NFL Week 4

CRASHER

Last week was a pretty damn fun week of football wasn't it? Come from behind comebacks.....upsets, and not to mention our beloved Dumbo finding a way to beat the Redskins AND making sure this Cowboys fan STILL won his fantasy football game (that's pretty VINTAGE redemption in my eyes!)...just another week in the NFL, though I do feel like I mailed it in a lil in that preview last week hurrying to get it done....so let's get this one right shall we?

Sunday October 2:

1pm:

Detroit at Dallas:

For an "it's only week 4 game" this one has a LOT of implications....Lions are undefeated, and the Cowboys are right back in that typical "well they've given you just enough hope again to pull the rug out from under you and smack you in the face AGAIN (you'd think ONCE a season would be enough :P )....and these teams do seem evenly matched?? Can the Cowboys slow down Calvin Johnson? (probably not....can Terence Newman stay the hell off the injury list? DEFINITELY not....), can the Lions slow down the Cowboys D and their league leading 13 sacks? (Matt Stafford sure as hell hopes so).....the Cowboys O-Line and Dumbo's bad ribs vs the strength of the Lions in their front 4....there's much in big matchups here.....the Cowboys have faced teams like the Lions before (and even this season)...while the Lions have beaten, KC.... Tampa....and the Vikings? I'm trying to look at this as NOT a fan (or I'd give Dallas no chance, like I said, the rug been pulled out too many times...), it's just hard to pick a team based on a QB-WR combo alone, this is why I can not take the Lions......this should be a must-watch game though.....

Winner: Dallas

Game Quality: ****

Steelers at Houston:

Boy oh Boy did the Steelers look like a pile of Mike Vick leftover dogsh!t last week?? Thankfully for them the Colts are a turnover factory....hell even Dumbo had to sit (in much pain I bet) and watch this game and go "oh sh!t the Steelers have an AWFUL O-Line"....probably brought back nightmares too...anyway, this ain't the Colts defense this week....it's Mario Williams and 290 pounds of angry LB coming at ya Ben (it's ok I'd have another drink knowing that...hell I'd make it a double too....), and it's not like the Steelers have a running game....or even reserve O-Line-men ....to rely on.... we all know i have no love for this Houston team (and looks like my hopes in seeing them FAIL now lie with the Titans and Matt Hasselbeck)....but the Texans are doing too much right for the Steelers to get past, though you KNOW if Houston blows this I'm gonna be all over them next week.....

Winner: Texans

Game Quality: *** 1/2

Carolina at Chicago:

Oi....are there any QBs in the NFL I'm less of a fan of then these guys?? (OK Mike Vick, but least he offers fantasy football goodness)....hell Jay Cutler's own team don't like him...it's why he gets sacked so much....least the monsoon took sCam Newton and put his numbers back down to Earth...it was kinda funny I admit to hear sCam go "Julius Peppers is a big dude...he scares me"....he SHOULD....I don't really have much on this, I wish Chicago would admit this Mike Martz thing ain't working and it never will in a non-dome situation....and I'm taking the team that seems on the up, as opposed to the team taking the Owen Hart Swan-Dive......

Winner: Carolina

Game Quality: ***

Vikings at Chiefs:

OH MAN DID I HAVE TEARS OF JOY AT THIS ONE!!!! The two WORST TEAMS MAYBE EVER ARE LOCKING UP!!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub:.....I am sooooo fired up!!!! We have the Vikings that have yet to meet a lead that they can't blow (and make change of a $20 from).....and the Chiefs who give up 40-burgers like the Labor Day BBQ is still going on!! Man I'm excited!!!! Any good players the Chiefs have are injured...and even worse Matt Cassel is still there throwing screen passes into the belly of D-Linemen (see the San Diego commentary for more on that)....the Vikings have some players, but they also have a ban on using Adrian Peterson in the 2nd half (in the interest of fairness ....of course!)....no passing game and a washed up QB.....is it 1pm on Sunday yet??? I want it to be!!!

(still not Sunday??)

....oh wait....I gotta pick a winner?!?!!?!? I can't do that!!!

Winner: TIE!!!!!

Game Quality: ***** (This is the MOTHERLOAD OF ANTI-FOOTBALL!!!)

