1354 replies to this topic

#1201 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

Not sure if anyone saw the work done at dino bbq but I thought it was pretty cool too see they are opening it to the plaza and putting windows on the second floor as well.Posted Image

#1202 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

Yeah I noticed it on Tuesday when windows were being installed. Good idea.

#1203 66nexus

66nexus

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

Not sure if anyone saw the work done at dino bbq but I thought it was pretty cool too see they are opening it to the plaza and putting windows on the second floor as well.Posted Image

Awesome. You should post this up on wired too.

Yeah I noticed it on Tuesday when windows were being installed. Good idea.

Definitely. I thought they were going to leave the plaza banner there and not open it up (like in the renderings). Can't wait to that area comes up, the atmosphere will be supercharged.

#1204 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

Wow seems like things are starting to pick up in Newark. Good to see!
Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#1205 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

I remember that rendering for the Edison ale house building having the restaurants facing the plaza but aparently to do that would have added a huge amount of costs...oh well having the restaurant face the plaza is going to open up oportunities to really have an outdoor eating plaza and maybe a beer garden like set up.

Edited by newarkdev01, 02 January 2012 - 10:25 PM.

#1206 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:18 AM

Nj Transit has to look into Curitiba's Bus system and see what they can learn from it and do the same NWK and Surroundings. Light Rails are great but they extremely expensive and if riders paterns changes you canot modify the route unless you dump another high some of cash. They have to make Bus transportation more efficient thus make more appealing for riders.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#1207 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

Nj Transit has to look into Curitiba's Bus system and see what they can learn from it and do the same NWK and Surroundings. Light Rails are great but they extremely expensive and if riders paterns changes you canot modify the route unless you dump another high some of cash. They have to make Bus transportation more efficient thus make more appealing for riders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL_So666mYY

The issue with your suggestion is that the primary problem with buss transportation is the same that drives up cost on rail, right of way. You might notice in the little infomercial that there are very few cars on the road and that is the primary problem with buss transportation. If you use buss routes, especially in Newark you will see even as they plan Rapid buss transit, they struggle to carve out buss lanes. This issue is the same reason why NYC has such an extensive underground subway system in Manhattan, the ran out of room to run trolley's above ground and were forced under. In Newark the political pressure that existed actually tore up or paved over the trolley tracks (ones of which ran basically on the buss lines that go through most of Newark today). Light rail without right of way in many ways defeats the benefit of rail which is you are not stuck in traffic. If you think about it, getting on a bus with 50 other people only to sit in traffic with cars is the equivalent to car pooling with 50 people you don't know.

#1208 oat77

oat77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

Just decided to look for some info about Dinosaur Bar-B-Que and found these.

Attached File  396625_10150480151052561_22030722560_8655982_1492160474_n.jpg   161.75KB   42 downloads

From their facebook. This is looking out to Championship Plaza. I think that will be really awesome.

Article with one of their pitmasters about another new location they are opening up.
Says:

Newark (March 2012)

224-226 Market Street

Newark, NJ

Which judging by other Newark openings means next summer.
Dino BBQ

From their facebook
DINO Facebook

The restaurant will highlight the original mosaic floors, pressed tin tile roof and exposed brick, while incorporating salvaged, eclectic accents to create an inviting and rustic environment for diners.

Another interview
Dino Interview

You're always booking bands for your customers, but do you play anything just for you in the kitchen?
No, no we have live music six nights a week and the music bleeds into the kitchen. We have punk rock, blues... we have a pretty eclectic mix.

What I really like about this place is that all the other locations have live music on Friday and Saturday nights. And some have it every night.

"I love working for New Jersey," Burns said. "They've been great to me. They've supported me. (General manager) Lou (Lamoriello) is a godsend for me because he's looked after me, and I know I can stay close to hockey."

#1209 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

Oat,

I tunneled around a little bit and thye have tons of shots of the smoker coming in. Pretty cool stuff. I might post a few more if I have the time.

#1210 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

Harrison wins in their tax windfall case against Red Bulls:

http://www.theobserver.com/?p=5521

#1211 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

Didn't see this posted...neat piece on the rock from Forbes.

http://www.forbes.co...anding-efforts/

Edited by devlman, 31 January 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#1212 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

I took these today and i't pretty wild to watch the move along on the dino bbq building and the two hotels. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
https://lh6.googleus...00/DSCN2601.JPG

Edited by newarkdev01, 29 January 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#1213 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

That thing needs a powerwashing lol. Nice pics, did you have any hotel ones? I as there on Friday and noticed the outside of the Indigo building was stripped to its bones.

#1214 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,003 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

Nice pics and news updates thanks guys

#1215 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

http://mobile.bloomb...ur-decades.html

#1216 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-02/marriott-set-to-open-downtown-newark-s-first-new-hotel-in-four-decades.html

Now that they mention it, yeah, they picked a great spot to open a Marriot.. I'm excited to have a new restaurant in the area as well, though I'm sure it will still be Marriot prices.. I hope they put in some cool stores too
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1217 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

Just decided to look for some info about Dinosaur Bar-B-Que and found these.

Attached File  396625_10150480151052561_22030722560_8655982_1492160474_n.jpg   161.75KB   42 downloads

From their facebook. This is looking out to Championship Plaza. I think that will be really awesome.

Article with one of their pitmasters about another new location they are opening up.
Says:

Which judging by other Newark openings means next summer.
Dino BBQ

From their facebook
DINO Facebook

Another interview
Dino Interview

What I really like about this place is that all the other locations have live music on Friday and Saturday nights. And some have it every night.

I'm a regular at the Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem. There are a couple good BBQ places in the City like Fette Sau, Blue Smoke and Hill Country, but I really don't have time for any of them anymore because Dino is my absolute favorite place in the world. It's like Disney Land for carnivores. I can't believe/can't wait they're opening next door to the arena. That is beyond amazing.

#1218 66nexus

66nexus

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

http://www.nj.com/bu...ooker_join.html

Teacher's Village is happening.

#1219 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Harrison is planning to build a 20 story building with about 200 apartments. It is planned to be build on bridge st edgeing passaic river

Tetando do meu HTC EVO

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#1220 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

Harrison is planning to build a 20 story building with about 200 apartments. It is planned to be build on bridge st edgeing passaic river

Tetando do meu HTC EVO

The development around the Stadium in Harrison needs to pick up already. SLOW as molasses. The PATH station was supposed to be redeveloped long ago, too. They need some more pubs in all those empty lots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users