GDT: NJ Devils @ NY Islanders + Viewing Party

Colin226

He's right. I've played this game since i was 8 (almost 30 years) and taking a guy down on a brekaway or letting him go in alone is a wash.

Actually, giving him a penalty shot is an advantage. He has no one chasing him, can relax with the puck and isn't facing the same high speed quick thinking pressure of full speed action.

Given a choice, i'd rather do what i can to not take him down and try to disrupt his attempt.

But the shooter cannot go after the rebound and he also needs to ensure the puck is moving (except Briere). If I am Kovy, I will take him down because Moose is good at stopping penalty shots.

But the shooter cannot go after the rebound and he also needs to ensure the puck is moving (except Briere). If I am Kovy, I will take him down because Moose is good at stopping penalty shots.

Chances are the shooter won't get a rebound at full speed, real time game action.

The only way that happens is if the puck rebounds out to the side the shooter cuts to after the attmept or the shooter has so much time to slow the attmept down and bang home a rebound, if any. How many breakaways do you really see that clean that the shooter pics up his own rebound and gets or a shot off or scores?

It's all a game of chance. It's a quick descision when you're faced with it. The safe bet is to harass the shooter without drawing a call and the easy way is to haul him down. In this league with PS called every week it seems you know the league isn't going to have alot of tolerance for backchecking a shooter.

Kovalchuk looks great because they won.

Chances are the shooter won't get a rebound at full speed, real time game action.

The only way that happens is if the puck rebounds out to the side the shooter cuts to after the attmept or the shooter has so much time to slow the attmept down and bang home a rebound, if any. How many breakaways do you really see that clean that the shooter pics up his own rebound and gets or a shot off or scores?

It's all a game of chance. It's a quick descision when you're faced with it. The safe bet is to harass the shooter without drawing a call and the easy way is to haul him down. In this league with PS called every week it seems you know the league isn't going to have alot of tolerance for backchecking a shooter.

Kovalchuk looks great because they won.

But sometimes, the trailer bangs home the rebound and yes, given the Devils are excellent on PK, maybe Kovy should just try to harass the shooter.

I met him at a devils game. He's an islanders fan first and also a devils fan. I think every hockey player he meets signs the jerseys. He told me his favorite one was an ex ranger who loved the jersey and was more than happy to sign it. I can't remember which player though, I wanna say zherdev

LOL, that's pretty funny

Yea. Of course Washington makes the Rangers look amazing. Good news though. Flyers and Rangers play tomorrow. One of em has to lose. Although I'm sure they'll both go to OT.

The Rangers always give Washington a time just like the Islanders do the Devils. It's games like that make me think Washington still isn't winning a Cup.

Boyle is now on 4th line? Well, they contributed on the scoresheet tonight which is more then i can say for the Devils 4th line night in and night out.

Edited by SJP20

Islanders always troll the Devils. It's just a fact of life.

And Stereo, while I agree with what you're saying, you've gotta stop quoting his bullsh!t. I've put him on ignore (and you should too if he bugs you) but it doesn't do me any good when people quote his moronic posts

yeah sorry dude it wont happen again, ive finally put him on my ignore list too so an happy life is ahead of us my friend

yeah fvck kovy. the best player on the team.

you're a fvcking moron dude.

Bro. If you HONESTLY think Kovalchuck is the best player on the team at this point in the season just because the Devils spent all that money on him, you're fvcking wrong. Sorry ace. He's constantly turning over the puck. His passes are erratic 90% of the time and he has 4 fvcking goals in 21 games. WHOAAA dudes gnarly. Don't get me wrong he's a blast to watch, skates circles around everyone but I want a little more than that for all the hype.

The Rangers always give Washington a time just like the Islanders do the Devils. It's games like that make me think Washington still isn't winning a Cup.

Boyle is now on 4th line? Well, they contributed on the scoresheet tonight which is more then i can say for the Devils 4th line night in and night out.

Kinda crazy that the Caps and Devils have the same record right now.

Oh and whoever was complaining about that slash on Parise early..don't worry, he got his.

NEW YORK – New York Islanders forward John Tavares has been fined $2,500, the maximum allowed under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for slashing New Jersey forward Zach Parise in NHL Game No. 314 Friday afternoon on Long Island, the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 3:51 of the second period. No penalty was assessed on the play.

The fine money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

My thoughts from section 308. I was there in my KC Scouts jersey with my wife and daughter, in standard Devils wear. The Islanders need to learn to shoot more. They passed on some good opportunities to try to create perfect ones. When they did shoot, MOOOOOSE, was there. A great representation from Devils fans. It was nice to be the invaders of an arena for a change, rather than the invadees.

On a side note, as noted on page 1 of this thread, I did play-by-play for the post-game charity game. The Communication Workers of America defeated the Suffolk County Sheriff's Office by a score of 3-2. The winning goal came late in the 3rd and I was happy to see a few hundred people stick around for this game. Most importantly, some money was raised for a worth-while charity, AngelasHouse.org.

It was like something out of Braveheart.

yup, a two-handed tomahawk, ted green like WTF suspend that punk. so zach flattened you, deal with it

good game by some devils; sestito was solid defensively and not a liability. A-train played smart with the puck. the sykora elias tandem is smooth hockey enjoyment. the exact opposite of the choppy parise kovy duo

clarksons line was invisible offensively, as was most of our lines