Bills at Bengals:

It's a RYAN FITZ HOMECOMING!!!! It's not very often you get a chance as a player to stick it to a team that never fully gave you a chance (Carson Palmer....HA!)...and this is the week for it....but look out....Marvin Lewis proclaimed this game a victory for his team (what Gradkowski is starting?? He's the reason you won the only game you DID)....I guess keeping Benson off the suspended list and out of jail has Marvin all fired up.....the only concern here is this is virgin territory for the Bills (well unless you mention names like Thomas, Smith and Kelly)....they're the good team, and EXPECTED to win these kinda games....being expected to lose is nothing new for the Bengals so they're used to that....this has letdown written all over it for the Bills, but this team has such a miracle "never say quit" (hell I'd even call it the anti-Argentinian standard) attitude....Coffee and Croissant-fueled greatness ...and it moves on this week.....I BILL-IEVE!!!!!!!!!

Winner: Bills

Game Quality: ** 1/2

Titans at Browns:

Matt Hasselbeck....come back player of the year?? He's starting to be the frontrunner for that me thinks (nah, we didn't need HIM in Seattle, right?)....Chris Johnson's rushing totals look like a good HALF of football for him at this point....and now Kenny Britt's gonna need crutches to get into that Bayonne courtroom....least for once the Titans got an ACTUAL QB playing the game (yes I'm insulting you Vince Young...how's that hamstring?? Asshat!!)....I don't know who the hell Hasselbeck is throwing the ball too....but it's working...yes Colt McCoy is playing well and doing good things, but the Browns WR corps makes the Titans one look all-pro (seriously)...the Titans just have a strange kind of magic going this year....least so far....while the Browns only beat the Colts and a gift from the Dolphins.....CM Punk is not impressed.....neither am i.....

Winner: Titans

Game Quality: **

Redskins at Rams:

Amazing that the Redskins are STILL whining about Dumbo's ribs?? Really?? If any team has a right to whine about pain it's the Rams...but if any city deserves the pain and suffering....it IS St. Louis (CMON GRUDGES!), the Redskins can run the ball and play defense and as long as Rex takes the right vitamins, he's a solid dude....this is more hope and direction then the Rams have this year (what is it with me previewing the NFC Worst, picking a team...saying "hey they look good, I should pick them" and they go tits-up by week 4?? Really?!?!?!)....Maybe the Redskins can play better when they worry about just hitting the QB and not targeting his ribs??

Winner: Redskins

49ers at Eagles:

Michael Vick's running around talking about being hit too much and not getting the calls, and I swear the more he talks the more he sounds like R-Truth cutting a promo on "conspiracies" (maybe this means HHH gonna fire Vick, or at least cut him from his fantasy football team, so he can work on his patented Vince McManon "you'rreeee FIRED!!" line).....it's only a matter of time before Vick starts calling the NFL refs and off-field officials as "Lil Jimmies!" and Roger Goodell hits him with a sledgehammer (it's actually been amazing that the NFL's head Nazi hasn't suspended someone yet this year, well aside this Benson idiocy.....).....Frank Gore is gimping around (I kinda wish he'd SIT, let the backup play....you know the guy who GETS in the end zone), and this is the kinda team the Eagles could beat with Mike Kafka as QB, maybe Vick can stay the hell out of the kennel this week and not get hurt?? Not like the 49ers are lining up Charles Haley, right? Not too much to see here aside of fantasy stats....

Winner: Eagles

Saints at Jaguars:

Can Jacksonville be the worst team in the league?? OK, aside of the Chiefs and Vikings...but still the Jags are pretty damned putrid unless they're playing in a slip n slide downpour! The Saints are having trouble on D, undecided at running back, but still the combination of Drew Brees to <random wr="" x="">, where "x" is whoever the hell is open, that's good damned enough to beat most teams, and CERTAINLY enough to stop Jacksonville....</random>

Winner: Saints

Game Quality: DUD

4pm:

Falcons at Seattle:

This is one of those "why God why??" kinda games....and not in the fun way of a 5-star anti-football epic either :P

Atlanta can't play defense, can't protect the QB, and had forgotten about their running game....Seattle has Tavares Jackson and a bunch of USC rejects who ran the hell outta school to avoid double-secret probation! But still somehow Seattle won last week (God knows how *cough cough-ARIZONA* )....and Atlanta's losses at least come against legit opponents.....the Seahawks are NOT this....

Winner: Falcons

Game Quality: ** (this has comic potential!)

