‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

It's free agency. Can't rule out anything. How many people saw the Devils locking up Kovy for 15 years?

It's free agency. Can't rule out anything. How many people saw the Devils locking up Kovy for 15 years?

I have been scary good on my predictions :ph34r: got that one right and I told my friend last october it would be Kings/Devils, I actually wrote it on a piece of paper which issomewhere in my apartment. I am ponitficating my prediction right now.

EDIT: Parise will get an 8 year 62 million dollar contract from us.

Edited by Zubie#8

I have been scary good on my predictions :ph34r: got that one right and I told my friend last october it would be Kings/Devils, I actually wrote it on a piece of paper which issomewhere in my apartment. I am ponitficating my prediction right now.

EDIT: Parise will get an 8 year 62 million dollar contract from us.

I'm sure you didn't think the Devils were signing him up for 15 years though. At most, I think 8-10 years was what most people thought.

I'm sure you didn't think the Devils were signing him up for 15 years though. At most, I think 8-10 years was what most people thought.

I got the length spot on, it was just luck, no one could of predicted the monetary structure of that deal though haha. I wish I posted my Stanley Cup prediction back in October, I was not an active member on here as I am now.

Edited by Zubie#8

Meh I'm doing myself a favor and rarely checking for updates. Nothing will happen until after the draft, we can be pretty sure of that.

But, just to contribute to the discussion, our favorite 'reporter' in the world, Єklund (2.3% accurate), posted this rumor today:

Parise's Rights to Colorado

Now, I happened to see some random person on twitter posted this rumor yesterday, so he could just be piggy backing off that. Just take the (EXTREMELY UN-CREDIBLE) rumor for what it's worth.

Edit: It's not Єklund (2.3% accurate) apparently, it's Aaron Musick. Nonetheless, it's on hockeybuzz, so it's likely baseless.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Meh I'm doing myself a favor and rarely checking for updates. Nothing will happen until after the draft, we can be pretty sure of that.

But, just to contribute to the discussion, our favorite 'reporter' in the world, Єklund (2.3% accurate), posted this rumor today:

Now, I happened to see some random person on twitter posted this rumor yesterday, so he could just be piggy backing off that. Just take the (EXTREMELY UN-CREDIBLE) rumor for what it's worth.

Edit: It's not Єklund (2.3% accurate) apparently, it's Aaron Musick. Nonetheless, it's on hockeybuzz, so it's likely baseless.

Yeah, right.... The only way this happens is if Lou is trying to cheat the system by getting a pick for Parise before he resigns him or if he knows Parise is going to leave(and even if that was the case, I'd still doubt Lou would trade him for his rights).

I agree, and as a follow up:

Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell (Devils writer for The Hockey News)

I don't know who started the rumor, but Zach Parise's rights have not and will not be traded to Colorado.

Hockeybuzz fails again.

Єklund (2.3% accurate) makes up sh!t and the stuff he "breaks" are posted minutes after another credible source actually breaks the news.

'm still waiting on Marleau to be traded here. Єklund (2.3% accurate) said he was.

Imagine if we got Landeskog in return. :whistling:

Asked by New Jersey media last week about joining the New York Rangers, Parise gave an emphatic "no way."

He clarified the statement Wednesday.

"I was put on the spot there a little bit," he said. "We'll see what happens."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/159821785.html

Yeah not too surprising. It was clear he was riding the high of the postseason. Once the dust settles even if he doesn't want to go to NY, it makes no sense to publicly eliminate them as a bidder other GMs have to fear.

ANYBODY that thinks they are keeping Parise for less then $7.5M is ONLY kidding themselves.

That would be a 25% raise and agreeable amount for the most part. 8-10 year contract is what we are looking at no less I would imagine.

Those who think he is going to take 6 or 7m are low balling the situation, plus you probably don't want to insult the guy either.

Lets see how this works itself out.

