game since that was in both discounts - this one and and Turn Back the Clock night :lol:

Edited by Hasan4978

Well gee they also just had three different games that are $20 (per pair) discounts for everyone in the $65 section...it's like DevilinLA said a while back, if we're going to rag 'em - and rightly so - when they're lost, at least give em credit when they do something right for a change :P Who knows, maybe one or two more 'special' offers are coming even after this.

They must really be worried about that 1/8 Atlanta game since that was in both discounts - this one and and Turn Back the Clock night :lol:

Maybe they think we'll stay away in droves the way Atlanta fans did last week when we were there.

I have to say, the Turn Back The Clock night ones seem like a better deal, but I'll probably take up the offer on most if not all of these college night things, just to support the idea. It's about damn time they started really doing something geared towards college kids, considering just the sheer number of colleges in this area.

Does graduate school count? My fiance does have a college e-mail address right now through her graduate program. I shouldn't feel guilty about thinking what I'm thinking, right???

Now if the Devils will just run some promotions on the $100 mezzanine seats or lower those prices altogether, maybe, just maybe, we'll sellout a non-Ranger game.

Edited by pattyelias

I have a lot of friends who are Leafs fans, and 4 of them went to buy tix at the B.O....outside the box was a guy handing out FREE TICKETS to sit in the balcony, and they moved down to sit in the lower sections while other people paying $115 sitting around them.

They are getting into dangerous territory here.

I have a lot of friends who are Leafs fans, and 4 of them went to buy tix at the B.O....outside the box was a guy handing out FREE TICKETS to sit in the balcony, and they moved down to sit in the lower sections while other people paying $115 sitting around them.

They are getting into dangerous territory here.

I heard the same rumor too from another Leafs fan. But, really, how many people came to this game without tickets?

It doesn't matter. People are paying a ton of money to go to these games and they dug their own grave in pricing these sections. They are pissing off a lot of people by giving away tickets for nothing when people who sit nearby are paying a lot more. Do you really want to piss off more season ticket holders who are paying outlandish prices, when they are giving other seats away for FREE?

It doesn't matter. People are paying a ton of money to go to these games and they dug their own grave in pricing these sections. They are pissing off a lot of people by giving away tickets for nothing when people who sit nearby are paying a lot more. Do you really want to piss off more season ticket holders who are paying outlandish prices, when they are giving other seats away for FREE?

I'm not paying outlandish prices, not to mention, I consider my STH's a donation. This isn't Toronto, they sure as hell aren't an investment.

Also, the worst kept secret in hockey is that most teams paper 500 to 1,000 a night. Others have papered much more than that. You don't want to be Nets blatant in doing it, though, which this looks like it was.

i love this promotion! as a poor college student i plan on goin to every1 of these games and i think they should add a couple more games to the back end of it. make it like every thursday night game but throw in a few higher profile games on a friday or saturday just to get peoples attention that they are doing this.

as maxpower notes, teams have been doing this for years. the lightning definitely did a lot of it.

the problem is that you reach a point where STHs are tired of the lifeless building and they leave too - it continues to build. i think this is smart business and that the STHs should get over themselves.

Actually Thursday nights make a lot of sense for college students- since most of them, other than first-semester freshmen do not schedule classes on Fridays, Thursday is the beginning of the weekend and a good time for college kids to go to a game, especially with all the colleges in the Newark vicinity.

The "College Rush" plan here in DC has been very well-received, and it's not as 'generous' as the Devils since you can only get those tickets on the day of the game by going in person to the box office at the Verizon Center. Any promotion that helps fill the building and get more crowd energy has my vote of support :clap::clap::clap: