Lou's team-first creed turned NJ into winners

hattrick

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=643004

"No one is more important than the logo," Lamoriello told NHL.com. "My philosophy has always been to respect teammates. In order to have success, you need each other. You need your trainers, your equipment people and your scouts. To me, that's what a team is all about, philosophically, and that's what [the New Jersey Devils] are all about."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=643005

I followed his career when he became athletic director at Providence and then left to go to the Devils in 1987, and to see where his career has gone is fantastic," Shero told NHL.com. "I'd just gotten out of school when he went to New Jersey. I think what really stands out to me is his honest approach in dealing with people and with his teams."

Shero can vividly recall spending time with Lamoriello in his early years as an NHL executive.

Edited by hattrick

Sure don't have any more "old-time" thinkers like that anymore. I would love to have lunch with Lou and see if he has any "spiritual convictions"...that is what I'm interested in.
. At Panera, of course. :P

Just tell him he's got a free lunch at Panera and he'll be there

. Bah, ya beat me to it lol.

Lou needs a statue in the plaza or a banner in the rafters

This x100. I know he wouldn't want one and it's not typical for a GM but i'd be the first to sign a petition for a statue in the middle of the plaza. Especially if it had his face posed as msweets profile picture. I don't think any other GM had every had such an impact as Lou

Yeah, I know he's done SO SO much for this team and hockey, but he's never been one to want recognition beyond having his team win Cups. I think a banner might work, but a statue would be a bit too garish for Lou.

I realize it's not Lou's style but I think we all agree that fans 30 years from now need to know who he is, so I think there needs to be some public display for him in or around the arena.. To me, this is a little bigger than what Lou wants, he's the reason this franchise still exists and the reason for its successes, so I know he'll want to keep this stuff to a minimum but its almost not fair to the fans for him to block some sort of homage to his legacy

I realize it's not Lou's style but I think we all agree that fans 30 years from now need to know who he is, so I think there needs to be some public display for him in or around the arena.. To me, this is a little bigger than what Lou wants, he's the reason this franchise still exists and the reason for its successes, so I know he'll want to keep this stuff to a minimum but its almost not fair to the fans for him to block some sort of homage to his legacy

Agreed... A statue will one day go up, and like you're saying, it will probably be at the request of a fan/benefactor or civic request, not by Lou or anyone in the Devils offices; and it's more than deserved..