The Hockey News predictions for the year

roomtemp

Last year they had the Devils at 11th

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/41527-The-Hockey-News-201112-NHL-predictions.html

With the Maple Leafs, Sabres, Lightning, Hurricanes,and the Habs in front of us

This year looky looky

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/48196-The-Hockey-News-201213-NHL-regular-season-predictions-No-7.html

Devils are 11th again

I like how they stand by their assertion that our defense is "perilously thin" after literally this exact same group got us to the finals last year. But oh, don't forget folks that this team was "one goal away from being eliminated in round 1". What a joke.

That last line was the dumbest thing I've ever read. The lengths to which these morons will go to try and back up their moronic/wishful thinking opinions about the Devils long-rumored demise are hilarious. My message to all hockey media/fans of opposing and inferior organizations: We're the Devils. And we'll be there to piss in your beer once again, motherfvckers. So drink up and enjoy the taste.

• Like 1

Duh, didn't you guys know? ONE player is the difference of this team winning the eastern conference championship and being an 11th place team. Everyone can keep hating the Devils, we'll keep shutting them up. 5 cup appearances in 17 seasons... I mean I guess thats OK...

You want to attack us for our top 6, be my guest, but our bottom 6 and D are fvcking good. What a crock of sh!t. Hopefully they predict the lockout will last til Christmas, because that would mean we get a full season.

• Like 1

Gonna be honest here... I dig the disrespect every year. It's almost an honor as each of these sports writers wants to be the "one" to finally predict the Devils demise. Been happening for the better part of 20 years now, and once I read that I feel that all is right in the universe. Oh, and I love that last line. Hey, guess what there genius? We were also 2 goals away from winning the Stanley Cup. Keep up the good work!

It is kind of amazing when you really think about it...this team in recent years hasn't always had the most imposing names, yet with the exception of the '10-'11 season, they always seem to at least be competitive AND find their way into the playoffs. The Devils in most seasons have a way of squeezing more talent out of what they have than would ever seem possible on paper. That's what made '10-'11 so crazy, in that every possible thing that could've gone wrong to start that season did...I think 8 out of 10 seasons, that team manages to get into the playoffs.

In ways I'm not surprised by the predictions, and they stopped bothering me a long time ago. They don't mean much once the season starts...just writers with opinions. I do think the Devils will be OK without Parise, but the knee-jerk reaction from most writers (many of whom don't see nearly as many Devils games as we do) will be that the Devils are screwed without Zach. So be it. I've seen too many teams from all sports that supposed to fall apart due to the free-agent defection of a star player, yet recover quite well.

That being said, there are questions marks going into this season. Does Clarkson have 30 more goals in him? What does Brodeur have left? Can Zajac return to the 60-70 point from he showed a few seasons ago? Can the 4th line conjure up the same magic they showed in the playoffs? Will Elias be able to come close to the near-PPG production of last season?

I like how they stand by their assertion that our defense is "perilously thin" after literally this exact same group got us to the finals last year. But oh, don't forget folks that this team was "one goal away from being eliminated in round 1". What a joke.

In 2011, Boston was also one goal from being eliminated in round 1. Don't hear much about that from the media.

• Like 1

fvck The Hockey News. They're doing their best to make life miserable for Devils' fans who read their magazine this summer. The last three issues have had covers featuring the Kings, Parise and Suter, and now Quick and Lundqvist. I hope they choke on their stupid predictions.

Boston was one goal away from being eliminated in round 1 last year... We never heard things like that

Gonna be honest here... I dig the disrespect every year. It's almost an honor as each of these sports writers wants to be the "one" to finally predict the Devils demise. Been happening for the better part of 20 years now, and once I read that I feel that all is right in the universe. Oh, and I love that last line. Hey, guess what there genius? We were also 2 goals away from winning the Stanley Cup. Keep up the good work!

I'm with you!! I say, Shhhhhhh!