Giants at Arizona:

I'm so iffy on this one....the Giants are getting healthy bodies back, but the Cardinals ALWAYS play them tough....but how tough can you be when YOU JUST LOST TO SEATTLE (damn shame how much fun could I have had with a 2-1 Cardinals taunting a 1-2 Mike Vick lead Eagles...ah well), if the Cardinals want to win this game Larry Fitz, better start looking like the best goddamn WR in football (would be nice for Kolb to get the ball to him more), and Eli better not look like he did last week....we need the old El-I-N-T to come back!! But the more I look and think about it, the more down I am on Arizona...again, and the more likely the Giants will look like a healthy and solid football team here......

Winner: Giants

Patriots at Raiders:

This is a strange game to call....Raiders have momentum (and McFadden is still running on the Jets as we speak), but the Pats got a bit exposed by Buffalo (in a way it's the "same old Pats" since the Super Bowl loss...they have an absurd offense that jumps out and dominates on a lesser team that can't keep up, but when you go toe to toe with them, they get all panicky and get one-dimensional....and yeah they'll put up stupid passing numbers (right Wes Welker owners?), but in the end their own arrogance gets to them and they don't do the right thing and they snub the running game and the defense comes up short and the other team beats them after bloodying their nose....now the Raider may not have the run n gun fly up the field offense (mostly because their QB sucks ...) to keep up with them, but they do have a damn good running game and a front 4 that will make some noise and rattle Brady (you don't think this game is like a Super Bowl to Richard Seymour?? You're nuts if you don't think so....)....this is a dangerous game for New England, not to mention this oddity in the schedule where some teams play a whole opposing division 4 weeks in a row, I just find it hard to see New England losing two in a row, which MIGHT be a "I'm still doubting the Raiders" mindset....well go prove me wrong boys, until then....I'm picking the bullies....which is kinda fitting for me, cause I'm sick to hell of all the "anti-bullying" things out there now....we've taken away winning and losing from kids, we're taking away name calling, now we're trying to take this away too....I know it sucks, but it's sucking it up and overcoming these adversities as a child that PREPARES you for real life as an adult...any wonder why we've become a society of pansies (oh no, they might write another nasty letter to Mike Milbury for that one too like they did on Hockey Night in Canada last year!)

Winner: Patriots (Pats are 25-2 after a loss, damn!)

Game Quality: ***

Denver at Green Bay:

Can it get any worse for the Broncos? Well I guess they could listen to the idiot fans and start Tim Tebow, Mister Religious prays enough....let him pray for mercy from opposing defenses! I don't think prayers will help, especially if the ghost of Reggie White is watching over Lambeau Field (as intrigued as I am by the Reggie White/Jerome Brown piece, I get creeped the frak out when I hear Reggie singing Amazing Grace at the start of the commercial)....not much to talk about in this game because the Broncos have no chance on God's Green and Blue Earth in this game!!!

Winner: Packers

Game Quality: DUD (playing the role of the Brooklyn Brawler, the Denver Broncos!)

Miami at San Diego:

Man, the NFL schedule makers were KIND to the Chargers weren't they?? It was like they were hell-bent on making the Chargers GOOD this year (guess looking at the AFC West I don't blame them)....but the Chargers did try their damndest to screw it up ANYWAY.....case in point last week..... 4th and short around the 42 yard line, 1:22 left in the game, Chiefs out of time-outs....Chargers opt to go for it....ok, I can see that (still dumb though), they decide a QB sneak (better then giving the ball to the guy 7 yards deep, okay)....but they decide to be cute and try to quick snap the ball with 22 seconds on the play clock to "get the Chiefs off-guard.....seriously?? Lucky for them the Chiefs are just as pathetic....and Laflamme in a moment of Nostradamus turns and goes "dude it's Matt Cassel....he sucks...here comes the INT....and low and behold....not only was it an INT....but MATT CASSELL THROWS A SCREEN PASS RIGHT INTO THE GUY'S STOMACH.....seriously....he botched a goddamn screen pass....and I picked that team to win this week....Jesus!!!)

