LA Kings "Fans"

Zubie#8

I didn't talk to a single Kings fans and I had no desire too. I know we will never, ever see this happen but I sure would love to stick all visiting fans in their own section.

Would make it too easy for them to choreograph chants/etc and appear loud in our building....

Would make it too easy for them to choreograph chants/etc and appear loud in our building....

Haha yea that's like saying you wish that all enemies in a war could be able to congregate and unite

Edited by Onddeck

I was on the suite level for game 2 and after the game I was walking out to leave and in the distance I saw a guy in a Kings jersey jumping up and down on the Devils log in the carpet AND spitting on it, all while video taping it with his camera phone. My girlfriend(unaware of what I saw) said all she heard was me say not on my watch and next thing she knew I was in full sprint mode. I got to the guy with his head down and for legal purposes let's just say the next thing I knew he was on the ground. He wanted to know why he was now put to the ground. All I said was show some class or next time he might not find such a gentle Devils fan. I then had to perform the great escape as his entourage was all up in arms and had every security guard in the arena trying to find me. Fun night.

As I was walking out of the Prudential Center I encountered a big group of Kings fans, about 5 or 6 of them. I asked all of them just a simple question. I asked why did the Kings get rid of their purple and black jerseys early this year and only use the black and silver jerseys. (The Kings got rid of them early this season). I asked this because I always loved the black and purple jersey.

...and their answer was, "whats wrong with purple, you guys wear red why cant the kings wear purple, I love our jerseys and the black and purple jersey is awesome."

I then told them, "you know the Kings got rid of the jerseys early on this season...you guys don't even know that? I know more about your team then you do."

Their response was..."why cant we wear purple, we wore it all year".

So these "passionate fans" did not even know their team got rid of their main jersey. :doh1:

Biggest bandwagon fanbase I have ever encountered. These people do not even know what hockey is, and unfortunately a lot of them showed up at that game.

Dumb post. They didn't claim to be hardcore passionate Kings or hockey fans, mister I think I know hockey but am a telemarketer whose life's purpose is to try and sound forum cool. :doh1:

Edited by PhillyDev

Dumb post. They didn't claim to be hardcore passionate Kings or hockey fans, mister I think I know hockey but am a telemarketer whose life's purpose is to try and sound forum cool. :doh1:

Oh please stop already with this trolling "I know more than these idiots on this forum" sh!t. Your post trying to tell us that the devils logo has NJ in it like we never knew that since the beginning tells a lot.

If anything every single post of yours is about how cool or how you know more than anyone else here except you come across as Master of the Obvious

Oh please stop already with this trolling "I know more than these idiots on this forum" sh!t. Your post trying to tell us that the devils logo has NJ in it like we never knew that since the beginning tells a lot.

If anything every single post of yours is about how cool or how you know more than anyone else here except you come across as Master of the Obvious

Dude, respect this guy...

He is...

THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD!

Here I thought it was Master of the Oblivious. :whistling:

LOL..all I did was share my opinion on the Kings fans I met. It was obviously worth discussing since this thread has 32 replies.

The only one trying to be 'forum cool' is you right now.

Edited by Zubie#8

Had two Kings fans next to me. Being on the end of a row, I'm used to getting up and down, but these two got up about and down, separately every time of course, literally every 8-10 minutes. After the game when the Devils won and they tried to leave, me and my father purposely got in their way while celebrating to make sure they couldn't get out and kept getting in their way when they tried to leave. When they got aggravated, I just smiled and said "See you on Wednesday." fvck 'em. Other than that though, no problems with Kings fans at all. In fact, the two sitting near me at game 1 were incredibly nice and knowledgeable.

Most of their fans are ok. There was 1 douche that started talking trash in between periods 1 and 2. Guy was wearing all black and looked like he was trying to be a Kenny Powers clone. He even rocked the curly mullet, which he obviously felt was glorious because, when he was getting sh!t for it walking down to his seats in between periods, he kept touching it like someone would pet their dog.

Anyone catch the brawl at the Fan Fest around 7 PM? I saw the tail end of it. A Ranegrs Fan in a Callahan Jersey, a Devils Fan, I tthink a Kings fan... i saw some beers tossed, some bodies rolling on the ground, then it split up for a while, then 2 chased down another and i think security hopped in. Not sure what it was all about or how it started, but in an otherwise peaceful respectful series, this was unnecessary.

Anyone catch the brawl at the Fan Fest around 7 PM? I saw the tail end of it. A Ranegrs Fan in a Callahan Jersey, a Devils Fan, I tthink a Kings fan... i saw some beers tossed, some bodies rolling on the ground, then it split up for a while, then 2 chased down another and i think security hopped in. Not sure what it was all about or how it started, but in an otherwise peaceful respectful series, this was unnecessary.

Now HOW can a Rangers fan go to that. Just shows how stupid they are.

Have you ever, in the entire time you've posted on NJDevs, had a post that wasn't "playing devils advocate"? Excuse the pun. But for real, I feel like the only time you ever post on here is to tell someone they're wrong.

And I like a lot fo your posts, but a lot of them recently are just the same old "STOP ACTING LIKE WE'RE BETTER THAN THEY ARE" sh!t.

I just feel like as of late - living here in LA - some obligation to even the keel.

It would be like some fan here posting that all UMiami students are a$$holes based on one bad interaction with a student who happened to be an ignorant Ranger fan.

Lately, there's been soooo much going on here in LA that I haven't had time to post. I've been to 3 practices talked with Lou a bit, and am going to Game 6 tonight. Its been a flurry of NJ activity and I'll have some stories and more involved posts when the dusts settles from all this.