Bitter Rangers Fan Is Bitter

RowdyFan42

The big problem with Ranger fans is their arrogance. The entire world revolves around them. Thus, it's somehow a given that every single free agent is banging down the door to play in the Garden, until it turns out most don't care. Also any minor success is somehow historic. Seriously they were talking about the Gaborik triple OT winner as some kind of monumental achievement. That explains the banner raisings for Giacomin, Gilbert and Graves.

At least with the Yankees they actually win, and most Yankee fans are honest that the success is a large product of how much they can spend.

The big problem with Ranger fans is their arrogance. The entire world revolves around them. Thus, it's somehow a given that every single free agent is banging down the door to play in the Garden, until it turns out most don't care. Also any minor success is somehow historic. Seriously they were talking about the Gaborik triple OT winner as some kind of monumental achievement. That explains the banner raisings for Giacomin, Gilbert and Graves.

At least with the Yankees they actually win, and most Yankee fans are honest that the success is a large product of how much they can spend.

I didn't have a problem with Graves' number being retired...for one, he did accomplish a lot with that organization, and is the poster boy for the guy who got the absolute most out of his talent...he did some terrific things in a Ranger uniform, and spent 10 years there, with many of those seasons being productive. Second, he's a great franchise guy, with all of the charity work that he does...he's a great guy to have as one of the faces of your organization. There isn't a franchise in the NHL that wouldn't have been proud to have him on its team...I would've loved for him to have been a Devil, and I can't say that about too many Rangers.

My only problem with the Rangers retiring his number was that I wondered what the ceremony was going to be about...Graves the player/all-around great person (there was more than enough there to celebrate Graves' on- and off-ice accomplishments), or yet another reason to re-hash '94. From what I remember I think that event fell somewhere in the middle...I guess knowing the Rangers it could have been worse...bringing the Cup into the building for Messier's jersey retirement was kind of a joke.

Went to a Ranger game at the Garden this year and they have 3 intro videos.. Welcome to NYC, Welcome to The Garden, and a third video half of which shows '94 highlights and the other half shows some stuff about the current team.. I thought it was hilarious

So I was at Jenkinson's in Point Pleasant Beach tonight and saw an EMO kid drenched in sweat at one of those techno dance video game machines wearing and LA Kings Champions T-shirt. I have yet to explan why I let the loser keep his life.

• Like 1