Soooo....anyhow....I'm convinced the Dolphins have gone belly-up and it's all on Sporano, he's had plenty of time and chances with this team and he's gone backwards Rich Kotite-style with this team and this is the year it explodes, which is amazing...this team has talent...good backs, dominant WR, decent TE's, good personnel on D, even Chad Henne looks like he's taking a step forward and they STILL find ways to lose.....this is what happens when the J-Lo is allowed to be a part of your franchise :P.....so as inept and September-stupid as the Chargers are, the Dolphins are stupid through January....so yeah....gimmie 15 points on this one!!!

Winner: Chargers

Game Quality: ** 1/2 (there may be a lot of Dolphin-ranting coming from me...poor Brian!)

8pm:

Jets at Ravens:

Normally I'd say get your earplugs for this one...when these two teams meet the garbage pre-game talk between the two can make your damn ears bleed (I'll bet THEY call each other faggots and throw verbal bananas at each other without anyone running to the media or making entire cities crawl into the fetal position and apologize, like men when it's SAID on the field, it STAYS ON THE FIELD)....but the Jets have been awfully quiet after being humbled in the "Hot Dog Bowl".....not to mention though when you're a team built on running the ball and playing defense and you're 23rd in rushing and 2nd to last in STOPPING the run (and that includes that Jacksonville beatdown)....you ain't got much to brag about, and I'd venture to say even the most arrogant, full of himself Jets fan (and I think that dufus who calls Bruce Murray on XM all the time would qualify as this dude) HAS to take a step back and be worried ....'cause they really ain't been that good this year....and now the Jets schedule starts to get nasty...the Ravens aside from the blip against the Titans have been pretty steady and balanced on both sides of the ball....the Jets are still missing some key players, and it's in Baltimore....put on the Manta glasses, and crank up the Purple Haze for this one.....Manta-Vision goes Hi-Def and for an extra $3, you can see it in 3-D tonight!

Winner: Ravens

Game Quality: *** 1/2 (this should have some hittin!)

Monday October 3:

Indianapolis at Tampa Bay:

I realized this last week...it's going to ROYALLY piss me off if the Colts pull a David Robinson/Tim Duncan, "tank and pull the next great player out of the draft" thing with Peyton out for the season and Andrew Luck is drafted by the 0-16 Colts....there's plenty of teams out there with LEGIT garbage at QB, and this franchise would stumble into two in a row....it just don't seem fair to me as a sports fan....just saying....though Kansas City and Minnesota may push for the 0-16 honor as well.....like I said it would just annoy me on damn principle (yes I do ACTUALLY have said principles!), I think I can rant about that as much as I want here because this game is PUTRID, Curtis Painter is a turnover factory on a Sage Rosenfelds type level! And Tampa had a VERY impressive win in beating up and holding on against Atlanta last week.....so there's no doubt who's winning this one, and that Monday Night Raw better be good again (it won't though cause HHH has the burying shovel out again).....oh Madden 12, save us Monday Night!!!

Winner: Tampa Bay

Game Quality: DUD (CMONNNN Raw!!!)

NFL Week 4 Power Rankings:

AFC:

1. Bills, when you're #2, and you beat the old #1....CMONNNN!!!!!!

2. Baltimore....the Titans loss was eye-opening, but the best of a struggling rest.....

3. Oakland...they're running the ball awesomely, defense is better then I expected, boy was I WRONG......

4. New England....this team better learn more balance and less arrogance ASAP

5. Tennessee....doing it with the old man throwing and the billion dollar RB sucking, pretty impressive.....

NFC:

1. Green Bay....they almost make it look boring compared to everyone else....

2. Detroit.....everything's going right for them .....so far

3. Tampa Bay....STATEMENT win against Atlanta last week.....

4. New Orleans....that offense and that QB will keep them in every game and win most of them.....

5. Dallas....even the angriest of Cowboys fans has to be impressed with Dumbo...NO MORE SHOTGUN PLAYS DAMMIT!!!!

Spot-on about the Pats Crasher. The only way they get rid of that perception is to make some noise in the playoffs...even regular season success won't do it for them, based off last season.

I get that you have Brady and all and how good he is...but it BAFFLES me CR, that they don't run the ball MORE....with Green-Ellis he's a big dude that should be able to smash and slow things down which can only help that defense.....99 yard TDs are cute and all but they only put the defense right back on the field.....

I think Ndamukong Suh is going to give Romo nightmares. I've only see him play a handful of times, but I love the way he plays. Kyle Vanden Bosch is showing a little resurgence too (3 sacks in 3 games). Better hope those snap issues get cleared up. :P

It's scary to think the Texans are 5th in rushing and Foster has only 10 carries.

