Devils acquire Loktionov

jagknife

I see this as a 3rd line move. Def gonna be him centering the 3rd line, maybe move JJ to wing too. Unless of course we got the steal of the century and managed a potential 2C for 5th rounder.

Lines of:

Henrique-Zajac-Kovy

JJ-Elias-Clarkson<-Could swap JJ & Elias if someone is looking good on the faceoffs. Or even swap Henrique down to 2LW or 2C and Patty up to 1LW.

Zubrus-Loktionov-Butler

CBGB

I don't see them moving JJ to the wing. They had him taking TONS of big faceoffs the other night against the rangers. I guess the could move him to wing and just have him take the draws but Im not a huge fan of that.

That's why I kind of left it open. I could see him take center and patty go to LW.

I dont think it was up to them. I think the HOF sets the rules for who gets engraved.

Teams can petition Bettman to make an exception, but I think there needs to be a reason to grant the exception like an injury or something that prevented him from playing in the 41 games.  I'm not sure if being close enough counts as a good enough reason, or if the Kings even petitioned Bettman though.

As far as Loki not getting his name on the cup, I read that there is a certain amount of room on the cup for "X" amount of names, but the owner of the Kings wanted his wife's name (and maybe some other family members) on the cup, so only the "main" group of players/coaches were included in the engraving.

As far as Loki not getting his name on the cup, I read that there is a certain amount of room on the cup for "X" amount of names, but the owner of the Kings wanted his wife's name (and maybe some other family members) on the cup, so only the "main" group of players/coaches were included in the engraving.

The Kings were 1 over the limit on names, but since it didn't put them over the limit for engraved lines the NHL was OK with it. The 1 extra was a part-owner who helped save the franchise from bankruptcy in '95. No wives or family members who have nothing to do with the team.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/30/sports/la-sp-kings-stanley-cup-ed-roski-20120930

Sounds like the Kings were really up against the limit for names, and rather than including a player who an exception could possibly be made for, they included a guy who helped save the franchise. I wouldn't begrudge them for making that call.

The Kings were 1 over the limit on names, but since it didn't put them over the limit for engraved lines the NHL was OK with it. The 1 extra was a part-owner who helped save the franchise from bankruptcy in '95. No wives or family members who have nothing to do with the team.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/30/sports/la-sp-kings-stanley-cup-ed-roski-20120930

Sounds like the Kings were really up against the limit for names, and rather than including a player who an exception could possibly be made for, they included a guy who helped save the franchise. I wouldn't begrudge them for making that call.

The internet says the '84 Oilers tried to put the owner's father's name on it. It's now covered by a line of the letter "x" repeated.

Seems like Loki got screwed on the cup name, as they took Westgarth (who was injured) and Drewiske over him due to seniority even though Loki played more games than both of them and appeared in 2 playoff games.  If he had played 2 more regular season games, he would have automatically qualified.  Also, looking at the picture of the Kings' names, it appears like they have room for 1 more name, but apparently they never even asked for an exception to put Loki on it.

Read the article on that link, it say's the wife's name is the second name engraved (then look at the picture, it's on there)

"The Stanley Cup made its first public appearance Saturday since the Kings’ names were inscribed on it, and the updated trophy contained a surprise.

The name of club co-owner Ed Roski, omitted from the original list submitted to the NHL and the Hockey Hall of Fame, is on the top line following the names of owner Phil Anschutz, Anschutz’s wife, Nancy, and Tim Leiweke, head of the Kings’ parent company. That gave the Kings 53 names on the Cup, one above the limit, but Roski’s ownership role was considered important enough for the league to add his name."

BTW, this article is pretty good in general, I see that Chuck already covered the names thing, but it's a good summary of the Kings' feelings about Loktionov:  http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/2013/02/why-was-it-stupid-to-trade-andrei-loktionov-lets-review/

That's pretty cool that the Bruins gave so many people SC rings, even the hot dog vendors!