ANYBODY that thinks they are keeping Parise for less then $7.5M is ONLY kidding themselves.

That would be a 25% raise and agreeable amount for the most part. 8-10 year contract is what we are looking at no less I would imagine.

Those who think he is going to take 6 or 7m are low balling the situation, plus you probably don't want to insult the guy either.

I think people who are saying 6 or 7 million are factoring in low back end years that would bring down the overall cap hit, which makes sense. I think the Devils will probably attempt to offer a deal that has a slightly lower first couple of years to offset the large Kovy payments of 11 million plus for the next 5 seasons.

Horsesh!t.

The rumored deal is Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Chuck Kobasew, the 41st overall pick this year and a first round pick in 2013 (risky since that could be a guaranteed number 11 pick if there is a lockout) for Parise and Johan Hedberg.

How the hell are we trading Hedberg? He's a UFA as well.

The source of the rumor is some place called "Eurolanche" and this Musick guy is just regurgitating it. Reading it from the source, it reads like some fan's hope for a sh!t deal to be taken.

Horsesh!t.

How the hell are we trading Hedberg? He's a UFA as well.

The source of the rumor is some place called "Eurolanche" and this Musick guy is just regurgitating it. Reading it from the source, it reads like some fan's hope for a sh!t deal to be taken.

Can anyone tell me the last time anything of significant value was traded for negotiating rights? It's usually something like a third or fourth round pick.

well it depends at what you're looking at in comparison for his cap hit... some guys have bad contracts and overpayment while some other took a discount and are worth every single penny.

out of all the guys getting 7+millions in cap hit... (Rinne, Doughty, Iginla, Spezza, Vanek, Campbell, Gomez, Gaborik, Heatley, Levavalier, Nash, Staal, Crosby, Ovechkin) only 6 of them are worth that to me (rinne, doughty, crosby, ovechkin, spezza and iggy)

then theres guys like the sedins, zetterberg, dastyuk, backstrom, mike richards, sharp, toews who "should" deserve a little bit more than what they have

well it depends at what you're looking at in comparison for his cap hit... some guys have bad contracts and overpayment while some other took a discount and are worth every single penny.

out of all the guys getting 7+millions in cap hit... (Rinne, Doughty, Iginla, Spezza, Vanek, Campbell, Gomez, Gaborik, Heatley, Levavalier, Nash, Staal, Crosby, Ovechkin) only 6 of them are worth that to me (rinne, doughty, crosby, ovechkin, spezza and iggy)

then theres guys like the sedins, zetterberg, dastyuk, backstrom, mike richards, sharp, toews who "should" deserve a little bit more than what they have

The Sedins and a couple of the Detroit players clearly accepted lower then market price contracts so they could stay together on a "winning" team. Who knows what Zach is thinking. It's certainly hard for Lou to argue moderation when he'll be playing next to Kovys $100M contract.

The Sedins and a couple of the Detroit players clearly accepted lower then market price contracts so they could stay together on a "winning" team. Who knows what Zach is thinking. It's certainly hard for Lou to argue moderation when he'll be playing next to Kovys $100M contract.

of course but Kovy also outproduced Zach during the season and in the playoffs even if he was playing at like 60%

Kovy also had a better career, hardwares and productions when he signed his deal than Zach. So i cant see him getting more than kovy really

of course Zach has heart and everything... but if you could get paid for that... Steve Begin would be making a lot more money lol

Edited by SterioDesign

Just saw a pretty damn close Parise look-a-like at Frankford Hall in Philly.. Bad juju if you ask me.. A Parise Giroux line would be scary

Not worried too much about that happening. They dont have the cap space, at least not now.

Z. Michalek traded to PHX. Penguins clearing cap space.

I swear Parise, I'll fvcking flip a sh!t if you sign in Pitt.

It's getting to be a very frightening possibility. If, by Tuesday, we get more status quo bullsh!t from Lou, that's where Zach's going to end up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.