Not that anybody cares, but why the hell did Carolina extend DeAngelo Williams? Is there any doubt Jonathan Stewart is the more effective back at this point? I picked this up from Rotoworld: "DeAngelo Williams is averaging just 43.5 rushing yards and 3.6 yards per carry in his last 10 games dating back to last season. Meanwhile, Jonathan Stewart is averaging 73.0 yards and 5.3 yards per carry over his last 10 outings." Make the transition Carolina - Stewart should be your man!

Vikings/Chiefs: Forget anti-football... this is the Suck For Andrew Luck sweepstakes!

The Bengals' defense has actually looked good.... against Denver, Cleveland, and San Francisco. :doh1: Okay, this one might get ugly. I'm probably putting too much into 4 games but I'm starting to BILL-lieve (get it?!) that the Bills' offense is really, really good.

I said it last week: The Titans are in bizarro world; Hasselbeck leading the offense with Johnson doing absolutely nothing, and here they are at 2-1 with a very real chance of going 3-1 without Kenny Britt. Bizarre! Still don't see any chance they beat out the Texans for the division though.

The Rams look flat out terrible. Bradford looks worse than last year, Jackson has been hurting since the 1st play of the season, their #1 WR is down and out, their defense has given up the 2nd most yards on defense in the league. It seemed like they were down 21-0 in the blink of an eye last week. Eesh.

Not really going down on a limb here, but I'm calling it now: the Eagles are going to butt-rape the 49ers.

Oakland quietly ranks bottom 5 in defense and 7th worst in passing yards (for, not against). The angry Patriots can score. A lot. Maybe I'm underrating Oakland, but if the Pats can stop the run (easier said than done, obviously - just ask the Jets) I wouldn't expect them to have too many struggles.

Call me crazy, but I actually think the Dolphins MAY pull the upset this week. Yeah, I know... the Dolphins are a bottom 3 defense while the Chargers are somewhere in the top 10. But Rivers has been mediocre passer-rating wise and may not have targets V-Jax or Malcom Floyd. Ryan Mathews is also hurting. Daniel Thomas has quietly emerged as a useful running back for the fish and it's only a matter of time before Henne finds Marshall in the endzone more consistently... I think.

Jets/Ravens should be good, but oof, another Colts prime time game?

Edited by nmigliore

oh boy....a series of questions!!

1. Suh/ D-Line vs Dallas O-Line....practicing against Ware (and I read he's been working with the O-Line guys) is a BIG plus....the bigger problem seems to be the snaps, then the protections....for Christ's sake...if you have a guy who can't snap the ball (and that would make me scream at a HIGH SCHOOL GAME...how Ginger Coach has this through MULTIPLE CENTERS and in the NFL, it's inexcusable!), the line's been good enough, and not like you can't run on the Lions too....the key like a lot of teams....keep em off-balance....

2. Not really...the Texans did this with Steve Slaton too and he bellied up the next year....worrying about Andre Johnson makes it easier to run the ball too...

3. DR cares :lol:....gotta agree, and I've made it public in my "RB's are a dime a dozen" stance....but I think Carolina was really worried about having a running game to protect sCam out of the box, and that explains the over-payment....though bet Miami would rather have him over Reggie Bush now....

4. Don't forget the Colts in that mix....like I said....I will be LIVID if the Colts "Luck-Out"

5. CMON BILL-IEVING!!! :wub: ....the Bengals stink no doubting this :P

6. I do wonder if the Seattle could go back in time, they'd still have #8...imagine how BAD the Titans would be without....

7. Growing pains + the CRASHER NFC Worst hex....a powerful combo :lol:

8. There's a reason I put 14 points on this one in yahoo....

9. When/IF the Pats actually STOP an offense I'll give them credit for it....the Raiders can rush the QB, play tough and run the ball....all things New England has problems with

10. the Chargers are inept enough to screw this up....but I think the team is about ready to give up on Sporano and this is gonna get ugly this year...Bush has stunk with them, Miami just finds too many ways to LOSE at this point.....

11. Yeah, the pre-season schedule guessing game is a mean bitch sometimes :P

D-Williams is struggling right now. No question about it, but cutting him lose and hoping that J-Stew is healthy is not a good risk to take. Let's give it half a season before we judge. The offense they are running is completely different than any in the past.