BTW, this article is pretty good in general, I see that Chuck already covered the names thing, but it's a good summary of the Kings' feelings about Loktionov:  http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/2013/02/why-was-it-stupid-to-trade-andrei-loktionov-lets-review/

Really good read. Got me even more intrigued to see Loktionov play whenever he gets called up. 

Its an interesting read, what i found in other kings blogs reflected what is posted in this one, the fans generally seem dissapointed he has been let go.

Seems like Loki got screwed on the cup name, as they took Westgarth (who was injured) and Drewiske over him due to seniority even though Loki played more games than both of them and appeared in 2 playoff games.  If he had played 2 more regular season games, he would have automatically qualified.  Also, looking at the picture of the Kings' names, it appears like they have room for 1 more name, but apparently they never even asked for an exception to put Loki on it.

He defiantly did, considering the wife of the owner has her name on the cup as do two guys who made little to no contribution on the ice that year he was more than screwed. For them to not even make a case is just vindictive.

I’m not sure how I would have felt if I was Drewskie or Westgarth, I might have been inclined to turn the offer down. I felt bad enough when I played in my

teams playoff final and got to hold the cup last year after only playing in the final game and 3 regular season games (although the fact i missed the previous two finals due to injury made it a little bit less of an issue).

Read the article on that link, it say's the wife's name is the second name engraved (then look at the picture, it's on there)

"The Stanley Cup made its first public appearance Saturday since the Kings’ names were inscribed on it, and the updated trophy contained a surprise.

The name of club co-owner Ed Roski, omitted from the original list submitted to the NHL and the Hockey Hall of Fame, is on the top line following the names of owner Phil Anschutz, Anschutz’s wife, Nancy, and Tim Leiweke, head of the Kings’ parent company. That gave the Kings 53 names on the Cup, one above the limit, but Roski’s ownership role was considered important enough for the league to add his name."

And then this article (also from the LA Times) calls her an owner:

Owner Ed Roski, whose name wasn’t on the original list of 52 names the Kings had submitted for inclusion, appears on the top row, after owners Phil and Nancy Anschutz and AEG boss Tim Leiweke.

Andrei Loktionov was 21 last season. At that age, Pavel Datsyuk, Zach Parise and Henrik Zetterberg hadn’t played a single NHL game yet. Neither had Patrick Sharp, Mikko Koivu, Jason Pominville, Tomas Plekanec, Jussi Jokinen or Thomas Vanek. Jarret Stoll at that age had played 4 games, with 1 assist to show for it. Dustin Brown had played 31 games, with 1 goal and 4 assists under his belt. Logan Couture had played 25 games, 5 goals, 4 assists. Mike Cammalleri, 28 games, 5 goals, 3 assists. Semin, 10 goals; Milan Michalek, 1 goal; Frolov, 14 goals; Derek Roy, 9 goals.

But yeah, sure, Andrei Loktionov is a bust.

that put things into perspective ! 

We need more forward talent period. If he belongs in the top 9, we can figure out who moves to wing (my vote is Henrique). I'm confused they played Matteau last night rather than calling up Loki, though. They must be comitted to using Matteau. With that in mind, here are my lines:

Henrique Zajac Kovy

Elias JJ Clarkson

Matteau/Butler Loki Zubs

CBGB

If he pans out and Butler keeps playing well, we suddenly have 10 guys who can play top 9 minutes. I'm also hoping playing with a smart veteran who knows how to pass, and Clarkson, who he seemed to have some chemistry with a couple years ago, helps JJ.

I heard McGuire on WFAN with the Pope and he was RAVING about Andrei Loktionov. 

"It's this kind of move that makes Lou Lamerillo the best GM in the game.   Loktionov isn't big, but he doesn't need to be with Clarkson, Zubrus and Carter"  Brilliant move"

To be fair, when has McGuire ever been negative about a prospect?