Schneider & Salvador to IR

jagknife

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought that was pretty funny too by TG

Kinkaid and Gelinas will be back up to fill their respective roles.

Harrold better get used to riding that freaking bench/prepped for his return to Albany

Harold has been getting killed by the fans but really if he is played like he should- as a 7th defenseman making spot starts here and there- he could be really useful.

There is no way he should be starting regularly over a healthy Larsson gelinas or fayne.

Harold has been getting killed by the fans but really if he is played like he should- as a 7th defenseman making spot starts here and there- he could be really useful.

There is no way he should be starting regularly over a healthy Larsson gelinas or fayne.

Exactly. Harold is the ideal #7 defenseman who can step in when needed. It all goes back to Lou re-signing too many veteran defenseman and DeBoer's mystifying line-up decisions. Seeing Harold out there too often in critical situations is what drives me nuts.

Lou is like the government... He just kicks the can down the road. I look forward to an actual permanent solution one day.

This is actually a fair analogy lol. God, sometimes I really get tired of the games. Same with Tedenby's 'injury' earlier this year. Figures we only have one game till Saturday so Sal only misses tomorrow most likely.

The solution to the problem of having too many players who are capable of taking an NHL shift? I hope he never finds a solution to that.

Because having a bunch of third-fifth line forwards while continually misusing and wasting assets on defense has really done us a lot of good the last two years.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Because having a bunch of third-fifth line forwards while continually misusing and wasting assets on defense has really done us a lot of good the last two years.

Having 7 capable forwards, as the Devils did at the beginning of 11-12, didn't do them a lot of good either.  And thankfully the offense was horrible in 10-11 so everyone here forgets the Magnan-Corrente days on defense.  Getting caught with sub-replacement players sucks.

Lou is like the government... He just kicks the can down the road. I look forward to an actual permanent solution one day.

The solution to the problem of having too many players who are capable of taking an NHL shift?  I hope he never finds a solution to that.  

As I said yesterday... Lou had time on his side and a plan..

How is having so many quality players ever a problem?

Harrold is a perfect guy to have as a 7th defenseman, and Gionta is a perfect guy to have as a 13th forward.

gio is not going to be used as a 13th forward not even sure why you would get that idea? There have been no signs by anyone that he woyld be coming out of the line up the coaching staff obviously likes the guy

the problem is when you have guys that sit because of numbers and not because of talent.

last year, when he had 8 guys and was forced to scratch good players that should have been starting, it created resentment for everyone - even the ones that were playing. athletes like knowing their role.

a guy like harrold understands he's a 7th when everyone is healthy. the other players understand he's a 7th. when a guy like fayne gets scratched, and it's not because of poor play - just because of "numbers", that does not sit well.

this year is a bit different because gelinas is a kid and if he rides the albany-newark shuttle as an injury replacement, so be it. but when it means that they have to waive a tedenby and scratch fayne/harrold to get him in - then the problems arise.

gio is not going to be used as a 13th forward not even sure why you would get that idea? There have been no signs by anyone that he woyld be coming out of the line up the coaching staff obviously likes the guy

You missed the point. Gionta fits the bill for what a perfect 13th forward is. I realize he's not being used like it. I've said numerous times Josefson should be the everyday 4th line center.

You missed the point. Gionta fits the bill for what a perfect 13th forward is. I realize he's not being used like it. I've said numerous times Josefson should be the everyday 4th line center.

I guess good thing you're not the coach and that decision isnt yours.. gionta has the job on his line for a reason.. may be reasons we dont see but hes obviously the superior player for the position or he wouldnt have it.

I guess good thing you're not the coach and that decision isnt yours.. gionta has the job on his line for a reason.. may be reasons we dont see but hes obviously the superior player for the position or he wouldnt have it.

C'mon, you can't honestly believe that Lil Gio is better than JJ? Gio might be quicker and have a slightly better shot, but JJ is better in every other way.

C'mon, you can't honestly believe that Lil Gio is better than JJ? Gio might be quicker and have a slightly better shot, but JJ is better in every other way.

to be honest I feel like I havent really seen enough of jj to be convinced that he should have gios job.. I like gionta on the line with bernier and carter they all work well together.. theres obviously a reason hes still on a line with them there has to be more then jist gio is a hard worker yada yada

to be honest I feel like I havent really seen enough of jj to be convinced that he should have gios job.. I like gionta on the line with bernier and carter they all work well together.. theres obviously a reason hes still on a line with them there has to be more then jist gio is a hard worker yada yada

If you can't back it up with something other than "there has to be a reason", then what's the point in this discussion? JJ is superior in all ways, except he's not a grinder, which is what PDB seems to want. 

If you can't back it up with something other than "there has to be a reason", then what's the point in this discussion? JJ is superior in all ways, except he's not a grinder, which is what PDB seems to want.

it obviously fits his system better then jjs style of play.. which could be a reason hes not on the roster