As for calling an upset with the Chargers...never really an upset. That team winning, especially in September, is never a sure thing. They'll do something dumb to keep it close.

Edited by devilsrule33

I get that you have Brady and all and how good he is...but it BAFFLES me CR, that they don't run the ball MORE....with Green-Ellis he's a big dude that should be able to smash and slow things down which can only help that defense.....99 yard TDs are cute and all but they only put the defense right back on the field.....

That 99-yard was one of those flukey kind of things...not like they went super-deep on that one trying to make something happen.

But like you've pointed out, at some point you need BALANCE. The Pats have to start concerning themselves with keeping the other team's offense off the field, and if that means giving up some of the highlight-reel, stat-bloating stuff for some tough ground yardage and prolonged drives, so be it. Green-Ellis may not be a franchise back, but he's good enough.

Can't believe the Eagles lost... they had that game in the bag. Same for the Cowboys, though Detroit is at least a really good up-and-coming team.

Edit: wow, the Giants just caught a HUGE break. Cruz fumbled and they wouldn't let Arizona challenge it. Next play... TD to Hakeem Nicks. Ouch for the Cardinals...

Edited by nmigliore

oh man. Romo...just unreal. On a silver platter.

Love the Lions though. Little engine that could!

At least the Cowboys are in every game...this is an utter embarassment right now. I'd yank Sanchez's ass and cut this Colin Baxter right on the field :rant:

Edited by NJDevs4978

At least the Cowboys are in every game...this is an utter embarassment right now. I'd yank Sanchez's ass and cut this Colin Baxter right on the field :rant:

I'd rather lose by 50, then self-destruct in the second half EVERY TIME, thanks much

Leave it to when I'm going against the Manta-Vision Defense that the Jets become deer in headlights.....lovely......

I'd rather lose by 50, then self-destruct in the second half EVERY TIME, thanks much

Leave it to when I'm going against the Manta-Vision Defense that the Jets become deer in headlights.....lovely......

Yeah I'd say the same thing but it's a little different when you already got your lunch handed to you last week and you're on national TV this week. The Jets are ridiculously lucky they're within ten. I guess Jason Garrett or Leslie Fraser decided to go coach the Ravens for a nightcap...god, how many coaches in this league can be stupid enough to chuck the ball down the field when up 20+?

Damn...re: the Jets/Ravens game, it's amazing to see what a defense is SUPPOSED to look like. I can only dream of such things.

And re: the Pats, game wasn't quite as close as the score indicated...the Pats decided to be nice and not score late in the 4th when they had the ball at the Raiders' one...they made four half-hearted running attempts to get the ball in, but clearly weren't trying. Unfortunately, once they turned it over on downs, the Pat defense, which has been an absolute JOKE this season, who rarely puts anything resembling pressure on the opposing QB, and leaves receivers wide open all over the place, decided that, because the game was in hand, they really didn't have to try. So Jason Campbell...Jason fvckING Campbell!...for the second time in the game, takes his team right down the field with no resistance whatsoever and scores a TD. That drive made the Raiders' offensive numbers look more impressive than they were, but the Pat defense is hardly in the position to take plays/drives off. It would've been nice to have seen SOME level of pride, since Brady and Co. are stuck carrying them week after week after week. At least fvcking TRY!

They've now given up 477.5 yards/game. Pats may very well win on Sunday, but it's not going to surprise me one bit if Sanchez puts up a 4TD/380 yard-type day up in Foxboro.

Crasher, Imagine if the Ravens defense weren't so "overrated, old, slow and mediocre?" :hah:

Look at the offenses they've played :hah:

(scary part is this schedule doesn't get ANY tougher for them till the playoffs, there's more cupcakes on this slate then when my niece had her first day of Kindergarten.....Jesus :blink: )

Yes, because beating up on last years two AFC Championship teams is something any team can do.

Just as much as living in the past is the way to base how good a team is THIS year, if you think that's the same team they had last year you overdosed on car fumes

By this same "rationale" how is Detroit 4-0? The Bills 3-1?....and so on ......

Just as much as living in the past is the way to base how good a team is THIS year, if you think that's the same team they had last year you overdosed on car fumes

This from an individual who can't wait to boast about winning "Fantasy" Football LAST YEAR.