Next Time Somebody Argues That Hockey Players Aren't As Tough As F

MDPucks

Ugh man. I saw the clip of this on NHL network the day it happened, it was hard to watch once you see the guy try to hop over him and you know what's about to happen. I'm willing to bet that if not all of team, at least he's going to be wearing his helmet for all the warmups from now on. He's lucky it wasn't worse. I can just imagine that this could have ended up being another incident like what happened to Zednik a couple years ago. Thankfully it wasn't and it seems like he'll be fine. Just goes to show you that this game can be dangerous at all times and the proper equipment should be worn to prevent these injuries from happening or at the very least, to set an example for the next generation of hockey players, who are watching these games, to always wear a helmet/visor, etc.

holyyyyyy sh!t... i have not seen this, i haven't seen the actual video, and im not sure i want too.. damn

the video isnt gross... you dont really see

its not even close to be gross like the Clint Malarchuk video... man that was HORRIBLE

Edited by SterioDesign

Not to pick and I'm sure Hall is tough as nails but this doesn't really show it. It's not like he got back on the ice and played the rest of the game and nor would I expect him to. I mean what would have been "not tough" in this situation? Not getting a skate in the face? Man, those baseball players are such wussies for not taking skates to the face.

Malarchuk on the other hand...300 stitches and almost died and back to practice a few days later...that's not even completely sane.

This is why hockey players are such badasses. Look at him, he's stitched up worse than a holiday sweater and he's just sucking it up. This is the difference between people and hockey players. When they break their backs, hips, and faces in the same corner of the rink, they're back in about 6 weeks. If any normal person did that they'd be hospitalized for just shy of a year

This is why hockey players are such badasses. Look at him, he's stitched up worse than a holiday sweater and he's just sucking it up. This is the difference between people and hockey players. When they break their backs, hips, and faces in the same corner of the rink, they're back in about 6 weeks. If any normal person did that they'd be hospitalized for just shy of a year

Lol i played really competitive soccer with a cast on my arm a few times and also cracked 3 of my ribs and finished the season eventhough i had to take really short breath

Can you really say kovalev or semin are badass with a straight face? Lol

Lol i played really competitive soccer with a cast on my arm a few times and also cracked 3 of my ribs and finished the season eventhough i had to take really short breath

Can you really say kovalev or semin are badass with a straight face? Lol

Using one example and it being a small and unprofessional one, doesn't prove to even be an exception to the rule. You lose credibility however, when you imply that soccer players measure up to hockey players in toughness. What an insult.

Edited by ben00rs

Who stitched him up. Frankenstein??? When they said 30 stitches, I figured they meant the micro stitches they now use as "scarless," not sail thread!!! That's much worse than I heard it was. That poor kid!! His mother must be freaking!

mother is making him wear a helmet in warm ups now