countdown to the draft

SterioDesign

yeahh... i know "ohhhh that thread again" lol but i wanted to bump the right thread to see who you guys wanted after all cause from my point of view i changed my mind like 3-4 times... went through all the existing threads but it was mostly mock draft threads and interviews stuff so everyone's thought is kinda all over the place so i decided to start a new one just to get straight to the point.

personally as for right now im really not sure who i'd prefer but at least that way im gonna be happy whoever they pick we're gonna get a good player for sure

considering anything can happen and that any top 5 players except RNH might fall to us lets see... we went through all this before i know but for one last time...

Larsson: Obviously he's what everyone wants, he's a stud. Some are saying he's the next Sweden superstar, could become the next Lidstrom (can't see that happen) but others are saying he's gonna be a solid NHL but not a superstar or a top pairing Dman... but wtv he would still be our best Dman for a long time IMO

Landeskog: I was all about him not too long ago, he's a warrior + skills, IMO thats what we need in the playoffs, around the net and in the locker room, but considering some reports his ceiling is not as high than other players and that he matured faster than other kids so he may be dominating now but once the other more skilled kids grow and everything they might catch up to him, made me think for awhile about it but still... with all his heart he'd be perfect in red and black, you just can't hate players like that

Huberdeau: probably the flashiest player of the bunch he has SICK hands, can score goals, important goals and can make creative plays. Obviously he wouldnt be able to dangle like that around NHL players like he was in the juniors but if his game can translate at NHL level it would be crazy to have him pair with Kovy. Buddy would have a few highlight reel goals for sure

Couturier: this kid has all the tools apparently, and fit the devils mold (actually they all do if you ask me) but with his size and scoring touch he could be something, but again with him dropping and everything that its for good or bad reasons its risky IMO but he would still be a good NHL player... but i'd rather go for an impact player, he might be but he's the only one of the bunch that i'd have to wait and see before making a judgment

i'd have to put Murphy in there too cause he's actually 100% what we need but those big guys may be too good to pass up... especially with dman... hard to tell how they will develop so i'd rather get that piece through trades and get a proven guy who we know could do the job instead of a high draft pick who could develop slowly (see Erik Johnson)

so my pick as for this very moment its tie between Larsson and Landeskog

***but also pulling for Huberdeau cause god this kid can make pretty plays and its fun to watch lol

Haha alright, let's make this the official draft thread now. We can keep all discussion here.

Larsson/Landeskog/Couturier

I would be very happy with any of these guys. I'm not sure who will be best, but I would be happiest if we get one of these. I honestly think we'll end up with Larsson or Couturier because I think that Huberdeau has a really good chance of making the top 3

Huberdeau/Murphy

I would be slightly less satisfied, but wouldn't be bothered by getting either of these guys. For forwards, I think Landeskog and Couturier are probably better choices than Huberdeau. And Murphy kind of scares me a bit as far as his defensive game goes. He seems to be a great skater and has great vision though. Should develop into a great player regardless.

And if we trade down, I guess Strome, Zibanejad, and Beaulieu are good choices. Does anyone else think that Beaulieu may be a hidden gem in this draft? I still don't know enough about Zibanejad yet though.

But I don't want Hamilton unless we trade down to something like tenth.

In the end, I think we'll walk away with Larsson and be happy. This is getting exciting!

anyone read this on puck daddy...taken from the Landeskog jrl

After the combine, I did extra testing with the New Jersey Devils. It was one of the craziest fitness tests I've ever done. They had me and few other guys running on treadmills for as long as you could with the incline getting steeper and steeper, I didn't have a shirt on and had electrodes all over my body — I ran for 16 minutes with a huge increasing incline — which was the longest of anyone there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Landeskog-8217-s-NHL-Draft-Diary-Touched-by-th?urn=nhl-wp7810#remaining-content

Lou doesn't play games lol

I have a lot of trouble seeing the Devils trade down. Someone will be there at 4 that they like.

The only reason I say that is because Conte has said he loves 2nd round picks, and if they can get say 6th overall and a 2nd, i could see them doing it. They traded down twice when they drafted Tedenby.

From TG:

Gabriel Landeskog said he is close friends with C Jacob Josefson and that Josefson has told him a lot of good things about the Devils. Landeskog said that Lamoriello told him that Josefson spoke very highly of Landeskog when he asked about him.

A line of Landeskog, Josefson, Tedenby? Yes please.

Oh of course he then adds in that Larsson is friends with Josefson, Tedenby and Urbom... damnit

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti

Adam Larsson, who tested and met with Devils after combine, said he also is friends with Josefson and Tedenby. And he knows Urbom as well.

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti

Hamilton said Islanders are the team that has shown the most interest in him.

Edited by mmajeski06

From TG:

A line of Landeskog, Josefson, Tedenby? Yes please.

Oh of course he then adds in that Larsson is friends with Josefson, Tedenby and Urbom... damnit

As much as I'm against drafting Landeskog 4th overall, that would actually be a pretty cool line and, hypothetically at least, would work pretty well. Josefson the playmaker, Tedenby the dangler and sniper, Landeskog the power forward picking up garbage goals... I can see it. Not to mention all the Swedish communication.

Edited by iamtheprodigy

He plays both wings, although he is primarily a RW, I believe.

Thanks for the info man

TGfireandice: Larsson said that his decision on whether he plays in Sweden or North America will depend upon which team drafts him and that team's plans.

Now this quote just made me eliminate the guy from our list...the idea of loosing a 4th overall pick on a guy that possibly wont even play for us is just horrible.

Edit: Oh just realized that he was talking about his junior or AHL career (development) :giggle: (Feel real dumb.)

No award for the stupidest post of the year ? I think this one would be pretty high.

Edited by SS-SS