NJDevs Fantasy Football 2013 Smack Talk

NJDevs4978

Somehow...someway, I have my fifth straight season in the top four.  

Funny, I thought I was getting Manta this week, Yahoo never re-seeded playoff brackets in the past.  Oh well, a year late and a round early but at least I finally get a crack at red in the playoffs. 

Looking at the head to head I think yu have me beat at every position, should be a rout for you this week.

Looking at the head to head I think yu have me beat at every position, should be a rout for you this week.

lol I've been 'favored' in basically every single game this season, including the one I lost to you earlier in the year.  Doesn't help I'll probably have to play Ben this week, since a lot of his value is going to be siphoned off by you having Antonio Brown (then again I did fine with McCown and VALUE having Marshall last week).

Tonight's gonna be huge cause I got a third of my team going and you have Demariyus up.

Manta may wind up being the only fantasy owner in America to lose with Charles getting over 50 points, unless Brees wakes up or Charles gets another thirty  :P

I know whereof I speak though, I somehow lost a game in my other league with Peyton's record-setting Week 1.  I'm glad I went dark and didn't pay attention to anything football-related until 4:05, I was too nervous to see any of the fantasy results till then lol

Edited by NJDevs4978

Actually in my other league my opponent had Charles and im still up by 30 not that that league matters much cos that was a 5th place game. 

This game is driving me nuts, especially with Bush being banged up a little its making me nervous

Charle$$$ $howed up for more when it mattered the mo$$$$$$$t

....ju$t $aying :)

My 1st and 2nd rounders (Rodgers, AP) were nowhere to be found, period :P

Maybe I'll get 'em both back this week but I've somehow won two playoff games without either one.  Actually other than AP as a keeper and Murray my top of the draft really didn't go very well.  It's the middle/late rounds that saved me on the whole (DeSean - 7th, Moreno - 10th, J. Thomas - 14th, Allen - FA).

Edited by NJDevs4978

truthfully you should be rooting for baltimore tonight then. because Manta gets alot of his points from brees/colston. We've seen how the saints play on the road against inferior teams and lo and be hold next week they have to go INTO Carolina, whom is a good team. (i think of them as a poor mans Seattle, good run game, good defense, jsut n ot as good as seattle, but seattle dismantled new orleans).

Jamal Charles wont have 50 points again, but they do have another squishy matchup next week vs the Colts, so hell probably have another great game 

Whereas with my team, most of my players have pretty good matchups

Edited by VivaLaFlamme

I've gone back and forth on that one, you're not wrong on the one hand...but usually any time you think the matchups favor you is when you get bit too. Plus Gordon'll probably get two 70+ yard TD's against the Jets' mistake-prone D :rolleyes:

More than anything I'm rooting for A-Rod to get his ass back under center this week :P Ben'll probably be okay at GB but you never know.  AP should be back so it'd be nice to have the full arsenal against whoever I play, especially without McCown available.

It could be a severe case of deja vu if I play Brees again though, since he eliminated me from the playoffs in my other league with a big week...against Carolina.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Bush and the Lions score on their first drive. That is actually a great sign for me for the rest of this game.

What so you can turn the game off early and go to sleep in defeat??

lol that Bush TD wound up being the difference in the (fantasy) game, I don't know wtf Manta was talking about there either.  It would have been 'good' for him if Megatron or someone else had scored.  The Laflamme-Manta game was easily the highest scoring playoff game in league history, whoosh.

So the die is cast...#5 vs. #6 in the Finals.   Interesting to note, neither a #5 or a #6 seed has ever made the Finals here since we went to a six-team playoff in 2008:

'08 - #3 VALUE over #1 Catch22

'09 - #2 Smirking Revenge over #1 Martysbetter

'10 - #1 MantaBlock over #2 NJ Swamps

'11 - #4 VALUE = BEASTMC over #2 Team Name TBD (DR)

'12 - #1 Dynamo Nation over #3 WackMC's

What so you can turn the game off early and go to sleep in defeat??

Not sure if you are familiar with professional football. Typically, when a home team marches down the field on the opening drive, they usually don't score another TD for the rest of the game or at least struggle offensively for the rest of the game.

Not sure if you are familiar with professional football. Typically, when a home team marches down the field on the opening drive, they usually don't score another TD for the rest of the game or at least struggle offensively for the rest of the game.

and not sure if you're familiar with fantasy football....it kinda sucks when the other guy's player scores a TD regardless of game result.....

And again, Bush scored and was pretty much non-existent after that. which was my point.

I deserved to lose as I broke the cardinal rule: "Set-it, and forget it"

If I didn't tinker with original starters (Vernon Davis and the Ravens D) I would have won easily. Lesson learned.