People creating threads to their own blogs

It seems like more and more people keep creating threads with links to their own blogs. This is spam to me. I have no interest in reading blogs, something that anyone can create. Having a blog doesn't make you a legit writer.

I've avoided posting in any of those threads but I was curious to see what others think.

I agree that there does need to be some type of filtration process through DM or the admins. I forsee an issue with folks advertising their own product lines in Marketplace as well.

I don't begrudge anybody practicing their journalism chops, but the door probably could use a bouncer for those w/no interest in this site beyond serving their own needs.

I agree that there does need to be some type of filtration process through DM or the admins. I forsee an issue with folks advertising their own product lines in Marketplace as well.

I don't begrudge anybody practicing their journalism chops, but the door probably could use a bouncer for those w/no interest in this site beyond serving their own needs.

I think this sort of touches on something else as well. How about an advertising fee or donation to the site for members in the marketplace section who post here to advertise services as a business? (auto/player appearances, store inventory, personal products or lines).

Reason i suggest this is, after seeing that 2/3evil post in the marketplace section pimping his personal product line, i'm certain he joined just to advertise his apparel, not to be part of the njdevs community.

Edited by SJP20

I guess it comes down to self promotion that is rubbing people the wrong way. Commercially the auto signings/jersey sales are an area that I don't really follow so I don't know if they are established people or not. I agree if you come here and make money off the site, you should at the very least donate or something.

The blogs are something that can be followed in the news area, as most of the major bloggers have submitted RSS feeds to me so I can have them auto update in there.

unknown poster I did get your PM regarding this but I am so busy in 40 different directions I haven't had a chance to really think it through.

DM, thanks, no problem. No rush at all, get back at me when you can.

I agree that if the advertising comes from a business, there should be a donation thrown the site's way as a token of good faith and thanks.

Perhaps if those wishing to promote their blogs, they can put a link to this site in their blog as a small gesture?

Edited by SJP20

Nobody's naming names with regards to the blogs, but I'm pretty sure I know who and what everyone's talking about, and the reason that blog isn't already in the Blogs section is because the way it's set up now, we can't pull a RSS feed to automatically post items from there.

How about letting said bloggers post their own stuff in the blog section?? Since we know who those people are anyway (I know mine go there automatically so it's all good for me)

(though I will say a hockey article in hell gets 150 times the look then one in the RSS/newsfeed ever will)

maybe we can move the RSS feed to a sub-folder in hell to lessen the temptation since it's right there?

How about letting said bloggers post their own stuff in the blog section?? Since we know who those people are anyway (I know mine go there automatically so it's all good for me)

(though I will say a hockey article in hell gets 150 times the look then one in the RSS/newsfeed ever will)

maybe we can move the RSS feed to a sub-folder in hell to lessen the temptation since it's right there?

Good idea.